FIFA Ticket Transfer Database - Refunds?

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by Justin O, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Just wondering - did anyone successfully have tickets resold, and subsequently get refunded, through the FIFA ticket transfer database? Did anyone receive any kind of indication one way or another that attempts at reselling tickets were or were not successful?

2. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Refund still has not hit for me. Anything before August 8th (28 days after the final) would be a shocker.

3. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Thanks. A quick post here when/if you do in fact get refunded would be appreciated!

4. FWIW, I *think* the TST refunds are due in late August, so I'm going to start looking for it in mid-September. TIA.

I bought the TST-7 for USA in South Africa. And I'll buy it again in Brazil. And all other Cups.

I'm going to need them at some point.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Nothing yet on my end.

6. Cal Wizard Fan

Cal Wizard Fan New Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just looked at my credit-card account and noticed FIFA finally refunded my money for re-sold single game tickets.

7. FWIW, I just got refunded for the unused TSTs.

8. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Thanks for the input guys. I got mine too.

9. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    I received two emails last weekend, one for each game I sold, and the amounts were listed correctly. However, only one of the two games has been refunded to my CC (that was on Monday).

Really hope the second refund hits without me having to contact the caves where these crooks conduct their business.

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Still 0 for 3. For three resales (two via FIFA and one PMA) I've received two e-mails telling me I would get further communication, then two e-mails informing me of the amounts I'd be receiving for non-PMA resales, one e-mail telling me my PMA refund had been unsuccessful, and another more recent e-mail telling me the amount of the PMA refund I'd be getting. The quoted PMA refund is less $ than I thought it would be, but I haven't actually received any dough from FIFA yet.

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Now one for three. One resale was posted to my VISA account on 8/17/10. Still waiting for two other resales.

12. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    your other 2 were bought using the same visa card? why the delay in the other 2?

13. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    All of my tickets were purchased with the same credit card. I had to change the card in order to pick up the tickets in South Africa because my wife's purse had been stolen. But I was able to pick up the tickets with no problem in South Africa.

I purchased tickets from FIFA and also through the USSF via the PMA portal. I got e-mail confirming the resales of the FIFA tickets and specifying the resale proceeds on August 13, 2010, and an e-mail confirming resale of the PMA tickets and the sales proceeds on August 19, 2010. However, on August 18, 2010, I also got an e-mail at the e-mail address I used for the PMA tickets saying their initial attempt to make the refund was unsuccessful possibly due to invalid payment details. I e-mailed them the next day the credit card information they should have already had. And they made one refund for some of the tickets I bought through FIFA.

FIFA should have everything they need to make the refunds as all tickets are on the same card and they've managed to make one refund. I have no idea why they can't get it done (other than the fact that FIFA makes more interest on the float the longer they string out the refunds).

14. CrooklynBlue

CrooklynBlue New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    I'm furious with FIFA. I resold three pairs of Cat. 2 tix through their site before the tournament, for a total of $720. On Aug 6 I got an email from them saying they were processing my refund and that I'd get it within a week. I forgot about it until a couple weeks ago, when I realized I still hadn't been paid. I emailed them and got no response, so I called them. I spoke with a customer service rep who told me that I'd be getting $700 back ($20 processing fee), and that my Visa would be credited within 3-4 days. Yesterday was two weeks and still no money, so I called back. That rep no longer works there (great), so a different rep tried to help me. She said that one of my three matches didn't resell after all, and that I'd only be getting $460 back instead of $700. I asked her how that was possible since their site said all three matches had been resold months ago and the other rep confirmed this unprompted the other week, with the match #s and everything. Of course, you now can't log into the ticketing site to confirm this. They just sent me a screen shot to me indicating only two matches had been resold, which I find highly dubious but there's nothing I can do about it.

So to sum up, instead of getting $700 back within a month of the final game, which would have been by Aug 11, I still haven't gotten paid on Oct 13 and when I do it'll be just $460. Thanks, FIFA!