FIFA DATE: Ecuador vs. Venezuela- September

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by efernandez9, Aug 24, 2010.

1. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    checa isnt the reason we lost, the reason we lost was Checa, Noboa, Caicedo And Aragon all on one play.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I still don't get why the hell Rueda stood with the same line-up???Pisses me the hell off!!! The whole point of these first couple of friendlies is to try out new players and try different line-uos. It was clear from the game against Mex. that the defense is prone to way too many errors. Checa player bad against Mex. and Caicedo played okay-at best- and like someone mentioned they reversed roles. I find it frustrating that a freaking professional soccer player on defense cannot clear a danm ball with strength!!! I said before the game that I wanted to see Ibarra and Hurtado. I also said that Ayovi is more useful when he plays as a central defender. Quiroz is not the answer as a defensive mid., he is too small and he doesn't win that many balls in the aerial game. He was useful in the Mex. game because Mex. players were not that tall. As for Jaime Ayovi, let me just say that at this point he is no Tin Delgado. He doesn't create the scoring chances that Tin created. He partnered up well with Chucho because Benitez was the one creating havoc on the Mex. defense. Its just a friendly so there is no reason to panic. Lets give Rueda some more time before reaching conclusions. I'll be looking forward to the game against Col ( which I'm going) in Red Bull Arena nd Poland and see how the team plays then. Hopefully Elizaga can be fit (he's still the #1 GK in my mind), also Morante and Campos can recover from their respective inmuries, and Mendez can also regain his fitness-if at 100% he still has a lot too offer.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agree...in the game against Mex. Paredes stood back more so even tho he left his man unmarked at times, he was still in a position to recover and defend-he has the speed for it. I will repeat it again:it is way too early to appoint Paredes as the new RB, we haven't even gotten a look at Ibarra, maybe it was because he was sill recovering from some minor injuries...idk

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People shouldn't be upset that Ecuador lost. That's part of the game.. People should be Extremely upset on how Ecuador played. SIMPLE F@CKING TRIANGLE FOOTBALL!!!. If you have the ball "Have two options to pass the ball succesfully"...Ecuador is depending on a Coach that failed to take his own Country to a World Cup and Qualified Honduras not by his own merit but by a last second goal from the U.S against Costa Rica.. Rueda must be a complete moron or friggin blind. he went into Halftime and and came out with the same shit, It was like an extension of mediocrity like halftime didn't even exist.. I don't care what anyone says but Vizuete's Ecuador never played this bad. AWFUL!!

5. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did you just create a new position? LOL.. that the first I have ever heard of a RB "MAN marrking" Who exactly????

6. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the new running back for the Jets or it could be Right Back the kid Paredes from deportivo chiquito

7. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ecuador player ratings against Venezuela

Banguera 5- didnt have many saves to make during his time on the pitch

Paredes 2.5- extremely bad at marking once again and often lost in takles. luckily his mistakes didn't lead to many goals as they should have

Checa 3.5- another bad performance for the centerback but at least he wasn't the worse player on the pitch this time.

Caicedo 2- showed that he is far from being national team level, his lack of pace was highly noticeble and was one of the reponsible player in Venezuela's goal

Ayovi 4.5- had a lower perfomance than usual, didn'd really do much at all.

Valencia 5.5- quiet first half, finally began putting crosses in the second but it wasn't enough, overall a disapointing performance.

Noboa 5- couldn't maintain the good form he showed in previous games and once again had trouble with the pitch like many other players

Quiroz 6.5- Perhaps one of the best performers, was strong in the midfield and tried his luck from outside the box twice causing many problems to the gk

Arroyo 6- had a better game then the one against mexico, loosened up a little more and often tried going forward however held on to the ball for to long insted of feeding the forwards.

Ayovi 5- Quiet game, had one shot that was off target. He isn't the player to blame since he wasn't really fed good balls.

Montero- 7.5- The most Dangerous man we had, often pulled his markers and turned them inside out playing in a position he rarely plays. showed that he should be the starter on the left flank. was surprinsingly replace by Rueda in the second half.

Nazareno N/A

De Jesus N/A

Aragon 2.5- shared the blam along with the defence for ecuador's horrible performance on the back and was one of the most responsible players in Venezuela's goal.

8. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thank you. Argie....lol no comment

9. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Re: Ecuador player ratings against Venezuela

damn that Banguera :mad:

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I didn't watch the game. I had a bad feeling about it.

I think our guys have a hard time getting motivated to play against Venezuela.

If that's an excuse, so be it, but I've seen enough of these games to notice that we lack concentration and focus when we play friendlies against teams we are stronger than on paper. Not surprised we lost.

11. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    highlights? i only watched the first half but ecuador wasnt doing that bad the defence wasnt to bad but the mid field and fowards did struggle. montero was doing amazing they have to pair both benitez and montero up front i want to see that.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's true remember the game against El Salvador lol I've noticed the same thing you have

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Agree with almost everything.

Banguera 7.0 cause he seems confident and comes out when he has to. Don't think Venezuela scores if he was the keeper.

Valencia 4.5-5.0 Like you said 2nd half he put crosses in but were WAY off target. He kept over shooting his players by a lot so it really didn't give Ecuador a chance to do something.

We need Benitez back.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stronger? Since when? So what the historical count so far? 20 total games in all competitions. 10 victory for ecuador and 9 for Venezuela and 1 tie.. stronger you say? I guess that paper is not that convincing.

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Its funny how when Ecuador didn't qualify for the WC, Benitez was one of the players that people blamed the most. A lot of us wanted him exiled (myself included). Now on one game where he wasn't on the pitch we struggled...The offense certainly played better against Mexico, Benitez wreaks havoc on the opposing defense. Even tho he has trouble finishing, he creates opportunities. Rojas is not the answer upfront, Ayovi is too inexperienced to appoint him the starter, De Jesus is even younger, but prob. has the most potential, Montero I think is better served playing as a winger and other guys like Batioja (Serbian kid), Caseres (River) and Montano (Gent) have not proven themselves yet.

16. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Banguera 5- didnt have many saves to make during his time on the pitch

Paredes 5- Can't do shit because Ecuador is awful at the back with two worthless Central defenders. Ecuador doesn't triangulate in back. Everytime he went north, it was a shitstorm in the back.

Checa 3.5- Worthless. Should have seen red and should have caused two Penalties. 1 against mexico and 1 against Venezuela.

Caicedo 2- Worthless..

Ayovi 4.5- Not his fault. Coach is a moron.

Valencia 5.5- Could not do anything. Everytime he ran forward, he was facing 4 to5 defenders. No one to associate with.

Noboa 5- Was forced to cover all the mistakes from Arroyo. Got a yellow card because of it and should have received a red card. Excellent on the ball..

Quiroz 4- No influence on the game. Venezuela just ran all over him in the midfield..two shots on goal in 90 minutes and people claim he had a great game..

Arroyo 2- no influence beside acouple of corners. I'm sick of his ROBINHO ala Denilson step over the ball crap..Learn a new move CYPRESS HILL!!!

Ayovi 2- I guarantee that MANOLO can play better..

Montero- 7. best player on the pitch but sporatic at best..

Aragon 2.5- You Suck!!!

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    man, if we're struggling to play Venezuela in a friendly, and it's rooted in the fact that we don't show up to play seriously in friendlies, then I just wonder to myself why the hell does the team 1) bother to accept the game, 2) bother to show up. True winners play every game like it's the last...granted, the intensity level goes up and down as the game progresses, but damn, at least show an effort out there...we just looked plain lazy yesterday, and it was pretty disheartening.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Let me repeat then. We are stronger than Venezuela on paper. That does not only include head to head confrontations. Even during the years before 2002 and 2006 World Cups, which we qualified to and Venezuela didn't, we still struggled against them, not only in qualifying matches, but especially in meaningless friendlies. See below - they have beaten us in 4 out of the last 5 friendlies.

Ecuador 0:2 Venezuela 18/05/1999 Portoviejo Friendly
    Venezuela 3:2 Ecuador 15/06/1999 Maracaibo Friendly
    Venezuela 2:0 Ecuador 20/10/2002 Caracas Friendly
    Ecuador 3:1 Venezuela 17/08/2005 Loja Friendly
    Venezuela 1:0 Ecuador 07/09/2010 Barquisimeto Friendly

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On paper? I don't understand that thinking. On paper I think Venezuela has more footballers in Europe than Ecuador. How about posting the last 6 Qualifiers up there to help us with this "on paper issue"

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    creo que muchas selecciones toman a venezuela suavemente por el pasado 'on paper' y se llevan una sorpresa cada reciente partido, por eso las estadisticas han mejorado vs colombia y uruguay de una manera rapida.

20 juegos
    10 w- ecuador
    9 w - venecos
    1 T

motivacion? de los dos lados, acuerdese que venecos venian de perder y no podian dejar echar al DT o no ser convocados otra vez:)

21. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The Machine I have agree with you now all of a sudden Benitez is the answer?
    NO In my opinion he is a small version of el Tanque Hurtado Out of 20 shots he makes one, he is always around the goal but what good is it if he misses almost all his shots. He is a big shot in Mexico b/c that league has some terrible small defenders and if you watch him with his club team every game he makes a goal but misses five other times that's why he did not work out in England and that's why he will not work out on the national team as a starter. Im fine with Benitez of the bench but we have to give Ayovi more time b/c he is Big and strong a la Tin and Carlos Tenorio he just needs Experience.

22. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Venezuela has a lot of players playing in Europe but in second division football teams in Spain..if you call that good on paper, than Jose Valencia should be the greatest Ecuadorian player to ever live for playing in the third diviision German league.

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GK Dani Hernández Real Murcia
    DF Roberto Rosales Twente
    MF Tomás Rincón Hamburg
    FW Nicolás Fedor Getafe
    MF Ronald Vargas Club Brugge
    GK Rafael Romo Udinese
    DF José Manuel Velázquez Villarreal B
    MF Louis Angelo Peña Portimonense
    MF Juan Arango Borussia Mönchengladbach

Plus they have another 9 players in Mexico, USA, Colombia and Argentina..Plus they have that wonder kid Jeffrén Suárez from Barcelona..

On paper Ecuador is nowhere near Venezuela..

Oh I see, So last year when montero was playing Villareal B counted as what?

24. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jeffren doesn't count cuz he doesn't want to play for venezuela. which makes their best player someone who plays for hamburg. Not bad but compare that too someone who plays in manchester united.

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Venzuela is not a pushover anymore, they might have been in the past but anymore. Doesn't mean their an elite team, nowehere near that, but maybe I'm biased but I think Ecuador has a better team, sometimes a team just owns your number.