Fifa 2004

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Greddy, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured i'd post this in case anyone was interested. I just got the player ratings for the Chicago Fire in the soon to be released FIFA 2004. They are as follows.

Chicago Fire
    Starting Line-up

Thornton - 61
    Curtin - 66
    Brown - 62
    Bocanegra - 60
    Armas - 62
    Mapp - 51
    Williams - 66
    Whitfield - 59
    Beasley - 70
    Ralph - 81
    Rasov - 75
    Subs
    Gray
    Ring
    Marsch
    Futagaki
    Perez
    Reserves
    Melton
    Capano
    Jaqua
    Walls
    Pause
    Selolwane

All point ratings are out of 100. Sure, they're not that accurate(Bocanegra is the third worst player on our team, and worst defender?) but they are much better than last years version. And the roster seems to be pretty accurate.

2. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There'll be an editing program out soon that will allow you to change the ratings. (Thank god)

3. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, there is no player or team editor in the console versions of the game. So us Playstation and XBox owners are out of luck.

4. I haven't messed with player ratings since FIFA 2002, but I edited MLS players up to what I thought they deserved. Some of those ratings are pure BS. It was news to me that Figo has world class speed.

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I located some picks from the game.

Here's Da Beas
    [​IMG]

And Razov
    [​IMG]

6. IamtheShark

IamtheShark New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Springfield, IL
    Beasley gets a whole 70--what a joke. The MLS and US rating always blow. Last time Cherundolo was a default striker and DaMarcus was right-footed. At least the uni's look good.

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just glad they improved. What was he last year? It was about 45 if I remember correctly. And he was only a reserve on the national team. He was horribly slow and had no stamina.

8. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    As long as Thorton is higher than Henry Ring....

I've heard both good and bad about this game...but ill still probably buy it.

9. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    sorry, I know this isn't really Fire related - but goes to the point of underrating the US players - anybody know what Tim Howard's rating is now? What it was last year? I bet his rating has substantially improved.

10. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa sucks anyways. I'm a fan of Winning Eleven. Check it out!

11. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i heard third division England is higher than MLS. a buddy of mine who lives in england said he was playing it with York City and was beating the Galaxy 7-1 by halftime

12. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound

It is far superior to FIFA.

13. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Howard's rating is 81. 31 points higher than last year.

And until Winning 11 comes out on the Box, I'll be a FIFA man.

14. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    The first thing I do when I install FIFA on my pc is to edit player attributes. Every American player is unbelievably underrated, insanely unconscionably criminally underrated. In FIFA 2001 DMB and Boca were both very accurately rated. Ever since then it has been horrible. This makes me think that in January 2001 the one person at EA who understood soccer quit or moved to work on another game and hasn't been back since. If EA was an English company instead of American I think the player ratings would be much better because they have way more people that understand soccer. The day I meet someone involved in the making of a FIFA game with bad player ratings will be the first day I get arrested. I may be taking it too personally but for me FIFA is where I have to get most of my soccer.

p.s. Greddy where did you find the ratings I've been looking for them for a week. Could you post more MLS ratings and the national team.

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was released in england almost a week ago. Someone who lives there and bought the game was kind enough to write them down and send them to me. I only asked him for the FIRE though. He mentioned Howard's rating because he figured i'd be interested. Also, about that, I made a mistake. Howard's rating is 80.

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's possible. In 2003 I beat Real Madrid in a similar fashion, but with the FIRE. That doesn't really mean the FIRE where better than Real. From what i've seen, MLS player ratings are just slightly lower than or on par with the portuguese super league ratings

17. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How come when I make a FIFA 2004 thread nobody responds :(

18. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put Chicago Fire before AC Milan under your teams. Then all the cool people will want to talk to you:)

19. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    1. ac milan
    2. canadian

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    If Dipsy isn't rated at least a 90 I'll be highly upset.

21. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    I have both WE6 and FIFA 2003 and WE6 plays more like real footie. But I did get to play the FIFA 2004 demo and it is 10 times better than 2003. The pacing is more on par with a real game (not the fast forward 2003 version), controls more responsive, AI imporved, deadball situations are excellent with the off the ball controls, and the goals I hear have more variety in them (you hardly see the same goals scored after plenty of games). Also, the players actually jostle for position during throw ins and corner kicks. FIFA is finally headed more towards sim. I heard from the overseas ppl that PES3 (WE7) is more arcady this time compared to WE6. Well, I'm just waiting to get my hands on the Cube version of FIFA. Just disappointed with the Fire's ratings though. At least they got Ralph right.

22. Does winning eleven include MLS in its leagues?

23. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    No. It basically has select European Clubs along with Boca Juniors and River Plate, and National squads. Also, the teams do not have their actual names due to licencing issues, but you can edit these along with the kits. Not sure about the new game though. I know that there's sites out there that create new leagues and teams for download.

24. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    No, it doesn't which is kind of a bummer. The gameplay more than makes up for it though.

25. IamtheShark

IamtheShark New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Springfield, IL
    Hopefully someone will do a consistent, concerted MLS/USA all-inclusive patch soon after the release. Maybe the guys at fifaconcacaf.com, though they seem more concerned with Canada and El Salvador. We need a true U.S. Soccer computer nerd to step to the fore and go nuts with the details like some of those euros do redesigning Beckham's codpiece and DelPiero's nosehairs. Anyone gets the head's up on such a candidate, be sure to post here or on the games forum.