Fifa 2003 info and movie.

Discussion in 'Games' started by PassionOfTheFoot, Aug 29, 2002.

1. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There, I fell better...But...

You didn't name any Bundesliga players!! There are other pro leagues besides English, Italian, and Spanish!! And why all the Aussie players??!! Theyd didn't even make the World Cup!! :)

2. ball handler

ball handler New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    Kansas
    chilavert, come on now

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually, Elber and Ze Roberto are Bundesliga players. I included the Aussies because they, lke the others I mentioned, are part of the growing number of players from outside Europe that are responsible for any margin of superiority UEFA clubs may have.

I was posting in response to Ictar, who lamented that the USA wasn't getting enough respect when game developers assign attribute points to national team players. When this question has been posed in the past, there are about seven trolls who come here and suggest that they don't deserve any more than they get, despite the fact that they advanced just as far as Europe's traditionally popular teams. Of all the popular (Germany, Italy, France, England, Holland, Spain, Portugal) UEFA teams, only Germany can claim at this point to be superior to the USA where it counts- on the pitch. Everyting else is speculation. The facts and stats speak for themselves- MLS and South American teams don't play against European teams, and their respective nations don't play against each other anywhere but the World Cup- and we know where everyone ended up there. Yet the trolls continue to ignore the numbers and bash the US Nats and South American leagues, citing everything from "tradition" to TV popularity as reason for their venom.

I suggested a club world championship because I think the teams that would do the best would be teams with a number of South American players and at least one South American superstar. My point is that if UEFA clubs are better, they are better because of the talent they buy rather than because of the talent they develop, and that the national teams in games should be assigned a combination of team points (for their showing in the World Cup- Portugal/France/Argentina's so-called superstars didn't make much of a team, for example)and individual points, rather than averaging individual points alone. Hope this helps.

4. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    well they did have a world club cup and Vasco beatr Manchester United. They were going to have another one but it was cancelled and the LA Galaxy and Olimpia CD were going to be in it.

This World Club Cup, as you know, was featured in the game World Tour Soccer.

5. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't catch that the players you listed were all non-Euros, well done...Oops on the BL thing. Anyway, I was just giving you a hard time out of boredom anyway... :)