Alert: FIFA Mens U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by ceezmad, Dec 17, 2010.

1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Congrats to Brazil. Great game. Proud of Portugal. No one expected us to do well and we made it the finals.

Oh and screw you Oscar ;) :p

2. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Congrats to Portugal, they fought until end. Great game.

3. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Imagine if Neymar, Ganso, Lucas and Diego Mauricio were there...lucky Portugal!

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yeah i know, it sucks to lose though. Easieir on the heart to lose in 2nd round and get it over with :D

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Neymar and Ganso? If they played as well as in Copa America, it would probably benefit all the teams that played Brazil but who knows, soccer is a funny game.

6. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    i really like Nelson Oliveira and Sana from Portugal, good players.

7. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Congratulations also to Colombia for organizing the best world youth championship ever, which was also the one with the highest total attendance on record (1.3 million total spectators).

8. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Congratulations Brazil

9. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lucky brazil with that offsides goal, it wouldn;t of mattered if they were there.

10. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    but they didnt...soooo?

11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Ganso is over 20 (overaged) and played 2 yeasrs ago, where they got beat by Ghana. And honestly he was so average at that tournament that I don't even remember him playing.

12. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i think Portugal showed that they were Worthy of reaching the final and was unlucky not to come away from the final as winners

Forca Portugal

13. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well done to Brazil! :)

As a biased Portugal fan, I think Brazil had a bit more luck in this game, but that's part of the game and we also had some fair share of luck earlier in this tournament. What goes around, comes around.

But our boys did us proud, left their hearts on the pitch and left with their heads held high.

14. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Spain, Mexico, Portugal and Brazil were the teams I enjoyed watching the most, and had the most attractive football.

Good tournament held by Colombia.

15. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Offside goal? when? against spain? i thought this forum had a more high level, you should learn about offside rule before complain...

16. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Indeed great championship

17. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Im not diminishing Portugal achivements, the team was great, im just saying that Brasil has a good generation for 2014 and especially for 2018.

18. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He is not a real Spaniard, just a USA fan pretending to be Spain so he can brag about being world champion... and obviousl knows nothing about football.

Everyone knows Brazil won the tournament fair and square.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    too bad for all the gimmicks and antics or dives and time consuming stopages, they did for 60 minutes!!!

the 2 oliveiras are mean..... future stars on the making (as well as sana and pele)

20. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Even the brazilians admitted it in their forums, but that is football. Congrats brazil.

21. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Stop crying man, learn about the offside rule first...there is no offside when the ball is ahead of the player that receive the pass. The rule says that.

22. rigaton

rigaton Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Many teams havent gone to Colombia with their best team.For example England has gone with his under20 B or C team. I know better spanish players, and Muniain,Alcantara and Montoya could have played this World Cup, but spanish federation sent them to european under 21 championship, and there are also some players that have played european under 19 championship who could have played many minutes in spanish team.

23. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Uuh, maybe you should learn the offside rule first. The pass/shot came from behind, just because it bounced back from the bar doesn't mean it's a new situation.

24. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Couldn't they have played in both u21 euros and u20 WC? Or both u19 Euros and u20 WC?

25. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    We've gone through this before. Most teams were weakened. However apart from England which really sent a crap team all other teams were relatively fuill strength age group squads. Spain for example missed 4 first team players from last years U19 European Championship and that's mostly because they were promoted to the U23 squad. Meanwhile this year U19 champions from Spain are a different squad and a different age group.

Take i.e. Cameroon (regards to encorelui2): No Edgar Salli, who is an amazing player and is treated in Cameroon as a player of a Neymar-like potential. Also no Cameroonians from Le Masia (like Etock or Dongou).

Basically the best team won and I agree that each team probably could send a stronger representation. But with the players available Brasil is a deserved winner.