FIFA DATE: Ecuador vs Mexico -September 4, 2010, Guadalajara

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by efernandez9, Aug 17, 2010.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    nnnnnope

le contesto que si ....."el esta bien' y se fue

lo unico que dijo.......el reportero es el dr Z
    al principio del juego quise ver si se saludaban....pero las camaras de buboVision estaban fijadas en los de blanco:(

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I don't think Mendez will play on the NT as a sub. At 31, he can still contribute a lot. Especially leadership. Plus he seems like a smart dude that will take care of his body.

I believe that Mendez and Quiroz should compete for the spot next to Noboa in midfield. Especially since Quiroz has not yet proven he can do the 90 minutes. We need to aspire to a good performance in Copa America and we need to pick up points in qualifying over the next 2 years, so a 32-33 year old Mendez will still be a huge asset. And hey...if we make the WC and he's still got it at 35 years old, it would still be a great option, and I'm sure at that point he'd be happy to be in the squad even as a sub.

...but that's getting ahead of myself... ;)

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The concern I have is:Is it a good idea to put Mendez and Noboa playing alongside each other. It can prob work...Noboa will have to stay back more and be more of a defensive mid because Mendez strength is offense. Ayovi will move to LB which I dont like...I think we have to groom Nazareno to man that position and like I said before Ayovi played really well with Noboa in the middle At this point there are so many questions. I guess time will only show us how the team will look.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No te molestes con los comentaristas mexicanos. I tuned in fox sports the day before hoping they would discuss tactics but instead wasted my time listening to them overrate that dos Santos kid who hasn't played more than 4 games for Barcelona.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    ??? Why do you call those channels those nicknames?

You do know that that term applies to all dark-skinned Latin Americans who illegally cross the border, right? Many of whom are Equatorians.

6. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yep that's where we watched it or at least most of us. Sorry to say it well not really but those commentators are the worst well not just them univision in general sucks. They can't spell players names right they don't know who is who for the opposing team and they always rooting for the mexican squad. They need to get neutral commentators when they do games like this.:mad:

7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Good game from Ecuador last night.

Could've had a two goal lead by half time (if we count the chances Mexico created/missed which were only two that I can think of) and should've killed the game by the 40th minute.

Not surprised to see Rueda throw the team back after the game winning goal, he has a very cautious approach that could be benificial for you guys in regards to qualifying for Brazil 2014 but it could prove counter productive in a short tournament format.

Either way, Ecuador deserved the win. Good luck to you all.

8. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus... You must be from Texas. Mexican americans are the roughest and most racist people against Illegal Immigrants..If that statement doesn't deserve a warning or a flat out red card. I don't know what does!!

9. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're talking about people having low IQ's, yet you're asking "in wich channel you guys watched the game?".

Edit: I see the guy is a newbie, and he's from Sonora, lol. Sock obviously.

About the game, Ecuador with a well deserved win.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's a n00b, probably a sock...that should get him carded anyway...

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    they're mexican fans commentating, they're not actual commentators. most unprofessional group of idiots.

12. x=rt

x=rt New Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Sonora, Mex.
    Listen I don't want to derail this thread, but '**************' it's widely used in Mexico and nobady makes a big deal.

Sonora lol?

And you guys should have watched the game por Televisa o TV Azteca, they aren't bias. But streams suck I know.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    BTW does this mean that FIFA will adjust that stupid ranking and move us back to around #30-45 where we belong??

14. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ranking is absurd and lacking of logic. It is however a mood booster for the team!!:)

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well, when we're ranked as the worst team in South America, no matter how bad or bogus the ranking system is, it makes you wonder as to why and how we got there....even for the sake of reputation, that's pretty embarassing.

16. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FIFA ranking is dumb and Ecuador was the worst in South america because Ecuador didn't play any friendlies like the other South American nations before and after the World Cup. Even if you lose these friendlies you still get points. You can't crawl under a rock and still be up there.

17. Dynamite23

Dynamite23 New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Good game ( Even though it was only a friendly) so we shouldent think to much of it , dont get me wrong it was nice to get a win over mexico. But the question is can we do this when it matters???

The Game : Almost everyone on the national team went in hard body which shows great heart ... especially noboa played quiet well with ayovi. As for our defense it was a nice experiment , we shouldent start singiling out defenders for thier flaws (As I read some of these comments) , Rueda experimented , its not like I hurtado and G espinosa have been working out perfectly for us. This game made me think twice about choosing elizaga as the number one goaly. Banguera had a great game. Valencia as always knows what to do with the ball. (BTW did you see the secound goal he was in the box with the ball for like 10 sec with three defenders looking at him, they dont dare go after him)

Some side notes
    * I think jairo campos should be on the national team along with Ambbrossi
    *Rate on who of these three goalys should start * Elizaga , Banguera , Dominguez*1 to 3 thanks:)

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Without a doubt Elizaga should still be the #1 GK. Elizaga breeds confidence, to put it another way: El es seguro. Banguera ertainly has physical qualities-hops, athletiscm, tall, but when someone crosses a ball in the box or in a corner he doesn't seem sure. Its as if he is caught in between-should I commit? should I not? With experience hopefully he can correct these flaws, but it will take time.
    Dominguez also has things going for him-tall athletic, but he too is not sure of himself and rebounds kill him.
    The #1 GK should be Daniel Viteri. Jk!!!

19. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Unfortunately that seems to be a problem with all ecua keepers. :(

20. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with you guys. I also noticed that when ever it was a close play with the ball and players near him he seemed to be scared and not want to dive for the ball like a good goalie should be like. He should get that sh!t straightened out be a little bit more brave when it comes to close plays like that.

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought Manga was working with the Goalkeepers in Barcelona? Manga has the most ********ed up fingers I have ever seen! I have a picture of Manga and I from years ago!!!

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Exactly - it's about reputation.

Everybody disputes those rankings, but at the end of the day, for better or worse, they still refer to them when comparing relative strength of nations. For example, I was debating in a thread about whether USA should play Copa America, and some ignoramus was claiming that it wasn't worth it to play 'countries ranked in the 50's like Bolivia and Ecuador'. Understandably, not everyone is very knowledgeable about world football, so with no other base of reference people are forced to use these rankings to make judgments that impact the reputations of players and teams. And these things do matter, because they can impact the performance of teams, and determine how highly players are regarded and valued in the transfer markets.

23. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Those are the times when you are supposed to bet with people. lol I made some money off some white friends who thought argentina was going to beat Ecuador in Quito.:D

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Er..."white" friends??? :confused: Are they ghosts?

25. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was trying to make the point that they don't really know their south american soccer because they are not south american. So they didn't even know about the players Ecuador had or the fact that altitude played a factor against argenitna. So I saw the opportunity and took advantage.