FIFA DATE: Ecuador vs Mexico -September 4, 2010, Guadalajara

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by efernandez9, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    I actually Liked Quiroz, with the help of Noboa they were able to contain their midfield.
    Banguera was great also, looks like he could replace Elizaga.
    The only ones I wasn't conviced about were Arroyo and Checa.
    La Cuchara I think did better than Checa but still no good enough to be a starter.

Anyone know when is the next game against venezuela?

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he never played right back in Cuenca he played the same position as he does in D.Quito which is right wing. John Narvaez has played as starting RB in Cuenca for 2 season straight now, and i know this for a fact b/c he's been Cuenca's main juvenile starter for a while.

the whole first few months of the year i asked myself why Insua benched Paredes for so long. Theres just some coaches that can't spot talent. Theres a lot more from where that came from.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he's not until he "gets an offer from a big club team" as he says. He's happy in Rubin, I doubt he'll move anytime soon. And trust me, Rubin isn't letting him go for cheap.

4. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He is the captain after all.

Also, guys are too critical of our defence. Whenever the balls came in, Checa and Caicedo rose above all and made strong headers. They are def. and upgrade of Hurtado and Espinosa but I think we should start Campos and Guagua. But good to know we have some solid defenders. I wouldnt pair these guys again since they are too similar (big strong and athletic) but little brains lol.

Valencia was great. Its a friendly so he has to be smart and not get hurt as he is needed in Utd.

Noboa... what can I say. This guy is a warrior. IMO, he or Valencia should be our captain. This guy does all the dirty work in the middle so everyone up front can shine but he is so tidy and neat.

Paredes did good, but what about Ibarra? He is a real defender and it would make a difference against top teams. He is not bad going foward either.

Rueda's experiment with the full backs didn't back fire, but I think against top teams, we need real defenders there (Nazareno and Ibarra).

And just curious what happened with Montero?

Also, our fowartds scored which is promising. Jaime Ayovi looked good and will get more chances. Benitez was like a knife carving the defence and this is the Chucho we need to see more of.

Quiroz kind of disappeared but he did more than Castillo does and he gets the nod for me any day. He works like a dog and is much more accurate at passing the ball. And he doesnt waste our chances with audacious and wild shots. thats when Castillo is most frustrating.

And Banguera is our GK. This guy doesnt flap at in coming crosses and is quick and assured at the back. hate to say this, but Dominguez is not this good.

All in all, a good performance and I hope we can do the same to a weaker Venezuelan team.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    As for the captaincy I don't think we should give it to Noboa...at least not yet...he haasn't had that many caps with the NT so he still needs more experience. The captaincy should prob go to Mendez or stay with Ayovi...Valencia could claim it easy if he starts being more vocal. As for the game against Venezuela...I want to see some new faces...Hurtado, Montero, Nazareno should start, and I want to see more of Paredes at RB, too soon to appoint him the starter just because of one good game, he showed promise tho. Arroyo was okay. He was pretty good in the 1st half, but kind of dissapeared in the 2nd. But most of all he didnt play selfish, he was looking to cross the ball insyead of taking everyone on his own. Different guys should get chances so we can see what they can do...competition isn't bad, I would rather have 2-3 guys fighting for one spot than appointing someone as an undisputed starter...guys can get complacent that way...you sure as hell are gonna play harder if there someone breathing down your neck

6. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    With our current midfield, I just don't see a spot for Mendez as a starter.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mendez can go anywhere in the midfield...he def still deserves a spot. He's aging, but he still proves his worth.

8. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can anyone please add to the list of mid fielders that should be on the national team cause to me we seem to have alot of talent at this position Mendez, Castillo, Valencia, W.Ayovi, Montero, Naboa, Quiroz, M.Aroyo then other guys that are on a second tier like Guerron, C. Bolaneos, the capatain of Barcelona forgot his name, C.Lara, P. Urrutia

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    other guys are: Pedro Quinonez from Emelec, Michael Jackson Quinonez from El Nacional, Fernando Guerrero from Independiente, Fernando Hidalgo from Barcelona (I think he's the cap), Miller Bolanos from Liga (he hasn't really done anything really special to deserve a call up but he's still young so...)

10. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Good to see Rueda get off to a good start.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see I am really going to have to reacquaint myself with this team. It didn't help that the Mexican announcers didn't know anyone's either...

12. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Where will he play? Noboa and Valencia are starters, on the left it will either be Arroyo or Montero.
    And the one playing next to noboa will most likely be someone with more defensive skills, which would be Castillo once he returns to form.
    Mendez will be a Sub at best.

13. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thanks I forgot the kid from river plate of Argentina and Matamores from Cuenca also Bone but I'm not sure if he is a foward not a mid fielder

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My point isn't that he WILL start, but my intent was to note that Mendez can contribute almost anywhere in the midfield. In his case, age doesn't matter as much because he still plays at a high level and provides a dynamic to the game that others simply can't. Age can't always be an automatic denial to the NT

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How old is he?

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    31 if I am not mistaken

17. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    I never said he couldn't contribute, he just doesn't have a spot as a starter anymore, so it would be difficult for a bench player to be captain.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, that's not to bad of an age. How old was Aguinaga when he retired from the NT???

19. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I comepletely agree...just because someone is 31 or 32 doesn't mean he cant contribute. Mendez didn't get called-up-and with good reason-becuase he was not in top form and he was nursing an injury. As for Montero, he still has a lot to prove...he has the most potential but he is also raw and still needs to mature. If Mendez can perform at a high level he could start on the left wing, he can spell Noboa if need be, or be a sub...he can change the game and he can also provide leadership, which is what we will need...the team is going to be young and we need guys who can guide the kids.

20. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think mendez would like to be benched. He would be a good leader but with his attitude I don't think he will like the role of coming off the bench. I think it would be better to avoid a problem and just move on. I def see him as a future coach though cuz he doesn't take shit from anyone.

21. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey Mendez played in CM for PSV I am sure he can play there with Noboa.

22. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yesterdays game impressed me alot, I saw a different Tricolor than the one under guidance of Vizuete. The defence could have been a bit better at times, but it was better than when Ivan Hurtado and Espinoza were paired up and causing chaos to the backline and letting in last minute goals. Luis Checa scored the own goal but he also did a lot of good defending that prevented the Mexicans from scoring, also Cuchara Caicedo. Banguera was unstoppable I liekd him alot, more than Dominguez who rebounds the ball too much. Ecuador played great yesterday but the score could have been at least 4-1.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I share the same thoughts. Paredes should be put to the test again against Poland. Ibarra should start against Venezuela (although I will warn everyone that he's not in the great form he was back in May since he got injured, but we'll see what happens).

Since Rueda is experimenting bringing Paredes to the RB position as well as considering we have an over populated midfield, we might as well try out Segundo Castillo in one of the center back positions. He has experience playing that position in El Nacional from years back. I'm not saying it's going to work, but since the defense seems to be our main problem and our midfield is over populated, we might as well do this instead of throwing Castillo to the side...b/c trust me, no one has their spot guaranteed unless your name is Valencia or Noboa.

I think at this point, it's way to early to say Mendez is not going to be part of the team or that his contribution won't be important to us. He's a leader, he has experience, and besides Valencia hes the best we have in the midfield as far as contribution to the team. Saying Arroyo, Quiroz, or Paredes will be here with us next year isn't guaranteed. Like I said, theres many more midfielders who may have not been called up this time, but have a really high probability of being called up by Rueda....His hardest task is going to come when it's time to call up the right players seeing as how theres more than enough. In the ecua league alone, we have left out names like Fernando Guerrero, Holger Matamoros, Marcos Caicedo, Pedro Quinonez, MJ Quinonez, Miller Bolanos...plus many more juvenile players who I predict will be called up at some time soon. Then you can also add names like Jairo Campos, Edison Mendez, Batioja (Serbian kid), and Juan Casares.

Point is, We're not even close to having an idea of what players should be part of the NT and which ones should be excluded.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I miss that exit of the pitch......good game

what is record vs mexico now?

25. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Did anybody notice after the game, the Mexivision reporter got an interview with Valencia...he asked him one real question and then his 2nd question was "so have you spoken with Chicharito?". Valencia politely said "no" and then walked away!

He should have said "who the ******** is Chicharito?! I'm the guy who's actually proven myself in England...!"