FFA tour in Germany

Discussion in 'Australia' started by almango, Jun 22, 2006.

1. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm here having fun in Germany on the FFA tour. Whilst some aspects of the tour have been disappointing, the places we#ve been to and the football has been great. The stadium in Munich has to be seen to be believed. We don't have anything like it in Australia.

The game against Japan was great. Kaiserslaughten is a great little town and the stadium offers a great view from any seat. They must have the fittest supporters in Europe as the stadium is on top of a hill and accessed from the train station via about 1000 or so steps. The game had us frustated for a bit the the result in the end was worth waiting for.

The Brazil game was a little disappointing and very frustrating as it seemed the ref was guilty of having pre conceived notions about sides and didn't referee what was in front of him. Brazil will be hard to beat if the are given the ball from a free kick 3 out 5 times that their players lose the ball.

We've visited Franfurt, Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart. Berlin was great and we could have spent longer there. Munich was good but the 5 star accomodation was about 3 stars short. At least it forced me to spend more time in the city. The weathers been great. I checked web sites the week before I left and saw temperatures of 15-17 degrees but it hasn't been below 25 anywhere we've been and the jumpers are still in the bottom of the suitcase. We are waiting for the game later today and hope to cheer the boys on to a second round spot.

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Your one lucky b@stard :D.

Have you started any fights? Hows the women? The ones from South America look good don't they?

It was great the Aus - Japan game, all Aus supporters were very tense, so when we got the equaliser and the winner we probably celebrated a lot harder.

Aus - Brazil, Great game, excellent performace by Aus, and we deserved something out of that. The ref reminded me of another evil b@stard from that country, can't remember his name, but the ref was not as bad as that evil man :D .

Destiny is in our hands

3. Aussie_Man_Utd

Aussie_Man_Utd New Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Germans are stunners. My German teacher was awwsome.