Festive Fun. The Big 50 Questions - part deux!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Dec 20, 2005.

1. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Agreed. Can't believe I said I wanted Big Sam to replace Fergie. How young and naive i was back then.

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Really cant believe I read this.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll probably have another one at the end of the year. I'm sure a lot of people would like to change some of their answers, especially the BS related ones.

4. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Im gonna need to start whoring myself out more to get on someones answers, i guess.

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    HA....!

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    heh, I was quite surprised to see that. In our next 50 questions thread, I'll be sure to put you down as one of the most improved posters.

7. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I could also win the 'most increased post count' too, perhaps not the best of awards... *sighs..

8. Grubic

Grubic New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year?

The run at the end of the season. Seeing Giggs rule the middle during that time was just awesome!!

And your most endearing or funny moment on BS? (united board of course)

Started lurking this board just recently, this is my first post.

what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)

When the first rumours of Ruud being on the way out came out :(

Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec)

I'd like to say Ruud (biased as he is one of my favs), but I'd say Rooney. When he was on the field the team acted different. Hard to explain unless you saw the games.

And the worst?

O'Shea. I once thought he would be one of our better players. Heh amazing how much information gets diluted by the time it gets on this side of the pond.

6. Who has been your favourite player to watch in this past year?

Giggs/Ruud. Red legends.

Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope)

I think we'll finish 2nd unfortunately. But it will be closer this year than last.

If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only)

Joe Cole, move him to the outside and Giggs to the inside.

IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out?

O'shea. Don't think he will be what thought he'd be.

If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here?

Depends on his head honestly. But I think this is time for a new United. I've seen plenty of my "home" teams hold on to a guy for too long and it never works out right.

If you said yes, what is your reasoning?

If you said no, what is your reasoning

See #10.

Will SAF be here for the start of next season?

Yes.

Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only)

I think he will be sold before that happens. I can't see him playing for too much longer in Red. Probably get loaned out for a season and if he does well wherever he gets sent I think then he'll be sold for alot of money.

If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player

I'd keep him. But if I have alot of developing players that play the same position as the £20m player I'd really consider it.

Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be

I think we'll win the FA Cup if we win any.

Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope?

Hope I hope. He seems to be on the cusp of really showing us something.

David Jones. Great hype or great hope?

Don't know that much about him honestly. From what I read he is both hype and hope.

Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not?

I've only seem him play a few times, but I'm leaning toward not.

Ryan Giggd. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

On the side, he is past it. In the middle he can still change the game.

Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now?

We should start looking now.

John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)

No.

Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him?

Keep him and hope he stays healthy.

IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want?

Don't know who I'd want to replace him.

Who is the most improved player in the last year?

Rooney. He kept his head in check alot more than I thought he would. Hope I can type this again next year.

We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica.

O'Shea. Only cuz of the handful of games I've seen he's been suspect.

Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance?

Rio. Guy seems to get hounded for things.

Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player)

Rooney. Him being on the field changes things for us.

In your time following United what has been your best memory?

On TV the Treble, In person Ruud's goal against Juventus at Giants stadium. Perfect Chest pass to himself for the volley. Then the entire stadium screams Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!!

And your worst?

CL disaster was bad, but us selling Ruud really bothered me. He is one of my favorite players. And I hate Real.

Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest)

Yes. The guy works hard.

Best United goal of the last year?

Rooney, nuff said.

Best United performance of the last year?

Loss in FA Cup.

Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most?

Chelsea.

Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3)

Giggs. Guy has been class for a long time.

IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)

Diego.

Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest)

Yes. But he'll be gunshy at first.

And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope)

No. I applaud him being loyal but I can't see it.

In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy)

Unfortunately I say Scholes.

I'll end at 39 since I was a 'casual lurker' for a bit before joining.

9. samabachan

samabachan New Member

Jun 14, 2006
    7 Yemen Road, Yemen
    What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year?

Rio scoring agin the Dippers.

And your most endearing or funny moment on BS? (united board of course)

Er..yes.

what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)

When I heard Ruud had submitted 3 transfer requests in the past year.

Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec)

Rooney.
    And the worst?

Fletcher

Rooney

Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope)

I think we can.

If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only)

Torres (assuming he isn't here before then).
    IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out?

Silvestre and he wins by a mile.

If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here?

No
    If you said yes, what is your reasoning?

If you said no, what is your reasoning

He's past it, constantly in pain whenever he plays and we started playing better when he left.

Will SAF be here for the start of next season?

Yes. Fergie will have to be taken out in a bodybag.

Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only)

No.

If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player

Keep him. He's already a good player who is worth more than that.

Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be

Yes. Carling Cup and either FA Cup or Premiership.

Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope?

Great hope.

David Jones. Great hype or great hope?

No idea. Fergie seems to think he's useless.

Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not?

Yes. Judging by his preseason performances you'd say he had more potential than Carrick.

Ryan Giggs. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

First team regular.

Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now?

First team regular.

John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)

No.

Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him?

Keep him! We'd be crazy to sell.

IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want?

Mark Hughes. Ryan Giggs and Gary Speed reckon he's a tactical genius (one of Fergie's minor weaknesses), strong enough that Fergie won't be able to push him around if he stays on the board, good man manager and disciplinarian (hell he made Craig Bellamy and Robbie Savage into decent players), and young enough that he would be a good long term option. In other words Fergie's 2nd coming.

Who is the most improved player in the last year?

Lee Martin? Ben Foster? Most improved first teamer would probably be Ronaldo or Rooney.

We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica.

Fletcher.
    Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance?

Fletcher.
    Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player)

Gary Neville. Our backup at right back is currently average and there aren't many great right backs in the world anyway. Only Zambrotta is IMO better than Gary.

In your time following United what has been your best memory?

Cantona's volley against the Dippers in the FA Cup Final in one of our double winning seasons. (First great memory).

And your worst?

Getting knocked out of the Champs League by Leverkusen in the semis when we were the best team in the competition. I think it was 01-02.

Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest)

Definitely.

Best United goal of the last year?[/b[

Rio agin the Scousers. (You can't count Fletcher's agin Chelski coz he meant to head it across goal.)

Best United performance of the last year?

Beating Chelski at home. Smith was excellent.
    Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most?

Arsenal.

Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3)

Giggs has been my favourite player ever since I started supporting United.

IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)

Lee Roche. Joke. Probably David Beckham.

Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest)

Yes. Undoubtedly.

And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope)

He seems to have lost a bit of pace but he was never exactly quick to start with so I think he will still be a great player to have in the squad. He looked to be physically stronger than ever against Porto.

In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy)

Ruud.
    BS Related Questions

Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board)

Rakim22. He's so wrong.

Who is your favourite troll?

Pass. They're all so loveable.

Who is your favourite non United supporting visitor?

Toon2

Which poster do you feel you learn the most from when he/she posts?

DS. But he's not always right. johno and machoward are also excellent.

Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board?

Paul Scholes.

Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here)

Me.

Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads?

mtkillamanjohno, machoward.

What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks)

Pass.
    Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share )
    Pass.

Funniest thread of the year?
    The Franck Ribery one. I liked the pic of him with his girlfriend. Nearly as ugly as Martin Keown.

Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread?

It was alright in patches.

10. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry guys. I have slacked off this summer. Hopefully I will be back into action when school starts up again.

11. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Interesting....

12. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1.What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year?
    Betaing Chelsea

2. And your most endearing or funny moment on BS? (united board of course)
    So Many...

3. what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)
    Keane's departure

4.Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec)
    Rooney

5.And the worst?
    John' O Shea

Ronaldo

7.Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope)
    No but we will win the champions league

8.If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only)
    Mascherano

9.IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out?
    John 'O Shea

10.If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here?
    Yes

11.If you said yes, what is your reasoning?
    He is an inspiration to the team

12.If you said no, what is your reasoning
    n/a

13.Will SAF be here for the start of next season?
    Yes

14.Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only
    Yes

15.If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player
    I would rather keep him

16.Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be?
    Champions league,FA cup,League cup

17.Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope?
    great hope

18.David Jones. Great hype or great hope?
    great hope

19.Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not?
    Yes

20.Ryan Giggs. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)
    He is almost past it but not yet.

]21.Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now?
    He should be our CAM

22.John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)
    No

23.Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him?
    Keep him

24.IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want?
    I dont have any idea

25.Who is the most improved player in the last year?
    ronaldo

26.We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica.
    Silvestre

27.Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance?
    Fletcher

28.Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player)
    Keane

29.In your time following United what has been your best memory?
    Beating Arsenal 4-2 at highbury

30.And your worst?
    When we lost to Sunderland

Yes

32.Best United goal of the last year?
    Fletcher's against chelsea

33.Best United performance of the last year?
    Final game of the season

34.Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most?
    liverpool

Rooney

36.IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)
    Beckham

37.Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest)
    Yes

38.And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope)
    No

39.In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy)
    John 'O Shea

BS Related Questions

40.Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board)
    There have been many

41.Who is your favourite troll?
    n/a

42.Who is your favourite non United supporting visitor?
    n/a

43.Which poster do you feel you learn the most from when he/she posts?
    n/a

44.Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board?
    DS

45.Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here)
    New so no idea

46.Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads?
    sirmanchester

47.What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks)
    Transfer thread

48.Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share :D )
    naaaa.....

49.Funniest thread of the year?
    This one!!!!

50.Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread?
    yeah quite a lot

I hope you enjoyed it anyway and I look forward to your answers. Remember, no matter how low we feel this season, there is always someone beneath you take pride/pleasure from that.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

13. Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Things that make me go hmmmmmm...

14. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very interesting to read back through this stuff.

15. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Like you were completely wrong. :d

16. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're quoting yourself...I'm scared.

17. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's sort of funny that it was only the last transfer window in which a semi-reasonable bid for a player like Ronaldo would be 20 million. Ah, the good old days. :eek:

18. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thread bump time...

Alright lads...time to resurrect this thread....Also time to look back and see f your predictions turned true...:D

19. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I could have written that today. 5 years and we still have not replaced Keane.

Ahem.

Shame on me.

*Eyeroll*

20. Father Ted

Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He would have been good at the time.
    Actually he got better after that spell.
    But of course...
    He was but now needs to get back to that...
    Ahhh Giggsy you didn't let me down...
    Well thankfully he proved me wrong. But we still need to replace him now!

21. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also called for us to buy Essien from the first time we played Lyon in 2004. Props to me!

Wow, I am flippin retarded.

Still not sure we realized his absolute maximum but he certainly didn't suck. ;)
    Mea culpa.

I am a flippin genius.
    I can't believe we still haven't resolved this question five years on.

I am a flippin genius.
    Wow, I am REALLY flippin retarded.

:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:
    Wow, I am flippin retarded.

22. Father Ted

Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    mhtwins, on Scholes, remember this was shortly after his blurred vision period that took him a while to get over. So I don't think many predicted he would return to form so well the following season 06/07.