FIFA 08 Suggestions

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Georgia Empire, Sep 26, 2006.

1. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    2. Manager mode international and the chance to send emails to players and staff.

8. Players can get drunk and get fined by the cops for stuff.

14. have our own website where we can see how we are going and fan polls. say if the fans wanted Harry Kewell to be on the field more and on the centre midfield in a poll... then change him to that position so i get more fans happy.

18. Chat to news crew and fans and actually fire players if they have been bad and staff instead of waiting till the end of their contract

20. Players morale needs to be a major issue. They need to be sad if their father died or happy if they got married.

i just don't see how any of those would make the game better, players getting drunk, own website, chat, life ending injuries, dead family members? that sounds like part of Blitz the league more than a soccer game. Not the best of ideas.

now this ones are good i think.

1. New leagues

4. The chance to organise friendly matches with other teams.

6. We need to be able to create our own formations and need more of them.

16. Unlock more players and prizes.

19. Personal practise where you can build on players attributes.

2. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham
    They will make the game more life like. trust me mate,

3. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    sorry but i dont think my players getting drunk and have them being stopped by cops would do anything to make the game more life like...i want something that makes a difference on the pitch not on their personal life

4. henryhill

henryhill New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Career- Manager

• Main page should be set up like a website homepage
    • Team news page. (View news headlines from around the league or news for your club
    • Include Marketing or Promotions under Office section
    • Receive revenue for jerseys and merchandise sales
    • Revenue determined on level of marketing
    • Have staff upgrades for a marketing manager
    • Choose team sponsor from official in game sponsors
    • Sponsor to appear on the teams jersey
    • Choose make of jersey (Nike, Adidas, Umbro, etc.) and choose style
    • Adidas will have different styles than Nike or Umbro
    • Jersey manufacturer to appear on jersey
    • Lower clubs negotiate with lesser sponsors and so on
    • When promoted from lower division to Premier League for example, the arm patch changes. Same for European matches
    • The ability to edit and view jerseys every season. A team won’t use the same jersey for 15 years.
    • Customize game kits. Ex: Red Jersey, White Shorts, Black Socks or Red Jersey, Black Shorts, Black Socks or White Jersey, White Shorts, Black Socks. So many possibilities
    • Stadium Editor- Ability to change name of stadium. Instead of UK division 3 style, name it “Superdome Stadium” or something
    • Instead of buying new stadiums, you add additions to your existing one to create more capacity. Add blocks of seats, luxury boxes, offices and levels. In turn you will increase your match revenue
    • Ability to select type of pitch and pay for pitch changes when needed
    • Ability to view the stadium: sort of a stadium fly around
    • Add sponsors to the sideline boards. Ex: team sponsors, other sponsors, promotions (custom created ads)
    • static boards for smaller stadiums and choice of static or scrolling for larger stadiums
    • Set ticket prices. Not just high and low, but determine how many pounds per seat and determine the prices for each section
    • Ability to see what is happening in other leagues- For example, have a link called FIFA.com and from there the user can view all the leagues to see how each team is doing
    • Be able to see league leaders from other leagues
    • Player of the Month and Year Awards
    • Manager of the Month and Year Awards
    • Footballer of the Year Award
    • Determine length of a loan spell
    • Swap deals for players and cash
    • UEFA Licscensing. Probably not going to happen when the arrival of the new Champions League Game
    • Champions League and UEFA Cup finals to be played in random stadiums throughout Europe every year. Ability to customize the list of stadiums.
    • League theme music for Premiership and other leagues. I know the Premier League one used to be there.
    • Champions League and UEFA Cup music as well
    • At the beginning of the season, select your favourite international team.
    • You don’t just manage your club team, you also play as the International team
    • Play their friendlies and qualification games
    • Complete control over all off season duties, play a complete off season
    • Play in World Cups and Continental Cups every year they are available (even if they aren't the official names, but official would be better)
    • Start a training camp for all players (Senior, Reserves, Youth)
    • Pick your team
    • Send rest to Reserves and Youth
    • Youths and Reserves can get injured during their games and the senior team is notified
    • Call up as needed
    • Have staff upgrades for youth system coach
    • Have the option of a pre season tournament or tour. Choose a tournament format, number of teams, continent or country and name the cup or play a pre set tournament. You could also take a country tour and play teams from that country. Ex; take Manchester United on a North American tour and select your opposition and number of games
    • Club World Cup Tournament for Champions League winners and equivalents
    • Fixture editor- Create your own fixtures list. Move games around etc. This would allow a user to copy their team’s real life fixtures or simply move fixtures around so you don’t end up with a cup game and season game on the same day or same weekend
    • Trophy Room. View all your awards in one giant (or small) room. Kind of like a tour
    • Milestones- keep track of manager’s tournament records and not just their season records. I want to know how many games in total I played in a season and over my career. Special bonuses for things like 100th, 500th, 1000th game in charge.
    • Reward Ideas- The store is a great place to get rewards, but some just aren’t worth playing for. Here are some things I would like to play for. New boots, new leagues, new tournaments, new teams, new cups, new game modes, club specific footballs, new sponsors, new players (classic players), any thing that creates incentive to keep playing
    • Longer and more elaborate celebrations when you win a cup. Different ones as well. A 1 min celebration is never enough. I want to feel that I really accomplished something special
    • Scouting reports for teams in your league. See who’s hot who’s not and who’s injured
    • Player watch list- Send out a scout to look for new talent. Keep an eye on them and watch their development over the years
    • Real player pictures for in game menus
    In Game

• Score in top corner to reflect the league you are playing in. Ex: Premiership, Bundisliga, French Ligue 1, Champions League, FA Cup, etc.
    • More of a TV style opening presentation and to be league specific to create that certain atmosphere. Atmosphere is the hardest thing to recreate. It’s all in the little details.
    • Updated commentary
    • Hostility Meter- Raises with bad calls, viscous tackles, cards, etc. Starts higher for rivalries. Ex: Man United vs. Arsenal would start with a high intensity as opposed to Liverpool vs. Tottenham. That’s not to say the rivalries can’t be created. If a game starts tame and then gets very physical and ends on a high note, the next game between the two clubs would start on a higher level of hostility whether it is a cup game or a league fixture. Once the level gets to about 90%, things will start flying onto the pitch. You want to avoid getting to 100% though because the clubs may be fined for their part. It’s not to say that both clubs would be fined. If one team is out of control and the other is playing responsible football, only one team may be charged. If this happens too many times during the course of a season, a team could see a deduction in points next term, relegation or even a ban from European Play for a season. The object then becomes to play a fair responsible game of football, but that doesn’t always happen.
    • In Game ticker- gives updates on games happening at the same time you are playing as well as games that have already been completed that day. If you need 3 points to overtake Arsenal for the league lead and a ticker pops up saying they are losing to Chelsea, you know you best win the game to take top spot.
    • More injuries- Injuries don’t only happen during a tackle, they happen when players jump for the ball and clash heads or come down on their ankle wrong. They happen when players block shots. Goalies get injured when they charge for the ball and a player doesn’t stop or when they dive for it and come down on their shoulder. There are so many more possibilities. I don’t like to see injuries, but they are a big part of the game and they give your reserves and youths a better shot at the senior team.
    • Players on pitch to be speaking and shouting in the language of their country
    • A pop up during the game should show how many people attended the match
    • Villain rating- If an away player makes a crunching tackle on a home player, every time he touches the ball, he should get jeered. Some players may play better when getting jeered and some might just want to leave the pitch.

5. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham
    You know your sh*t mate, well done. they should put all of them in the next game.

6. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there should be a "Play Reserves" thing on the pregame menu. I get tired of manually subbing out all of my good players when I'm playing a League Cup game vs. Shrewsbury.

7. henryhill

henryhill New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    • Ability to name your staff members and select their look just like selecting the manager. Ex: Lead Financer, Lead Scout, Lead Caretaker, etc.
    • When you get a staff upgrade, you don't get a whole new person, the upgrade goes towards the staff members stats.
    • The ability to set up Charity or Testimonial Matches throughout the season and choose the squads. Ex: Manchester United vs. European XI or Manchester United vs. Celtic
    • The ability to name the matches. Ex: Roy Keane Testimonial
    • More elaborate Manager History- Keeps track of which teams you have played and beaten. Who your rival teams are. Total matches in charge.
    • The ability to make substitutions on the fly. It is a pain to have to stop the game, go to the menu, select your players, swap them, go back to the menu and then restart the game. It would be nice if you could press the select button or something and have a little window pop up with a list of names you could scroll through. You could do it anytime during the game or a cut scene.

8. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i like the on the fly subs. it would be nice to be able to pause the game, sub a player, and have him come on when I paused it (during a stoppage in play) and not during the next one.

9. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham
    *FIFA 08/09 SUGGESTIONS*

1. New leagues

2. Manager mode international and the chance to send emails to players and staff.

3. Easier searching for new players.

4. The chance to organise friendly matches with other teams.

5. Have a friends list where you can make good friends (managers) which can increase the chance of trades with thier clubs and decrease with the guys you hate.

6. We need to be able to create our own formations and need more of them.

7. Show your fan support every week.

8. Players can get fined by the club for late nights and it effects theyre play.

9. In Manager Mode, we could like make stadiums, change our name, uniform and choose a player from another club to be watched and keeped track of.

10. Better injuries - need stretchers and life-ending injuries.

11. Realistic celebrations like speeches and confetti.

12. Start of as your own player and then retire and coach or manage your club.

13. More commentators.

14. have our own website where we can see how we are going and fan pollsinstead of that boring old menu. say if the fans wanted Harry Kewell to be on the field more and on the centre midfield in a poll... then change him to that position so i get more fans happy.

15. Local charity events and better sponsers. also we need more sponsers like adidas and nike, i hate having like ... stimorol which i have never heard of.

16. Unlock more players and prizes.

17. Injury percentage is a major issue and we need to know that.

18. Chat to news crew and fans and actually fire players if they have been bad and staff instead of waiting till the end of their contract

19. Personal practise where you can build on players attributes.

20. Players morale needs to be a major issue. They need to be sad if say a relative dies or happy if they get married.

please comment on and reply. go AUSTRALIA

10. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um. Just go buy football manager if you want all that.

11. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    how bout they fix everything on the field before they start working outside the field?

12. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's wrong with the game?

You know why everyone likes Pro Evo. Because you can dribble past all eleven players on your way toward the goal even on the hardest setting.
    FIFA is more about passing, crossing, and more tactical stuff.

13. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just...

1) Fix the commentary.
    2) Fix player animations
    3) FIX
    4) THE
    5) KEEPERS

That is all.

14. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    hmmmm...no...

you know why everyone hates fifa 07? because you can't run into another player without both bouncing off each other like they're made of rubber...the whole midfield becomes a bumping cars park...that's why you have to be passing all the time, you can't try to dribble when your players can't fight for possession of the ball...not like there's any actual dribbling moves either..

fifa is nothing tactical, on counter attacks your attackers don't follow you, the defense gets in place quickly while your attacking partners either stay way back or just stand still when the approach the box...they're too static

then there's the finesse shot, all you gotta do it's use it when shooting outside the box and the ball will go in...the easiest and cheapest way to score...i dont think EA paid any attention to that before releasing the game..

and i am not even gonna get started on the goalies, everyone knows how bad and slow they have been for the last what? 3 years?

15. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham
    noway, fifa is better

16. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I play Pro Evo with my friends all they ever want to do is be Brazil and dribble past my team. It's not realistic. In real life you don't see Lampard or Gerrard dribble through the midfield, they pass the ball.

Real football is a passing game.

Who are you playing? Accrington Stanley or Torquay? This never happens to me and my friends and we play on the highest level (not that one you have to unlock). You must be playing in MLS where the goalies on that game are complete cack.

17. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo. Its funny when I play a friend of mine who doesn't have the new FIFA its just a cake walk for me cause he just keeps running in to a bunch of my guys. Didn't use his outlets, look for space, or take his time. Just ran right at me expecting to get lucky.

As for my suggestion for 08 (360):
    More leagues. 6 just isn't enough.
    I'd even be willing to pay for downloads of certain leagues for a modest price.

18. henryhill

henryhill New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Jersey Closet- Every time you beat an opponent, their jersey goes into your jersey closet. I guess its equivalent to swapping jerseys at the end of the game. For Example: If you were to beat Manchester away, their red jersey would go in your closet and if you were to beat them at home, their white jersey would go in your closet. Since you can choose which jerseys they wear at the beginning of the game, you can determine which jersey you get if you win. There could be rewards for collecting jerseys. Collect a jersey from every premiership team and you get some sort of bonus. You can also view your closet at anytime to see which jerseys you have collected and figure out which ones you need. Some of the bonuses could be retro jerseys or something.

19. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't remember if I mentioned this but I can't stress it enough.

I think you should be able to recall a loan at the January transfer window.

I'm Aston Villa and I bought some young players for a low price and loaned them out. I loaned out Luke Moore, Theo Walcott, and Bradley Wright-Phillips and let them get some quality playing time with another club, but then Agbonlahor and Baros got injured, leaving me with Darren Bent as my only striker. This was in November and the two of them won't be set to return until mid-March.

Now I'll have to buy cover. I'm thinking about making a bid for Nathan Ellington or Shola Ameobi.

20. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need to make the computer harder to beat. I've unlocked legendary mode but I am still routinely winning by multiple goals.

They should update players' hairstyles with roster updates as well.

21. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    What does picking Brazil have to do with Lampard and Gerard? every football game i have played all i see it's people picking Brazil or the strongest club that year(flavor of the month you may say) it's the same on every game not just Pro Evo. Now if someone can just dribble your whole team with one player, then don't blame the game, blame your skills.

now football players don't know how to dribble? that's a bad excuse, but i wonder why you don't even mention if you agree or disagree with the rubber players in fifa 07?

Gerrard can't dribble? someone needs to watch a few games every now and then, i'll help you with this one minute clip...i wonder, is that dribbling from the guy who never dribbles? you decide

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsFWd8Km9I

real football it's about creativity and agile players making a difference and being able to take on one or two guys when the defense it's all on their own field. If football was like you say, we wouldn't see the great individual plays from Ronaldinho and Messi.

hahaha mls? the mls doesn't even come in the 360 version...i usually play with AS Roma, Real Madrid or Italy. Not doubting your abilities but if you can't score easily with the finesse shot after a few days then i don't know what to tell you.

i don't know why it comes as a surprise to you or trying to act like it's being made up, when FIFA is known for being full of bugs in the last few years. Remember the corner kick turned goal from 06?

22. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    :confused: you mean Sean Wright Phillips?

23. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    nope, Bradley is Shaun's bro, plays for Citeh in real life still (i think).

24. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    how about GK shirts that are different colors then the shirts of the teams that are playing

25. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham
    can we talk about fifa 08 suggestions now