fifa soccer 2005

Discussion in 'Korea' started by cha doo ri, Oct 26, 2004.

1. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I haven't really bothered. Seems like you can have only a quasi mixed kinda face.
    Professional is easy if you're using a big team.

2. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    Player switching is there on WE/PES. You can have it so its fixed and also you can set the level of switching. Also theres always the R2 button to completely control the player on a pass (i.e for a through pass you can cancel the player's projected receive area and cut in front of the pass for a dandy move)

3. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    has anyone find asian faces in create a player?? there is no freakin asian faces and there is no way to make asian eyes, i want to create park chu yong so bad.....can anyone help??

4. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    just finished my first season(1st place) in career mode with suwon.....my 11 was

----------------lee wj(captain)----
    -----choi jc(from chonbuk---jo sung hwan---jo byung guk
    -choi sy------kim du heon----kim jin woo------ono(from feyenoord)
    ----seo jw-----------nam goong ung--------ko jong su

tried to get lee chun soo but declined my offer......is there fa cups and stuff in career mode??

5. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes, you will get to play in every tournament you qualify for in Career mode. However, there won't be the Asian CL etc. I think they do have the UEFA CL and UEFA Cup.

6. ttmmkk001

ttmmkk001 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 29, 2004
    is there any international tournament?
    fifa 2004 does not even have one!

7. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do yourself a favour save your money and buy Winning Eleven 8 or Pro Evo 4 whatever the hell its called in your country

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA 2005 upon further review is a much improved game. Is it better than Winning Eleven? I haven't played much of WE to make a credible statement. But FIFA is a decent title and keeps you entertained. Too bad my control is being a bitch, otherwise I'd be playing right now.

9. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well if you want a game thats scripted,bad controls,bs ball physics,plastic players,decent commentary,ok career mode and a game that looks almost the same as the last version id say its a small improvement but not great the game is still crap this coming from a FIFA fan who used to play FIFA religiously since the 98 version and used to bash the pro evo series alot it seems EA always screw it up with each version of their FIFA series of football games the first time i played Pro evo 2 on the ps2 ive never gone back to the FIFA series i just uninstalled my copy of FIFA 05 today and returned it so i can get a copy of pro evo 4 when it gets released a day before my 20th.

10. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so that was the longest run-on sentence I've ever read.

Listen, can everyone quit their bitching about FIFA. Is it the best? I don't know. I don't think so. Is Winning Eleven better? From the little I've played, yes. Does that mean FIFA just plain sucks? It's debatable, and at first I felt that way. But after playing it, no it's not that bad. Plus it does its job of entertaining me. Geez, everyone gets on their Winning Eleven high-horse and tells everyone that FIFA's crap. Yeah it's a game with its flaws. But hell, I'm having my share of fun with it. You wanna talk about Winning Eleven then go start a Winning Eleven thread.

11. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you like the fifa series get it if you dont then dont i never said that you "have to get winning series :rolleyes: " people are entitled to their own opinion if you want a arcade football game FIFA is the game to get if you want a football game close to the real thing Winning Eleven is the game to get and yes both games do have flaws

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    someone help me...

Fifa 2005...or K0rn's Greatests Hits album...it's tough decision...

i been too addicted to GTA to play Fifa, but i already have a lot of k0rn's albums so...beehhh

13. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Actually no. I hated FIFA 99-2003.
    I seen plenty of people I know who were really into Winning Eleven and I showed them even FIFA 2004 and they were "WOW." Because FIFA changed so much over the years. FIFA 2004 had one VERY obvious flaw in a bad poor touch but they fixed it in FIFA 2005.
    FIFA 2005 doesn't have an international tournament but creating a tournament is easier this time. Last time you had to go into an existing tournament like the FA Cup and replace the clubs with national teams. No longer. The old fashioned tournament creation's back and god knows what they were thinking when they got rid of it.
    Also you can put yourself and a few buddies in the game. You can take some pile of crap team and load them in there and pretend it's your club team. I admit this is WAY worse than the Winning Eleven team and player edit thing. But if you wanted to do it, you could. Also ideal for adding the lesser known players of your favorite team that the FIFA guys left out.

14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    bought the game, played it for few hours. I'm starting as Incheon United in career mode, i've created a korean player (yes, his face does look asian unlike u guys where u just suck at it...but he's got glasses like Davids :D ) and his ratings is 87 at age of 16.

I also got Freddy Adu (transferred him before i started the career mode)...

So my created player "J.K Jung", Choi Tae Uk and Freddy Adu in front 3 (Adu is a attacking mid-fielder though).

it's sort of different...if a player has a lot of speed, you could easily run past the defense. But damn, K-League players suck.

15. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    how da hell did you make a face that acutally looks asian.....help me....where did u position the bars and stuff.....please help...plzzzz

16. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    It's pretty good though isn't it?

17. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    I just played fifa 2005. I have no good comments to make about it other than that it has the k-league teams. I may be WE8/PES biased but the Konami series just feels right and doesn't have all the crosshairs and such for free kicks. I think the EA animations are overrated as well.

I used to respect the EA titles but I feel that all their games are becoming unrealistic with lots of flash but no dash.

18. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    word thats the only good thing about the fifa series is they have the k-league but overall fifa is a good arcade soccer game and dont expect to see me here for a while friend just came back from italy and bought me a copy of FM 2004 :D

19. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    man FM 2005 is damn addictive just started a game with wolves last game i played was a friendly against galatasaray and beat them 3-1

[​IMG]
    :D

20. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Only if it were true.
    I played a demo of FM and I do like it. But I can't play it windowed on this machine so it's a problem :(

21. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    so can anyone plzzz help me make a freakin asian face?? i tried for hours last night..........nothing......n e help would be fine thx.....

22. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    try www.fifakorea.net its a korean fifa fan site with patches,flags,faces etc. im pretty sure they have a forum as well.

23. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Woah just visited fifakorea.net and konami are bringing out a K-League Version of Winning Eleven 8

24. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "I played a demo of FM and I do like it. But I can't play it windowed on this machine so it's a problem"
    Damn cause your missing out on one addictive and awesome game

25. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    I know.
    I'm a Championship Manager player since 1997.