fifa soccer 2005

Discussion in 'Korea' started by cha doo ri, Oct 26, 2004.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I love the most recent patch that I downloaded recently for WE8... comes with everything you said above, and my favourite part is the real chants, it bring out real atmosphere in the game! Mine has chants for Korea too, like Pilsung Korea, dae han min guk... feels like I was in World cup in Korea all over again!

Pacific should have it as soon as its out in Japan, which is sometime in next week or two... I'll drop you a note when it arrives :)

2. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    what's pes?

3. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    ppl with fifa 2005....did any of you create park chu yong yet?? can anyone help me creating him??...

4. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    yeah man, I was extremely impressed with the patch and how much detail and care went into making the patch. The AC milan chants are wicked too.

PES=PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER which is basically Winning Eleven

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I just bought it.
    And it's GREAT! :D

6. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    I just bought it.
    And it's GREAT! :D
    They really did fix those first touches that was a huge problem in FIFA 2004. Also the passing is alright. Controls aren't super responsive but I like that. Of course some places need improvement, namely the indirect set pieces. Also I felt the music selection in 2004 was better.
    But they really fixed the controls. Great stuff.

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I honestly don't think the controls have gotten any better. The first touch control is ok, but still really doesn't help you out that much. The controls are too loose for me and at times it rarely feels like you have control. My main problem is playing defense. They've made the tackling system way too damn complicated. I'll be hitting the tackle button and don't do anything, yet I can just run into the guy next play and knock him off the ball. That and animations still lock up a lot of times sending your players running out of bounds even though you had no intention of doing so. This year's title just seems less inspiring than the previous. Why settle for mediocre when EA can try and be great? I hate this game. And of course I'll probably still end up playing it over and over again.

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've played FIFA 2004 for both PC and X-Box. Graphics always tend to be better on PC, depending on how good your computer and video card is. They just look sharper and more refined. That's not to say that PS2 graphics are bad, which they aren't. I think the biggest thing comes down to how you're playing on the PC. Playing on the keyboard for me is damn near impossible. I bought the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad which is the controller recommended. It's shaped almost exactly like the PS2 controller, but where the analog sticks are, instead of a round hole, it's built into a square hole. That makes it a bit difficult when trying to run a player straight. That aside, I think the controls are a bit dodgy regardless on the PC. I found on the X-Box it's a bit easier to control, but the layout of the X-Box's buttons on their controller suck. All in all that's as indepth as I can get. I've only played exhibition matches on the X-Box and never a season. There are patches you can get for the PC so you can modify your control buttons and stuff, which oddly enough isn't on the original game for any system. So honestly, I guess it's a toss up. But if I had to choose, I'd take a look at your PC and your hardware to make sure it's up to pace with the system recommendations. If not then you'll see some less inspiring graphics and lagging gameplay. If that's the case go with X-Box. Either that or whichever's cheaper.

9. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    I really feel the controls have been improved... WAY more than FIFA 2004. Remember in FIFA 2004 that awkward touch that made you lose the ball all the time? Your player would recieve a very slow pass and he'd still have to knock it about a meter in front of him... always towards an opponent as it seemed.
    But they totally fixed that (as they did for Euro 2004).
    I seem to be able to use the first touch pretty well and the foot tricks this time around actually work sometimes if you use it right unlike FIFA 2004 where you'd HAVE to pass your way around an opponent and the freestyle moves were totally useless.
    I agree the slide tackle has become quite difficult though.
    I haven't had any issues with animation locking as of now...
    So far so good it seems!

10. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, I still disagree about the controls. I think they are a little bit better but still feels loose. Slide tackling is hard, but the good thing is that they actually call proper fouls and give cards when warranted. The other tackling is hard. It says to hold down the button to knock them off but it barely works. I'm getting frustrated with the lack of attention FIFA pays to the controls. However, since I didn't pay $30 for nothing, I've started a season in Division 2 and use Darlington.

11. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    I like the addition of "create player."
    We now have a Korean in the Premiership playing for Aston Villa lol

12. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I don't know what took them so long to bring that back even though it's not a vital part of the game. Is it me or do they seem to be cutting down the number of supporter chants? In fact, the crowd in general sounds dull and uninterested while John Motson and Ally McCoist sound drunk at times.

13. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    The creation center was really nice. Too bad they got rid of that because there's nothing quite like adding your pub team in the game.
    Well in terms of match commentary, FIFA has always been the best at that. The WE7 commentary was ridiculously sad.
    The WE7 set pieces are better though. Too rigid in the FIFA series.

14. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After playing it and starting a campaign, I take back some of the comments about '05. I was too quick to judge without really playing it. Still, there are a ton of complaints. The control still is too unbalanced for me but I'm getting used to the First Touch Control which helps things out A LOT. There are still instances when it feels as if you're powerless over certain situations. For example, they usually blow the whistle pretty quickly once it gets into stoppage time. As the computer was threatening, they had one last run in my third of the field. They took a shot and it was deflected out of bounds. Always when I'd clear it the next time, the whistle would blow. Of course the whistle didn't blow and right then and there I knew they'd score no matter what I did. What happened? They scored. I know this sounds like sour grapes on my part that I let them score. But there are certain moments in the game when you just know that you're powerless to do anything. I've played these games for years so I pretty much know when it's gonna happen. Also, no matter how you position the analog stick, clearances will be kicked out for a corner, even if you're pointing straight down the pitch. It drives me nuts.

Anyway, is there a way to win 50/50's? I'm getting frustrated getting beaten in the air all the friggin time.

15. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes I've won plenty of 50/50s in the air. it works better if you're doing a headed pass to a player to the side or the direction towards your own goal.
    You just have to know how to do it right I guess. And then it's not guaranteed. So that's a good thing.
    The only real major complaint I have about the FIFA right now is the set pieces. I don't like it how it forces you to takea direct shot when you might just want to lay it off or swing in a cross.

16. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    It Sucks
    No Iran Either!
    Pes4/we8 For Life!!!

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I just gotta practice the headers or hope for the best.

I agree on the set pieces. It'd be nice to have the option, especially since sometimes you're way too far to even make a decent attempt on goal with a direct free kick. However I like how they made the free kicks a bit harder. In '04, all you had to do was get the timing right and not even close to perfect and it would go in almost all the time. Now they seemed to make it harder where you have to be spot on, and even then it'll usually be saved.

I wish they'd let you review the offer for transfers before having to make a decision. I was offered a player but didn't have a chance to review him, so I had no clue how good he was or his value. I'm sure I'll find more things to bitch about as I play more.

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    how many players can u create in fifa 2005? just one?

do they tell u each player's age in career mode? do players improve every year or u gotta do the same crap as last year...trying to put prestige points on them to improve their games. do players retire?

answer plz...

19. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes they tell you the player's age and you can create more than one player.

20. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    If you really like club football, and you're not really interested in international football then FIFA is good. For international football it's been quite weak for a long time now.
    Because for some people, they can't stand playing against Charmartain, or Aquitaine, or those funny looking badges that don't stand for anything, or the incredibly limited team selection, or the really really really bland commentary. Or getting scored on by Som Gi-yom.
    Plus the graphics. Plus the annoying 80's techno in the background which is a 15 second long clip that's played on loop.
    So it's a tradeoff.

For me, I like both the games. For international football I usually go off and play Winning Eleven. For club football I play FIFA now that 2005 really has improved a lot.

21. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man this years commentary on FIFA05 is absoloutly ******** compared to the other versions of fifa its starting to sound too scripted and it sounds like they had a few before they did the voice recordings dont know how you can play fifa 05 its like when you try to control a player its not responsive ie. when you try to swtich players and move around to defend its already to late cause by the time you get the player to move theyve already gone past you.

22. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    That's player switching thing. You can turn it off in FIFA. I never managed to find that option in WE7. Maybe it's not there. But yeah it automatically changes and then I have people running away. Happens more in WE7 than in FIFA for me, though it does happen in FIFA as well.
    Commentary, no one really pays attention... too busy playing but a constant chit chat in the background gives the right atmosphere. But "Running with the ball," "Well someone's got to do something in order to score," is a bit too lazy.
    Players aren't 100% responsive because neither are real people. An in between of FIFA and WE should be good in responsiveness.

23. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Bad thing is that, I can't see any Asian Faces when i create player..all ugly looking piss of craps...

And another thing I noticed was that World Class mode is fuken hard...Keeper is not a human...he saves everything AND the players is perfect...they defend everything and their shooting is 100% accurate...

24. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Never play World Class unless you want to kill yourself by sundown.

25. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    But I found Pro pretty easy ;)
    BTW: Is there any way you can have Asian Face when you create player??