Alert: FIFA Mens U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by ceezmad, Dec 17, 2010.

1. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Too much competitions, too short a time. Plus the U21 Euros is really a U22 Euros and basically the Olympic representation. From the squad that played at the U21 Euros only 3 were eligible for the U20 World Cup: Thiago Alcantara, Iker Munaian and Martin Montoya.

Meanwhile the players that played for Spain at the U20 World Cup earned their place at the cup last year at the U19 Euros and I see no reason, why they should be exchanged by younger players who will have there own chance in the future.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    lame excuse?

sour grapes on the table.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Just curious to find out what people think of Oscar's game winning goal.

Was it a cross or did he mean to shoot on net?

Personally, i think he crossed and it happened to go in the net thus winning brazil the WC title and goal of the tournament.

4. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When i watched the replays, he seemed to do it on purpose. The reason i think that is if you look closely at the replays, as soon as he looks up he's looking at the goal - not in the box. If it was meant to be a cross he would of automatically looked in the box first, but his eyes directly looked at the goal as soon as he looked up, which in my opinion was intentional.

5. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    I can' help it.. i need to intervene...

A few factoids about Colombia for those who obviously have NO CLUE:

1-Sure, Colombia IS are a third world nation, with almost 50% poverty levels.

2-Sure, Colombia, is a dangerous place, even if the FARC have been pushed mostly into the jungle, clueless tourists with no street skills get mugged all the time if they go into the wrong place of town.

3-Despite all this... there is no place like Colombia, even if we are poor and ignorant, we don't care, Colombians are happy and can party like NOBODY in the world.. and why do Colombian's party like the end of the world is coming??? because...

4-We have some of the best looking women in the world, women that will make your little spanish head spin. You can't see women like that in Spain, not even close. Even wonder why Pique drools every day over Shakira?
    Fools like yourself can only dream of having a hot horny Colombian girl with you. All the greatness of Spain ain't gonna make that happen.
    Sorry.

5-Our stories are interesting (maybe because we have hot Colombian actresses?).. this is why boring Spaniards can't get enough of Colombian Telenovelas EVERY F'ING DAY.
    Let's see, who watches Spanish Telenovelas outside Spain?? NOBODY.

6-Our soccer players are good, really F'ING good. This is why Real just paid over 40 MILLION for Falcao. We have great players scattered everywhere.. and we are just getting started.

7-Sure we haven't won any world cups, but is not because of lack of players, but mostly because of our corrupt soccer Federation execs. But that doesn't matter we still play great soccer and have the hottest women LOL.

8-The only reason why Spain is on the economical map is because of the Euro, but i've got news for you buddy.. your time is running out.. once the Euro collapses and Portugal Greece and Spain get kicked out, your country will go back to being what is has always been: A backwards, religious, pseudo-third world European nation.
    Your peseta will be devalued and you will be a tourist destination for nations with bigger brains than you... namely Brits and Germans and to top it off.. your teams won't be able to afford really expensive players, because the peseta will be worthless.

What's your unemployment rate again? 25%.. even Colombia doesn't have it that bad. LOL

6. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude, he's not a Spaniard... you're wasting your time. :cool:

7. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Yes, so?
    it doesn't matter.. all the things i wrote are true.
    Let that be a learning lesson for anyone who wants to learn a thing or two about Colombia.:)

8. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Thanks for teach me something that i know since i was a kid, but i was talking about Brazil second goal against Mexico that some people were complaining too.

9. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Everybody speaks wonders about their country. As they should.

10. Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde Red Card

Aug 22, 2011
    In Marvin's ear.
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Que chingados tiene que ver esto con el fut!!!

Besides this awful post, I am jappy to see Chaton get Balon de Bronce, seems like the intl. community is more enthused with him than some of us, including myself.
    :eek::eek:

11. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea I would watch Mexico and think to myself "wow that Reyes kid is a beast" maybe I got them confused cuss they're tall...:D

12. rigaton

rigaton Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    It is no excuse. Brazilians say that they didnt have Neymar , Ganso, etc, but in the rest of the teams there are also players that didnt go to this tornament, and they could have played it. I think that brazilians deserve this title, but I follow thinking that brazilians win many matches only for wearing brazilian shirt, and this shirt afect too much to their oponents , and the referees.

13. Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde Red Card

Aug 22, 2011
    In Marvin's ear.
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I gotta agree, as little as I could watch from the tourney I really, really liked the Reyes kid, his club aside. Chaton, I saw in the Copa America and was ugh. And he did improve as the tourney went on, destroying games very well, and supporting the backline, just the f-ucker can't connect a pass more than 5 yards long. Hope he improves, but he reminds me of Torrado jr.

Wah, wah wah! SO...it's the magic of the shirt huh? IT'S A MAGICAL SHIRT!

14. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    I agree. I don't even think he's in the top 3 in Mexico. Reyes, Davila were better.

He does lose points because he plays in a very unflattering position. He's not going to get assists or goals. I've loved him since Chivas because he hussles, but that's not going to be enough to make him a premier player.

Have here future stars from Cup. I don't think I agree with a lot of them, and I think again (sorry about my obsession) Musa is not getting nearly the recognition he deserves just because Nigeria was eliminated earlier.

http://deportesus.terra.com/sports/...-Top+Ten+Future+Stars+of+the+U+World+Cup.html

(I do not think Henrique is that good but apparently his club doesn't either: http://deportesus.terra.com/sports/...nner+Henrique+puts+himself+on+the+market.html)

15. Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde Red Card

Aug 22, 2011
    In Marvin's ear.
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't like Davila, maybe with Chivas the guy shows something. I dunno if the NT just didn't have the players to feed our forwards, but our forwards just looked awful. Doesn't help they had a lot to score and just didn't make them, but I didn't see it and the game that showed the clearest opportunities for goal for us was the Brazil game.

The only real star I could see from this team for us was Reyes, the goalie and Araujo, but I mean :eek:

16. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I agree with you. He is only 18 and he is phenomenal. Supposedly Ajax, Tottenham, and several Serie A clubs have expressed their interest in signing him.

He also scored both goals of Venlo 2-2 Ajax this weekend on his return to the Dutch league.

17. Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde Red Card

Aug 22, 2011
    In Marvin's ear.
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who is this Musa kid and why should I be impressed with him?

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    during wC did not have too many mentions!

I only learned about him in this forum, some fan brough his name up

19. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    He was the best player in the tournament up until Nigeria crashed out. Phenomenal speed and dribble plus some nice touches and finishing. Was the the Nigerian league top goalscorer on his debut year (where he managed to break the goalscoring record for the league), than he got bought up by VVV and since October 2010has gone straight to the first team.

Many will claim that he singlehandedly saved VVV Venlo from relegation this summer.

Has been deemed good enough to play for the Nigerian senior squad and Nigeria haven't had such a talented player as this one in ages.

That said I doubt he is 18 years old. More like 20 (probably not any more given his very short footballing career).

Eee... no fan brought him up. And in the 'best player' thread almost everyone mentioned him.

Almost anyone who watched the U20 World Cup brought him up as he was a standout player which his pace, dribbling and passing (finished the tournament with 3 goals and 3 assists).

20. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I must say I'm shocked Ahmed Musa did not even make this list! He was way better than Eric Lamela for instance.

Well... at least he made the FIFA shortlist.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=1495568/index.html

21. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    :eek: You break my heart :( ...:p

I know what you're saying, but according to this source, he had to wait until he turned 18 to be transfered to Europe under FIFA's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players. (Sect. VI Art. 19)

22. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Well... once he cheated on his age he couldn't really back down from it... But well - in my opinion he only cheated a 1-2 years, so it shouldn't really hamper his career (like it did for i.e. Julius Aghahowa).

Truth is almost all the players in Nigeria take away a couple of years from their age. It is almost an epidemic and I believe they are the worst offenders in the world (but I know for a fact that i.e. Brasilians aren't actually peachy clean in this department).

If you look at the Nigerian league you can't help but notice all these 16-17-18 year olds playing first team football for clubs... for several years (so basically playing first team football since they were 12). Just look at Okocha who retired at the age of 33 after a spectacular drop in form, which suggests he was really more like 36-37.

The only player I honestly believe has 18 years of age in the U20 Nigerian squad is Sani Emmanuel due to a very reliable background story.

Ahmed Musa has had a very short club career in Nigeria and played for European managed youth teams in Nigeria, so I doubt he is much older than he states. But I don't believe a 16-year old kid can suddenly storm into the first team of a top Nigerian club...

Another thing is that it seems that the whole talent scouting in Africa is way off, if some very talented individuals like Okocha or Kanu can get away with age cheating despite their obvious world class talent... If it were Europe they would have been discovered way earlier and not been able to take off a few years from their metrics. Look at it another way: Had i.e. Kanu not cheated his age to play in youth competitions he may have never been discovered, never played for Arsenal and so on. Had Okocha not taken off a few years from his age would he have ever made it to Europe as we know clubs prefer players below 20 and not above 20?

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    can not exist in the spectrum of futbol
    specially if he is in a team called vvv venlo?

what is that? pls

pies en la tierra....

24. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is true in some level. That shirt is the scariest one to face.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Funny, I hardly watched any of the U20 WC (only the final), but happened to watch the VVV-Ajax match last weekend. Without having heard of him before that match (so I had no bias entering the game), I left the match realizing he was by far the best player on the pitch for either team.

Just 1 game, but still...