Fifa Rankings: August- Canada #82

Discussion in 'Canada' started by squadra_azzurri, Aug 16, 2006.

1. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Canada moves down 23 spots.. can i get an explanation?

right when i thought Canadian soccer is improving with all this money and these tournaments and venues.. Fifa crushes it to 82.

Please can i get an explanation..

82 Canada 362 -28 -205

2. Robbencol16

Robbencol16 New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Costa Rica
    Im sorry friend but it´very hard to explain if you national team doesnt play very well maybe it could be the reason ! Canada didnt qualify to World cup
    and has a few friendly matches !:confused: I think Canada should be a great Team because of its money and its leagues can get expensice players but im afraid Canadians dont like Soccer very much !

3. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Southern Ontarioans or whatever love soccer... we are all mixed with various cultures. its the canadian canadians that are bringing us down. but we certainly waaay better than 82

4. Robbencol16

Robbencol16 New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Costa Rica
    Oh yeah im think so but i really dont believe in Fifa Rankings.. never mind
    Rankings only say lies because i think My team is better than 29 :( but they are based on statistics. We cant play with all these teams to know who is better. nobody believe in that .. any team could beat brazil or Argentina or another good team easly not matter whats you world position.

5. RichardFH

RichardFH New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Could it possibly be because others HAVE played games and have earned their way up or down the listings thereby displacing Canada? The longer a country goes without playing meaningful games the lower that country will sink in the rankings, especially if others ARE playing games.

6. WingerII

WingerII New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Burlington, Ontario
    Look at the trend, though: Canada went from 83rd in June (I believe) to 54th in July, supposedly because of a new FIFA ranking system. Now here in August, they shoot back down to 82nd.

I can see only two possible explanations: either the July ranking was a miscalculation, or they've reverted back to the old system. Canada hasn't played any games in the interim, but neither has anyone else.

7. canada striker

canada striker New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Certainly better than 82. Some Asian teams cant handle us.

8. Mido Madrid

Mido Madrid Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Mississauga, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Its just cus Canada didn`t play any games last month while others did,, but were certainly better than tht.

9. Kibby

Kibby Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Ottawa
    its not the fact we haven't played a game.

the new system is a 4 year system, the old one was an 8 year. So theres going to be alot more movement on average now.

Gold Cup 2005 went down in valuation from 100% to 50% for being more then a year ago.

and CONCACAF got devalued