FIFA threatens all Italian clubs with ban

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Sagy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Sagy

Sagy New Member

Aug 6, 2004
    FIFA threatens all Italian clubs with ban if Juventus challenges ruling
    Does anyone knows what will happen if Juventus does file with the civil court and the court rejects their appeal immediately? What if the court takes awhile?

Italy has Euro 2008 qualifiers on Sep 2nd and 6th. Italian clubs have CL games on Sep 12th & 13th and UEFA Cup on the 14th. Italy can make up the games at a later date and it is possible to give Braga, Kazan and West Ham a bye to the UEFA group stage, but what what will happen in the CL? there is little or no time to make up the games (especially if more than one match day is postponed). I guess that Red Star could replace Milan (and give Liberec a bye into the UEFA group stage), but what about Inter and Roma? Will the CL draw have to be redone?

2. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Juventus (and not only that team, also the others implicated in the scandal) have pushed ahead with their claims, regardless of FIFA. Personally, I think FIFA will let it go, or some kind of compromise will result. I don't see the expulsion of Italian teams any time soon.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Had this happened in England, bannings would already have been put in place. :rolleyes: