FIFA U-17 World Cup 2009 -Nigeria [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Sharles, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil in group B with Switzerland , Japan and Mexico.

Squad list

Kick off today vs Japan.

2. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I am watching Brasil vs Japan on espn360... the field is made of artificial turf!!! A few slipping Brazilian plays ... artificial turf is not a good sign for us :confused:

On top of this, they are blowing those damn zurzuelas (horns)

3. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil 3 x 2 Japan

A very tough debut for Brasil. We had a great start, until we scored the first goal. Then we relaxed a lot, and Japan got the equalizer and a big confidence boost. The japanese dominated the game from the last 15 minutes of the first half until the first 15 minutes of the second half, when we managed to balance the game again with a goal from Neymar, but yet again we relaxed and Japan equalized on a counter attack. In the last minute of the match, the japanese GK made a huge mistake after a cross from a FK and gifted us the victory.

Brief highlights:
    negative:

DMFs: They didn't mark in the midfield, didn't help on the transition between attack and defense, didn't protect our backline ( which resulted on Japan's two goals), didn't try long range shots and didn't make any worthwhile passes. It seemed like we were with 9 players in the field and the midfield was dominated by Japan because of that. Really atrocious performance.

Positive:
    GK: Saved us about 4 times. Nice start, huh?

Coutinho and Neymar: even tho they were contamined with our overall lackluster performance through most of the game, the only time that they connected resulted in a beautiful goal, our 2nd. Let's hope for more.

Central defenders: During the U-20 WC I always felt that our CBs were shaky.... Not this time. Romario and Gerson bring confidence to me, we would've got a clean sheet if it wasn't for the DMF blunders.

I couldn't find any quality videos yet =/

4. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I couldn't find a stream to watch any of the games, but I followed them and then saw the highlights later.

What a spectacular first goal. Great shot, reminiscent of Walter's opener in the SA U20's.
    With Neymar's goal was I the only one who had a flashback to Pele's famous fake? I know it wasn't the same but it's the first thing that came to mind.

With regard to the CDM's. I never understood why Joao Paulo was playing in that position in the SA U17's when Elivelton and Carlao seems to have such a good understanding. He can play there but he is more of a winger to me, not even a CAM.

5. MikeyBoy

MikeyBoy New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Man I thought exactly the same thing of Neymar's gol. I don't think he will end up being a Lulinha kinda player who fades away after awhile. He and Coutinho are special.

6. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-e0JRlZqU"]YouTube - Os Gols de Brasil 3 x 2 Japão . Copa do Mundo sub-17 .[/ame]

7. Thunder1Roof

Thunder1Roof New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Coutinho really caught my eye. Magical and at the same time is effective. He doesn't just do tricks to show off, there is a purpose. Unlike other Brazilian magician's he runs very well without the ball, and is very good at anticipating the passing lanes on defense.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

he has great vision for such a young age.

9. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i can see him playing for brasil next year already -- after the world cup of course. the guy is just that talented.

10. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Coutinho is impressive indeed.He's not only has great technique and skill,but an amazing vision.
    I expect a lot from him and Neymar playing togetther.

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The only problem is he leaving for Europe too soon IMO. As soon as he turn 18 he off to inter.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Vasco needs the money if they are to battle it out in Series A next season. or Coutinho can be loaned straight back to Vasco from Inter.

13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    ehhh we really arent playing too well in this mexico match. lots of running around an open play but it seems liek both sides hit a brick wall once they reach the penalty area.

14. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yeah it wouldnt shock me if he is loaned straight back. i dont think he's quite ready for the first team in italy -- and i dunno if i'd like to see him playing even for a serie B team.

15. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mexico won 1-0, deserved win I think, Brazil didn't create chances at all and I got the feeling we're playing without a real targetman Zezinho is more of a SS like Neymar.
    Switserland next a must win...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197xn4Qsg48"]YouTube - Brazil vs Mexico (0-1) - Highlights - U-17 World Cup[/ame]

16. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    The Mexicans looked damn good!!! I think we are in deep trouble... we have not shown the usual quality soccer out there... the kids seem to be out of shape, no sense of strategy, just a bunch of highly talented individual players, but not a solid team...

17. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Interesting to see Nizzo play Zezinho up top when Wellington did so well in that position in the South American U17s as a false striker. Changing the formation was a mistake as well. Too many piano players in the diamond. A 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-2-2 would be better. If I were Nizzo it would be:

Alysson
    Cristian--Romario--Gerson--Guilherme
    Elivelton--Carlao
    Zezinho------------------Coutinho
    Neymar--Wellington​

or

Alysson
    Cristian--Romario--Gerson--Guilherme
    Elivelton--Carlao
    Zezinho----Coutinho-------Neymar
    Wellington

Defensive stability and attacking prowess is a given.

18. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was quite busy so I didn't write the review, but I agree 100% with this. Everyone tries to solve everything by themselves, there is no produtive movement, I don't get the feeling that the players WANT to help their teammates... Much can be explained by their young age, young brasilian players tend to try to be the hero and them learn from experience that it's easier to play with your team... Even so, such lack on strategy, motivation... I think the coach is not doing a good job at all, he should've been able to tame all this.

19. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    gonna be pretty tough for us to qualify.

what is the tie-break like here? is it GD then goal scored? switzerland have like 6 goals and +3 GD. even if we beat them, we could conceivably still be in 3rd -- and that would depend on the outcome of the mexico-japan game. i think we probably can qualify has a 3rd place team, but we're definitely gonna need to win to have 6 pts. i would say that 6 pts should qualify as one of hte top 4 3rd place teams.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    if mexico lose, and brazil wins your in. i think your GD is higher then Mexicos.

o to -1

21. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i wasnt sure if they applied head to head. since it appears they don't, brazil wins and they're in.

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Greetings can anyone tell me about Japans attack? I was wondering
    what to watch out for against Japan and good luck to Brasil
    against the Switz

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    we lost against the Swiss. Didn't watch the game but it looks like we dominated having 20+ shots against 6 plus overwhelming posession.

Only hope is to go through as one of the 4 best 3rd places ... but looking at the other groups, it doesn't look good. I think we are out.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

disappointing...

25. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Indeed. It seems like only Neymar and Coutinho are good on this team, the other are either clueless or are talented but too selfish.... Even tho Neymar and Coutinho didn't show much either. We can only hope that we qualify somehow and pray that they sort that out , or it will be useless.

Eles jogam como um bando, não como um time.