FIFA 08 Suggestions

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Georgia Empire, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Georgia Empire

Apr 27, 2006
    *I tried sending this to the EA forum, but the page craps out on me every time. If one of you don't mind sending this for me, i would appreciate it very much. thanks.

1) Improve the player stats. Not just goals and shut outs. (i.e. assists, saves)

2) Have it where you can follow the other leagues (not just the league you're in) during your manager campaign.

3) Improve the international part of the game. Add the World Cup, other international tournaments, and international friendly dates.

4) Also, have it where international soccer is going on at the same time as your manager campaign. This way you'll have to deal with releasing players to allow them to play for the national team, but they could also come back with more experience and confidence.

5) Have an national team coach option as a "bonus" where after you obtain a certain amount of points you can choose to coach the national team. Here should be able to select a player pool of players you want to follow or simply just an international selection where you can keep up to date with their progress. That way you can see if they are worthy of making the team.

6) Add a workrate, leadership, and versatility skill to the game.

The workrate being for how hard your player is willing to work to improve their skills. Morale and workrate are different in the fact that if a player has a low morale and a high workrate they are more willing to do something about their current status, but if they have both a low morale and low workrate than they are more likely to regress.

The leadership idea i stole from Ghost Recon where you try to improve your guy's leadership attributes because it will improve your whole entire team's attributes. This will be good for selecting a captain.

Versatility is a big thing also. I want to know if a player will excel if I play him in a position he's not too familiar with. There should be positions that shouldn't be hard to switch such as left wing back to left wing, but switching from left wing back to forward will require a great amount of versatility.

7) Add a level of training for the season. some weeks you might want to increase the level of traininig and some weeks you might want to slack off to rest some of your players.

8) Come up with new names for "fake" players. Oguchi Donovan/Landon Onyewu or using the same name over and over and over again (Faria Pimenta) gets redundant. New names for players will sound more authentic.

9) Have an "injury percentage" (or something to that sort) where as you know in soccer where if a player gets injured, he is more likely to get reinjured. Allowing the player time to rest will allow his injury bar to increase even if he's been declared fit to play. Also, you could improve the form percentage.

10) Come up with a reserve team (and league if you really want to do it right) that way you can get some of your benchwarmers some playing time. With this, there should be a way that you can "rest" your starters that you don't want playing on the reserves.

11) Add the USL first division. It might not be the best league, but for the guys like me who don't support any MLS team (because there isn't a team nearby) it would be good. There are loyal supporters of the USL and would also help bring attention to that league.

12) Advance the different choices the manager gets to make. such as when you say that a player misbehaves than you know the player's name and then you can make the choice of fining him, benching him, or whatever you want to do.

13) Show your attendance numbers. I would like to know if my games are selling out or not in order to properly judge what to charge for admissions. With this games should be more apt to sell out for important, weekend games than regular, non important games. With this it would be important to establish rivalries in the game. for example, the Arsenal vs. Tottenham game will be more likely to sell out than Arsenal vs. Middlesborough game.

14) Add a merchandising staff. This way you get a little more extra income.

15) Have a friendly schedule option in the manager mode. at least during the pre-season. The MLS friendlies against the European teams brought in larger crowds because fans wanted to see a more prestigious match.

16) Improve the "player experience". What i would suggest, is offer different points for the different league, playing time, and importance of match.

for example, John Doe for Manchester United is a regular sub. Just for making the bench he would gain an automatic 5 points for making Man United's bench. If he were to start he would gain an automatic 10 points for starting for Man United. If he doesn't even make the line-up he gains a half a point for the training. However, if he were playing for Hartlepool the points would be less because he would obviously gain more experience playing for Man Utd than Hartlepool.

For the different league he plays in you can say all players playing in the EPL gain an automatic 5 points each game, all players playing in the Eredivise gain an automatic 3 points each game, and so on and so forth.

Obviously, playing in a final would allow a player to gain more experience than playing in a friendly. For example, playing in the Champions League final would be an automatic 25 points while you may play the same teams but in a friendly the game would only be worth 1 point.

17) In addition, to already having the birthdate, position, and country. Add how many caps/goals they have already earned. In other words, a player record. With this player record should also be a positions played. for instance, if John Doe played 120 games at right mid and 52 games played at right back i would want to know.

18) Add a age search to the transfer market. Age is normally a big thing i look at when i'm signing a player and sometimes i don't want to have to go through 10 pages to find a player that i want to sign.

19) Have it where you can set up and make deals to improve your club. Such as giving money to a charity foundation will improve your fan support or discounts for sponsors, kids, college students/military, etc...

20) Be able to narrow your search for your scouting. If i want a Brazilian midfielder than i should be able to make sure i'm getting a brazilian player. In addition, it should be cheaper to bring in local talent (which would also boost team integrity and fan support) than foreign talent.

The scouting should be mostly based to bring in players for youth academy not really your senior team unless you strike a gold mine. I don't know if this is planned for 2007 or not, but there should be a youth academy staff that will help grow players in your academy.

2. navid90

navid90 New Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Valencia, California
    just please stop retiring the players take the age factor out of the game or something im bored after like 5 seasons cuz theres no more real players left:mad:

3. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    just to point out the prolly will never add World Cup or Euro Cup to a FIFA game becuase they release those games when it is WC or EC time. its all about the money they get people to buy it and if it was inFIFA people wouldnt buy those games.

4. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    your post is good but you could of just said make it like football manager with the playing aspect included ;)

5. RealMadridFan220

RealMadridFan220 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    London
    1.A-League.
    2.World Cup Tournaments,Qualifying,Euro 2008,Qualifying.
    3.More proper player faces. I.E- Nilmar real face.
    4.J-League.
    5.Stadium Creator.

6. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA 2001 or 02 had the option to design uniforms, like to see that back
    the thought of a stadium creator is interesting
    I think having a player miked would be cool too

7. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine we will see more improvements in the next gen. consoles (XBOX 360, PS3) but it is my understanding that the PS2 and Xbox FIFA games have reached their full potential.

8. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A lot of good ideas there, I especially hope for a National Team Manager mode.

I think they already have a sort of versatility thing, where players ratings go up and down depending on where they play. For example, playing a defender at striker causes the rating of the player to drop significantly, especially if their stats such as pace, dribbling, shooting etc. are poor.

9. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    That is something soo little but sooooo great. i loved that feature. but i dont understand some players ill use pirlo becuase he is the only one i can think of right now. he is rated like a 80(not sure of exact rating) for a CM then i bring him over to RM and his rating goes higher to like an 85. but in the ranking think it will say 80/80. i wonder why some players get better at playing a position they arent registered as. and why it only says there max is a number when you can get it higher

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a great idea... how about NOT limiting the 360 version to just six leagues? I refuse to buy FIFA07 because of this and it will be the first time since FIFA came out that I haven't bought a new version.

11. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    wonderful suggestions, especially #10. I thought of reserve team right away when I saw the thread title since I dont have in all the time lose attributes in the next season but they are not good enough to start in big games, and not going to gain enough experience when I actually put them in

12. TFCfuturefan

TFCfuturefan New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    TORONTO
    1. TORONTO FC!!!
    2. A-League
    3. Stadium Creator
    4. $4.00 USL Expansion pack

13. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see the Argentinian league and the Colombian league added and also the Copa Libertadores. And new announces.
    SimonT

14. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish they would have a national team manager mode. In Euro 2004 I had the most fun with the squad selections. Heskey and Vassell are rated high on that game too.

15. JacopeX

JacopeX Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    1) most of the leagues in the world. Including All north/south american teams, african teams from the main stream football countries, All of the best european clubs, Asian leagues from the J league, A league, Korean league, And other parts.

2) All National teams

3) World Cup, Copa Libertadores, UEFA cup, Euro cup, asian cup, african cup, ECT

4) International manager mode. :D

5) improve a player by using Practice mode and having them do drills and practices.

16. Soju_Gorae

Soju_Gorae New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    L.A. / Seoul, Korea
    They should tweak the through balls. Some of the really good players seem to have found a loop hole or something because I concede goals from these ridiculous through balls that my opponents do and it's frustrating. It's always France or Brazil that these people choose.

They do the same thing in a pattern over and over again. Or it might be that I suck at the game.

17. haris.m

haris.m New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I rekon dey should add different commentators from all ova the world for every league, eg. say if we are playing spanishn primera, der are spanish commentators it will make the game more interisting, also there should be an inclusion of more leagues, eg. bosnian league, a-league, plzzz fifa....

18. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they should tweak the manager mode so that players who are loaned out can be recalled in the Jan transfer window. It sucks if they are getting no playing time at their loaned club and I can't recall them, or if I have a major injury crisis (Rooney in scoring slump, Walcott the main scorer out with a knee injury, and Sturridge has low stamina).

19. tfcfan1990

tfcfan1990 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Toronto
    it would be cool if we could use the face of a player we look like to create ourselves

20. zachal05c

zachal05c New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    The six things i would like to see in the new fifa 08 game are:
    • I would like to see better fan support like when someones scores all you get is a small yeah and then nothing. There should be more passion the fans should be pleased that their team have won or scored.Make them louder.
    • The commentators think its normall for watford to score against chelsea. there should be better commentry.
    • MAKE THE GAME HARDER ITS TO EASY.
    • I think there should be more freedom like when you shoot its like the computer places it for you.
    • Make the FA Cup,Carling Cup a bigger event.
    • Improve the player levels in stead of having the 1 level have the talent and potential and playing level. make them improve more (like the youths).

21. zachal05c

zachal05c New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Ilike dis guy hes tlkin sense

22. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There already is a uniform creator in 07. I don't know what this guy is talking about.

23. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think FIFA should Reorgaze their game series have the FIFA title thre Just have certain things prioritized.......... like ofcorse every Four years you would have the World Cup games , and During the Non world Cup years have the game strictly for international teams with full confederation competitions similar to the manager mode for the Regular FIFA games. Also like EAsports does for Madden and Ncaa football series they need to have some memory card tranfer thing. Just make FIFA a two type games a yr series. have one game strictly club, and the other strictly international. on the Madden /ncca football series you can develop players and coaching or overall playing with dynasty modes and superstar/legends modes. also FIFA needs that too. think about it a FIFA soccer 08 International, and FIFA 08 world club soccer.

24. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Two words:

Goalie injuries

25. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    before adding more stuff to the game(like the pointless "collect cards") fix the gameplay like:

the finesse shot "bug"(so easy to score out of the box with them), smart keepers PLEASE(why can't they see they're horrible?) and make players able to fight for possession not just bounce off each other(it's just a coin toss to see who gets to the ball first after that)