fifa soccer 2005

Discussion in 'Korea' started by cha doo ri, Oct 26, 2004.

1. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    my cousin bought me fifa soccer 2005 and its pretty good....alot better than 2004....no korea though only thing that sux about it....anyone have it??

2. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    WE and PES for LIFE

3. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    lol....yea im gonna buy we when it comes out....is we gonna be called pes when it comes out to the states??

4. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    It should be
    PES has a wicked line up for korea. They have lee dong guk and there stats for lee young pyo improved but they cut down on Choi Sung Guk (he's amazing in WE8) Lee Dong Guk supposedly shoots like a rocket.

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    WE7 got it right with South Korea.. Over the bar, over the bar, over the bar, over the bar...

6. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I thought it was more a case of "over to the bar" with a lot of the Korean players believing the hype of their own celebrity... ;)

7. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol man just played a match between korea and japan in Winning Eleven 7 and did a beckham homerun with ahn that cost me the match and lost 2-1 but yeah the stats are spot on lol hit 3 homeruns with ahn but yeah fifa 05 is an improvement but its still crap but yeah its good enough to keep me going while i wait for pes 4 to get released on pc.

8. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    The NT is much weaker in WE8/PES4. Seems like their slower and they can't hold on to the ball as well. I always test my skills againest Argentina on 6* level. I win some and I lose some. Freaking Crespo is eating Yoo Sang Chul and Cho Byung Guk alive in the back with his headers.

9. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i thought there were only 5 stars on WE series?

10. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    WE8/PES4 you can unlock 6*'s

Not much different from 5*'s other than the fact if you screw up back they'll rape your defence.

11. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada

In PES4, compared to WE8, I think lot of korean players improved quite a bit...
    Guys like Kim Young Kwang, Lee Woon Jae (dunno why though), Ahn, Yoo, and Kim Do Heon (who is somehow now the best player on the team) all got better stats.

I can't wait for Winning Eleven Asian championship... going to Pacific Mall the first day its avaliable :D

12. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    Send me a PM when its out.

13. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    what's PES?

And does FIFA 05 have korean players or Korean NT?

14. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I've heard, there is no Korean NT but they do keep the K-League. Why they dumped the NT I don't know.

I wasn't going 05 because I was getting sick of EA Sports and their focus on graphics, not gameplay. But then EA Sports sent me a $15 gift certificate for my birthday so damn them, I caved. I it's worth registering your games after all.

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KFA wanted too much money from EA Sports to put the Korean NT so EA didn't put them.

Gameplay for Fifa is alright...I just sometimes wish u could edit players like the old days of Fifa...

16. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the knock on the game is that the controls feel too stiff, although the one touch control is supposed to be a nice addition. But supposedly the animation still locks up sometimes, forcing your players to run out of bounds and stuff. That was the main reason I didn't want to buy the game. However, they always seem to put out a catchy soundtrack and I can marvel at the graphics.

17. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Being a loyal EA fan, I did the unthinkable and got my brother to download the game off the net (took about 24 hours) and have my copy of FIFA 2005. Yeah yeah, it ain't PES or WE7 but come on... the graphics and gameplay suit me fine although I have WE7 as well. Perhaps I am not as picky as some of you video game aficionados who want every blade of grass drawn into the pitch graphics...but for all intents and purposes the game entertains me and that's the bottom line (plus I got it for FREE!!!).

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nah i'm buying WE8 next spring.

I spend my money on grand theft auto 4 san andreas instead. hehehehe

19. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Man... you know what would be perfect? Winning Eleven game engine and a FIFA everything else.

20. JinJin

JinJin Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hehehhehehehe another import gamer

21. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Can anyone tell me if the pc version is better than the PS2/xbox version?

I'm talking about any soccer game for that matter, fifa 2004, we8, etc.

22. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    You'll need a ridiculously good computer to run it I think.

23. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    In terms of the Konami title, its hard to say.
    PS2 always carried the soccer title but never had online play. I think the PC picked up the title from WE6 and always had online gameplay. The X-box jumped on the bandwagon and started with PES4(WE8) with online gameplay. Graphics, there all the same but I think the PC has the edge, next X-box and then PS2. Load up times, the PC wins but the big thing is the mods in whic the PS2 hands down with the PC coming a close second and dead last is the X-box.

24. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Interesting.

I've got Fifa 2004 for the PS2 and it has some online play option but I've never tried to go online with it. Can you elaborate a little bit more on the mods?

25. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    I never go online for any ps2 games as it costs money to play. I'm not sure about the computer though.

Anyways, the mods for WE8 are awesome. They include the correct faces as come premade for the NT are messed up, new names for the announcers, new shoes (they put in umbro and nike shoes as there is all the adidas shoes in the game already cause the game is sponsored by adidas), correct kits, badges, new stadiums, teams, new intro movie, real chants, banners, billboard sponsors and transfers. Its almost endless and actually amazing that peopl have time to do this.