Feyenoord game tickets for visitor?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by KarlP, Sep 7, 2002.

1. KarlP

KarlP New Member

Sep 7, 2002
    Looking for some advice on game tickets. My girlfriend and I will be visiting Holland in earlier Octboer, and I see Feyenoord host Ajax on 6-Oct. Any recommendations on how to get game tickets? Thanks.

2. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    Those will be very difficult to come by. For a match of that caliber I believe you'll need a club card to purchase a ticket. Your best bet is to send an email to the club explaining to them that you are visiting the country and need tickets. You'll probably have better luck with a lower profile match.

3. Crewman Q

Crewman Q New Member

Feb 8, 2000
    Media, Pa. 19063 USA
    This is a risk category A match . Frieslander is exactly right when he says that a club card is your best bet. If Feyenoord are anything like Ajax regarding supporter services, there should be a way to acquire one.Perhaps even quickly enough to meet the 6 October deadline . Check the Feyenoord website as there may be a link to a clubkaart application. One other thought, Ajax has travel packages to its home matches thru a travel partner.You may wish to see if Feyenoord do likewise.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Make sure you have the proper health insurance! ;)

5. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There is not that much trouble around these matches anymore. It's virtually impossible since the stadium and the surrounding area turn into some kind of fortress.

Ajax supporters come in by train and go into a tunnel leading directly into the visitors end. So they actually never even touch rotterdam ground.
    Ajax supporters will not travel by own means as a group because this would

a) be suicide
    b) if it would be done with a group big and strong enough it would surely lead to death and destruction on both sides.

So don't worry. If you stay clear of large groups in front of the train station where Ajax fans arrive nothing should happen.

6. 5446

5446 New Member

Nov 23, 1998
    Brooklyn, NY
    i went to this game two seasons ago and it was a lot of fun. got great seats through matchseats.com. last row of the stadium, but right at midfield. I think they charged me 20 or 25 dollars premium, which isn't too bad. send them an email.

7. KarlP

KarlP New Member

Sep 7, 2002
    Thanks for all the input. I figure it's a hard game to get, but might as well try if I'm in the area.

I sent the club an inquiry and will try matchseats.com also. Probably a tough try on scalping, especially if ID and clubcards are needed. Although for Euro2000 they never required ID to match names printed on tickets, as was warned.

If no-go, then I may have to look into the lower profile matches (home side first):
    AZ v Vitesse 15.00
    FC Utrecht v RBC 15.00
    Heerenveen v Willem II 15.00

8. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    Heerenveen is sold out for the season so you'd have to scalp those seats.

9. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'd go for Utrecht but there's a big chance it's sold out.