Festive Fun. The Big 50 Questions - part deux!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    [​IMG]

Hey all, for those of you who were around last year you will remember the big 50 (I hope) which went down well on the boards. I think everyone particpated last year? Well as it's that time of year again and most of us will not be posting or around in the next few days/weels I thought I'd do this years big 50 right now.

If you're new here please take part...and if you're old...please do so again (dammit :p ) Simply copy and past the big 50 into your window and answer in the spaces beneath each question.

And with that, I shalt proceedeth to the questions ^__^

What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year?

And your most endearing or funny moment on BS? (united board of course)

what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)

Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec)

And the worst?

6. Who has been your favourite player to watch in this past year?

Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope)

If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only)

IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out?

If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here?

If you said yes, what is your reasoning?

If you said no, what is your reasoning

Will SAF be here for the start of next season?

Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only)

If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player

Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be

Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope?

David Jones. Great hype or great hope?

Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not?

Ryan Giggd. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now?

John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)

Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him?

IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want?

Who is the most improved player in the last year?

We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica.

Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance?

Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player)

In your time following United what has been your best memory?

And your worst?

Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest)

Best United goal of the last year?[/b[

Best United performance of the last year?

Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most?

Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3)

IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)

Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest)

And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope)

In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy)

BS Related Questions

Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board)

Who is your favourite troll?

Who is your favourite non United supporting visitor?

Which poster do you feel you learn the most from when he/she posts?

Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board?

Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here)

Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads?

What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks)

Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share :D )

Funniest thread of the year?

Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread?

I hope you enjoyed it anyway and I look forward to your answers. Remember, no matter how low we feel this season, there is always someone beneath you take pride/pleasure from that.

[​IMG]

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    /meh

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

beating the Arse in the Library.

Good lord, soo soo many... I'll have to come back to that.

what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)

The loss of George Best.

Wayne Rooney

And the worst?

Howard/Carroll

Ronaldo - when on, he's just a joy to watch.

Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope)

Maybe

If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only)

Roy Keane. Ok... um... Gattuso

IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out?

Silvestre

If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here?

Yes.

He's our captain and I'd love for him to work a bit longer with Fletcher and for Dave Jones to get some time with him in practice.

I said yes.

Yes.

Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only)

Yes.

If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player

Not sure what this means, if it means 20M for the player we want the club to get/have who is not currently on the team then I'd say I'd take the money. (and buy Diarra or Scott Parker)

Yes.

Great hope.

not really hyped, I'm hopeful.

He is of sufficient quality to play for us. He'll need to improve to maintain a starting spot down the road (right now he's playing on performance and potential), but he's at good enough to be a squaddy right now.

Ryan Giggs. Passed it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

On the edge, with rest he will still be a terror. He no longer has the legs to terrorize teams for 90mins, week in week out.

Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now?

He should be our CAM, we're young enough as it is.

John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)

no.

Keep him.

IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want?

Fergie.

Wayne Rooney. He was good when we got him, but he's progressing and learning new traits weekly it seems.

We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica.

Smith/Fletcher, followed closely by Silvestre and then by LB when Heinze isn't there.

Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance?

Scholes.

Ruud van Ferdinand

Trebble.

And your worst?

Loss to Porto in CL when we (did) should have won and watching them lift the cup.

Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest)

Absolutely.

Best United goal of the last year?

Rooney vs. Newcastle - the curling volley. O'Shea vs Arsenal at the Library, good goal, nice build up play.

United 1 - 0 Chelsea.

CharsePool.

Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3)

Ruud.

IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)

Gosh... tough one. Beckham I suppose.

Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest)

Yup.

Nope.

In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy)

I'd say Gary Neville, but he's been injured so often that's not fair.

BS Related Questions :D

Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board)

Alot of you have made me laugh...

No Favorites.

There almost all twats, but yossarian is class.

mix of posters really... DS, RoM, Machoward

Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board?

Saphire - a girl who's into United as much as me!!!

Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here)

No idea.

Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads?

Achtung, DS, VR Macho and DFR. Saphire in NSR threads :D

What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks :D)

Definitely the Youth Academy thread... really enjoyed the analysis and reports on our young Jedi.

Not sure, alot of good ones. Neave/Owen fixation.

Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread?

NO. Make easier questions next time!!!

4. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Beating Chelsea 1-0

TV Thread *tear* :eek:

Out of Champion's league, then Keano gone.

Rooney easy

And the worst?

John O'shite

Wazza

No but come very very close

Steven Gerrard

John O'Shite

No, time to move on, sorry big guy.

n/a

Ooops, as I said time to move on and let someone else take the reigns

No

yes

(I assume Ronaldo) Keep the player hes still young, yet.

Yes, FA Cup, League Cup

Great Hope

Great Hope

No

Ryan Giggd. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

Still of importance just needs rest, more often and a good backup (ie CRon stop fing around)

Younger Now

No

Louis Saha, keep him.

Guus Hiddink

Wes Brown

Stop with the stupid questions! John O'Shite!

Michael Silvestre

Rio

Watching the celebration on live after winning the league in 02/03

And your worst?

Losing the league in 01-02 on the last day.

Yes

Ruud recently when he two-touch volleyed and cheeky chip from Wazza.

FA Cup LOSS

Chelsea

Wazza (yes, I'm a fanboy)

Stam (maybe dunno about his current state though)

yes

No

Scholes

BS Related Questions

johno

EVERYONE's FAAVORITE ANDREW NEAVE!!!!!!!!

toon^squared

Dark Savante

billyireland

Sirmancheter

johno

TV thread, classic, insightful, heartwarming, comic. everything a good thread should be

Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share )

Top 10 women :D

transfer thread :D

Yes

5. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year? The victory at Highbury last season, including the pre-game festivities.

2. And your most endearing or funny moment on BS? (united board of course) The battle of the possible sock earlier this year. I cannot remember who the two participants were.

3. What has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.) George Best

4. Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec) Rooney

5. And the worst? Saha

6. Who has been your favourite player to watch in this past year? Rooney

7. Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope) No, but we will comfortably finish second with 87 points.

8. If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only) Xabi Alonso

9. If we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out? Louis Saha. Could get good value for him and not have to worry about his attitude once Rossi pushes his way in front of him.

10. If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here? Of course.

11. If you said yes, what is your reasoning? At this point, United still needs his leadership.

12. If you said no, what is your reasoning? N/A

13. Will SAF be here for the start of next season? Yes

14. Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only) Yes.

15. If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player? Keep him. He's worth at least as much as Essien.

16. Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be. FA Cup and Carling Cup.

17. Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope? Rossi will justify every rave review ever published by Dark Savante.

18. David Jones. Great hype or great hope? Future captain and one of the top midfielders in the Prem.

19. Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not? Of course.

20. Ryan Giggs. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway) Can I choose both? I think he's valuable in certain situations, assuming that he's fit.

21. Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now? I think with Rooney and Ronaldo that we don't necessarily need a Scholes-type midfielder.

22. John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer) Probably not. The position will be Heinze's next season and a younger player will pass O'Shea over the next couple of years. For his sake, he should be sold during the off-season.

23. Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him? I believe in his talent, but for the right money he should be sold.

24. IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want? Jose.

25. Who is the most improved player in the last year? Rooney

26. We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica. John O'Shea

27. Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance? It's not even close. Darren Fletcher.

28. Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player) Wayne Rooney

29. In your time following United what has been your best memory? The draw at Highbury in our last title-winning season.

30. And your worst? Looking outclassed versus Milan.

31. Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest) He will make it, but never as a definite starter.

32. Best United goal of the last year? Rooney's volley against Newcastle.

33. Best United performance of the last year? Of the games that I watched, the FA Cup final last year.

34. Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most? Formerly Arsenal. Now Chelsea.

35. Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3) Ruud

36. If we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane) Phil

37. Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest) No, he'll probably be even meaner, but that's a good thing.

38. And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope) No, but he has guile so he'll still provide some highlights.

39. In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy) I hope this is the right answer. Is it John O'Shea?

BS Related Questions

40. Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board) I promise that I'm not sucking up, but it's Motter. He's consistently funny and he had a post within the last month or so that made me laugh aloud.

41. Who is your favourite troll? Nice. He actually tries to be rational.

42. Who is your favourite non United supporting visitor? Phishy.

43. Which poster do you feel you learn the most from when he posts? Dark Savante. All that youth and reserve stuff is awesome. I wish I could rep him more.

44. Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board? Any of the women. I wonder if they're hot. (I assume they're not.)

45. Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here) MtP07. He's about the only relatively new guy that seems like an old guy.

46. Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads? DS, Johno, Motter. I almost always read their complete posts.

47. What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks) The youth/reserve threads. I can't get enough.

48. Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share :D ) I almost never leave the United forum.

49. Funniest thread of the year? That kangaroo court for the alleged socks.

50. Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread? To be serious, if I may, this fills a need for me, that is, to discuss soccer with knowledgeable fans.

6. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal

Hmm....the 2-4 win against Arsenal.

Uhh...can't think right now...just done with finals...ahhhh

Gayslur! :mad:

Wayne Rooney.

And the worst?

Liam Miller.

Wayne Rooney. No doubt - that Newcastle goal, the Birmingham volley, his dribbles, his clapping...terrific player.

My head says no, my heart says yes. I hope Chelsea lose to Citeh, Liverpool, and us and we win every game from now till the end of the season :eek:

Steven Gerrard.

I guess Liam Miller doesn't count, so Mikael Silvestre.

No.

I think we need to move on...he is still better than any of our current players in his position, but he wouldn't be around for much longer anyway...time to cut the Keano umbilical cord.

I think and hope so.

Yes.

Keep the player.

FA Cup and Carling Cup....and my heart wants to add the League

Great hope.

Great hope.

Not yet MUQ...but on his way to getting there.

Ryan Giggs. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

Definitely past his best, but still a valuable member of the squad.

He can carry on for at least till the end of 2007. Hopefully he gets back into his form. If not, we need to get Fletcher and Jones playing in that role...Rooney will naturally start playing deeper.

If the team as a whole does well, I think we'll see O'Shea doing better.

Keep him.

Paul Le Guen.

Van Nistelrooy? Not improved by his absolute standards, but definitely in much better form than at the start of the year.

Smith...has had some terrific games, but can't do it on a consistent basis.

Fletcher.

Wayne Rooney.

Has got to be winning the treble.

And your worst?

Apart from the takeover, probably when we lost 6-2 to Sunderland and then 5-0 to Newcastle consecutively...quite a few seasons ago.

Yes.

Rooney vs Newcastle.

4-2 vs Arsenal

Arsenal.

Paul Scholes.

David Beckham.

Yes.

No...he's been out a long time...but could still be valuable.

I really don't know. Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Scholes all experienced a loss of form IMO.

BS Related Questions

Vermont Red.

Coach McGuirk....hehe

SirManchester....oh wait.... :D

Probably Rick B.

Dark Savante....thanks for the youth reports!

Umm...everybody!

Numquam Moribimur.

Dark Savante.

Reserve/Youth reports

Free for All

Can't recall any single thread...there's been lots of funny posts here and there, even in serious threads.

Yeah, but I'm exhausted.

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Arsenal 2 - 4 United/ United 1 - 0 Chelsea, can't really decide, both meant a lot for me.
    Group Hug thread and my United Appreciation thread with all the drawings, received several compliments and I felt very content as a member here.

Best/Benfica game
    Wayne "Bigger than Jesus" Rooney
    And the worst?
    Carrol

Wazza

No, however we have all the potential to finish second and I expect no less
    Gerrard

Saha

No

He's alread ymade his decision, he doesn't want to play here under the given circumstances and that deserves respect

yep
    no
    keep the player
    no silverwear this season
    both
    hype, even rossi has more playing time than him, i want to see him play more
    definitely has proven that he can be MUQ, he can only get better
    past it, but when he's on top form he can be of great importance, but more the former than latter
    he's our short term CAM, but in the meantime we should be looking for another option
    yes
    sell
    Ottmar Hitzfeld
    Ruud
    25.1/2. Who is the least improved player in the last year?
    Ronaldo

Smith
    Smith
    Rooney, he really does add another dimension to the squad.
    CL 99
    And your worst?
    I can't really decide, there have been so many and most of the recently from Porto 04 to Glazer to Becks' departue to Glazer to Best to Benfica to Keane :( I'll go with Becks' departue though, that along with Stam really turned things around for the club I think
    yes, if he gets to become a regualr starter

Rooeny vs. Newcastle/ Rooney's double against Boro in the Cup

Arsenal 2-4 United
    Arsenal
    Rooney
    Beckham
    of course
    oh yea
    O'Shea
    BS Related Questions

Motts and Achtung because they share the same kind of humour as me when it comes to one liners or posting pics to tell the story
    nobody
    I wouldn't really consider Teso as a non-Uinted supporting visitor so I'll go with Toon-Squared
    Dark Savante
    Billy, we have a sh!tload in common when it comes to film and its fun exploring that
    I'm gonna include myself here, I learned a lot from you lot even though I don't find it easy to admit:p

Teso, my brother from another mother, Billy, Johno for all the German-related arguments gotta love em, Vermont Red, Howard Zin and Numquam whom I've gotten to know better this year and they're always fun to talk to.
    hmm.....has to be between the "get to know each other" and the "tv" threads.
    whichever I post on the most
    TV thread

fvck yea, thanks a lot DS.

8. Landon Donovan

Landon Donovan New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Comiskey Park

Rooney Golassoooooooooooos

Viera taking dives (stupid Frenchie!)

Heinze =(

Rooney face.
    And the worst?

Keane

Rooney

No

Ballack!

Scholes

NO!

I do not like him!

Yes!

Already have!

What player?

FA Cup. and Carling Cup

Hype

Hype

Sometimes
    Ryan Giggs. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

Past it.

Alan Smith in his spot.

Yes

BURN HIM!

Peter Nowak

Alan Smiff.

Scholes.

Ronaldo.

Rooney.

Rooney.
    And your worst?

Last season!

No.
    Rooney's volley.

Chelsea THRASHING!!!!!!

Arsenal.

Rooney!

Stam.

YES!~!~~!!!

No.

Giggs.
    BS Related Questions

Whoever posted Viera dive video thing.

I unno

Me.

I unno

I unno

I unno

I unno

Viera diver!

Alan Smiff project!

Viera dive!

YES!!!

9. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year? Rooney playing

2. And your most endearing or funny moment on BS? (united board of course)
    The Group Hug

3. What has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.) The FA Cup final

4. Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec) Rooney

5. And the worst? Bellion or Miller

6. Who has been your favourite player to watch in this past year? Rooney

7. Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope) No

8. If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only) Gerrard

9. IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out? O'Shite

10. If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here? Yes

11. If you said yes, what is your reasoning? Leadership

12. If you said no, what is your reasoning

13. Will SAF be here for the start of next season? Yes.

14. Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only) No

15. If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player Depends on who it is.

16. Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be
    Yes. League and FA Cup double

17. Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope? Great hope

18. David Jones. Great hype or great hope? No comment. Haven't seen him play

19. Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not? Yes

20. Ryan Giggd. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway) Good squad player

21. Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now? CAM while grooming the new player

22. John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer) No

23. Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him? Keep him if he stays fit til the end of the season

24. IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want? Le Guen

25. Who is the most improved player in the last year? Richardson

26. We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica. Smith

27. Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance? Fletcher

28. Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player) Rooney

29. In your time following United what has been your best memory? Watching Cantona play/99 CL Final

30. And your worst? This past FA Cup final

31. Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest) Yes

32. Best United goal of the last year?[/b[ Rooney's volley against the barcodes

33. Best United performance of the last year? United 4 arse 2

34. Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most? the arse

35. Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3) Rooney

36. IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane) Stam

37. Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest) Yes. ACL's aren't careen enders anymore

38. And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope) No

39. In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy) O'Shite

BS Related Questions

40. Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board) Motterman

41. Who is your favourite troll? Coach McGuirk

42. Who is your favourite non United supporting visitor? Coach McGuirk

43. Which poster do you feel you learn the most from when he/she posts? Dark Savante - the reserve team stuff is greatness

44. Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board? Mot, Achtung, Dark Savante

45. Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here) don't know

46. Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads?
    Dark Savante

47. What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks) After the arse win

48. Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share ) The italian girls thread in the free for all section

49. Funniest thread of the year? Group Hug

50. Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread? Yeah.

10. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    1.What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year?

Win at the Library.

The ManUtx/threelions sock puppet debate. Anytime one of the Neave's post.

3. what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)

Georgie's passing.

4.Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec)

Rooney.

5.And the worst?

O'Shea.

Rooney.

7.Are we going to win the league this year? (please give your honest opnion and not what you hope)

I just don't see it happening. :(

8.If we could buy any one player in the January window and money wasn't an issue who would you want here? (one name only)

Michael Owen. ;) ... Lampard.

9.IF we could sell any one 1st team squad member in January who would you want out?

Silvestre.

10.If Keano said he wanted to come back to United tomorrow would you want him here?

Yes, I would personally buy his plane ticket back.

11.If you said yes, what is your reasoning?

Leadership & to be future manager.

12.If you said no, what is your reasoning

13.Will SAF be here for the start of next season?

YES

14.Will United ever get to realise Ronaldo's full potential (yes or no answer only)

Yes

15.If we were offered £20m for the player would you want the club to take the money or keep the player

Keep.

16.Will we win any silverware this season? Please state what you think it'll be

FA CUP

17.Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope?

Hard to say as I don't really get to see any Reserves matches and he's hardly played in the first team. I defer to DS's vast knowledge and say great hope.

18.David Jones. Great hype or great hope? Same as Rossi.

19.Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not?

Not MUQ right now. But he could be in the future. I'd put him in the great hope category.

20.Ryan Giggd. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)

Still of great importance.

21.Paul Scholes. Should he be our CAM or should we be looking out for a younger player now?

He's still got some legs left in him. Keep him.

22.John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)

NO.

23.Luis Saha. Sell him or keep him?

Keep him.

24.IF Fergie quit tomorrow and we could have any manager in the world to replace him, who would you want?

Fergie.

25.Who is the most improved player in the last year?

Ruud.

26.We have xi men starting our games. In your opinion which of the xi is the wekest link? Because of the Smith/Fletcher situation..whoever you choose out of those two we will assume he is the man starting next to Scholes. For this particular question we will go with what is considered our very best line up...the one that started away at Benfica.

O'Shea and Silvestre.

27.Which player in our 1st xi(see q26 for clarification) do you feel is unfairly rounded on for criticsm regardless of his performance?

Fletcher.

28.Who is our most irreplaceable player? (not to be confused with best player)

Keane. After him, I'd say Rooney.

29.In your time following United what has been your best memory?

Winning the Prem in 2001 and getting our trophy back in 2003. Also Rooney's debut against Fenerbahce.

30.And your worst?

Crashing out of Europe this season and last season.

31.Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I emplore you to be honest)

Nothing more than a squaddie.

32.Best United goal of the last year?

Rooney's volley vs. Newcastle.

33.Best United performance of the last year?

Arse 2 - United 4

34.Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most?

Scousers or Citeh.

35.Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3)

Rooney.

36.IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)

Beckham.

37.Will Gabby ever be the same player he was when he comes back from injury (be honest)

Absolutely yes.

38. And Ole? (Again, be honest - what you think and not what you hope)

I don't think he'll ever be as he was pre-injury, but he'll definitely contribute.

39.In the last year which player have you seen decline the most as opposed to 'just' a loss of form?(I think this one is easy)

O'Shea.

BS Related Questions

40.Which poster has made you laugh the most in the last year( or since joining the board)

VR or jayro.

41.Who is your favourite troll?

Zani. How can you not laugh at his posts??? :D

42.Who is your favourite non United supporting visitor?

DS...I'm still trying to figure out who In Limbo FC is??? ;)

43.Which poster do you feel you learn the most from when he/she posts?

DS, without a doubt.

44.Who intrigues you the most of all the posters you come across on the United board?

All of you.

45.Who has been the most improved poster this year (or since the time you've been here)

NM.

46.Who is your favourite poster on the United board...or the one whose posts you will look out for the most if you are quickly rushing through threads?

VR or jayro.

47.What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks)

Group Hug is all I can remember right now.

Either Hot Italian Girls or Brunettes Worshipping.

NM's drunk posting thread...

50.Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread?

Yes.

11. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005

Beating Chelsea.

Billy's Powerbook thread.

Keane.

Rooney

And the worst?

Carrol

Rooney

Yes. It's not just a hope.

Michael Essien

David Bellion

YES

lack of leadership.

n/a

Yes

No

Depends on the player

FA Cup + Premiership

Hope.

Hype

yes

We still need him.

He should stay for 2 more years.

yes

keep him, no one would pay anything for him anyways at this point.

Capello

Wes Brown

Ronaldo

Fletcher

Ruud.

Ole's goal against Bayern

And your worst?

Keane's departure

He will never be a regular starter

O'Shea against Arsenal

4-2 against Arsenal

Arsenal

Gary Neville

Beckham

yes

Yes. I really do think that.

Silvestre

-------------------------------------------------------
    BS Related Questions

Motterman

I love them all. OK, I don't.

DutchFootball

tpmazembe

Sapphire

Howard Z

Billy

TV thread

TV thread

Billy's powerbook/TV thread

Wait... you mean we won't get paid for answering that???

12. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    The Arse match at the Library.. Seeing us comeback like that twice and end up dominating is what United is all about...

The Midget Scouser debates were priceless..

The FA cup final and the loss to Benfica.

Rooney

And the worst?

Roy Carroll

Ronaldo when on form.. Ruud this season

Possibly... if Chelsea drop popints during Christmas period we have a chance

John Terry

Silvestre

No

Time to move on

Yes

Yes

No

Carling Cup, FA Cup (maybe)

Haven't seen enough to pass judgement..

See above..

Is and will be..

He's showing his age but with rest will show flashes of brilliance for us...

For now.. but we need to find a replacement before next season

No

Keep him.. If healthy he can be a valuable asset look at todays second goal as an example...

Bruce Arena.. :p Frank Rijkaard

Rooney

O'Shite

Ronaldo and Fletch

Ruud

Beating Arse and Chelsea to ruin their unbeaten runs...

And your worst?

Lille and Benfica this season.. We were outclassed by inferior opponents..

Yes

Rooney Newcastle

The Chelsea match thias season because of all the controversy surrounding us at the time....

Arsenal, Citeh, Scousers, Chelsea in that order

Ronaldo

Becks His crossing and free kicks could really help us...

Yes

No but what do you expect at his age and after 2 seasons out...

Silvestre

BS Related Questions

Motter, VR , MTP

Zani.. Reading it's posts makes you feel better about your life..

Coach and Rick

Dark Savante, Motter, Achtung, Johno

All of you

Numquam

MtP, VR, Numquam

The Coach lost bet threads... :D

Any of the hot women threads that grace BS..

The TV Thread.. All of us giving relationship advice is a pisser...

Yes

13. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I AM DONE YAY !!!

14. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    1.What has been your happiest or most endearing United memory of the past year?
    The 4-2 victory over arsenal. ive watched the highlights on my comp too many times to count
    Probably when i made fun of someone and got a positive response. one of the few times i actually posted and my life wasn't ripped apart.
    3. what has been yout saddest United memory this year? (oh there are quite a few to chose from, sadly.)
    keano leaving, i was gutted when he said he would leave at the end of season, and then when i come home from work one day and see the headline on soccernet that he had suddenly left, i was totally speechless...for a few seconds and then obscenities echoed throughout my house for quite sometime.
    4.Who has been our best player this last year? (Jan-Dec)
    Heinze
    5.And the worst?
    Silvestre
    Ronaldo
    Not without a major miracle. (so no)
    Rosicky
    Saha
    Yes
    Keano and Ole are two players who i wish would stay in a united jersey till they retire, no matter how old or past it they are. i think they have earned it.

Yes.

Yes.
    Keep the player.
    Yes. League Cup and FA Cup are very viable.
    17.Giuseppe Rossi. Great hype or great hope?
    Hope.
    18.David Jones. Great hype or great hope?
    Don't know, haven't seen enough of him.
    19.Darren Fletcher. MUQ (manchester united quality)or not?
    MUQ. valuable squad player. he quitely goes about his business, just cause he doesn't do stepovers or score from 25 yards out doesn't mean he isn't an important player. plus he's got time on his side.
    20.Ryan Giggs. Past it or still of great importance to the team(be honest no one will slate you for your opinions in this thread - no one did last year anyway)
    Past it.-he's good in spurts but i haven't seen him carry it on without getting hurt, although that isn't really his fault.
    Look for a younger player. scholes seems to be playing better as of late but i still would like a young attacking midfielder to be brought in (see: rosicky)
    22.John O'Shea. Will he ever be the player he was in his debut season? (yes or no answer)
    No.
    Sell him.
    Sam Allardyce
    25.Who is the most improved player in the last year?
    Rooney. He was really good last year, but this year I think he is on a totally different level, at least in league play.
    silvestre. i can't recall if he started at benfica or not, but he has too many brain farts. if not then it's smith, love his tackling and commitment but his passing has been very poor.
    o'shea
    Rooney. He carries the team too often.
    The comeback to win the league in '03
    And your worst?
    the benfica loss probably, it was embarrassing mostly.
    yes, he is an important squad player.
    Rooney vs Newcastle.
    the demolition of arsenal at the library.
    34.Which club in the PL do you enjoy us beating the most?
    arsenal. two of my roomates are arsenal fans. needless to say the pic of henry standing dejected with the 4-2 score on the scoreboard in the background was posted on the fridge for awhile.
    35.Who is your favourite United player currently active at the club?(not to be confused with q3)
    Solskjaer
    36.IF we could bring back any 1 player who has left the club in the last 5yrs (in his current state NOT the state he was in when he left the club!) who would want back here? (you cannot pick Keane)
    Stam
    yes.
    no.
    o'shea
    BS Related Questions

billyireland
    nicephoras
    Toon Toon or toon squared or whatever he is called this week.
    motterman
    manutdgal-i often wonder what her life is like. is it in all caps like her posts?
    don't know.
    any of the group of ds, ireland, motter, achtung, numquam. the regular people who aren't borderline retarded.
    47.What has been your favourite thread this year (think back now folks)
    the billy ireland on skysports thread for some reason entertained me.
    48. Your most lurked on thread (lol, we all do it, share )
    hot women thread
    49. Funniest thread of the year?
    Howard out to get Edwin...eh im growing to tired to think back. but it gave me a chuckle.
    50.Erm, well I burned out a while ago so um... the 50th question will be..um.. have you enjoyed this thread?
    Sure have.

15. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok, here goes.

16. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK

:)

17. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Go on, have your fun - I'm just kidding with you guys

18. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC

4-2 over Arsenal at the Library

Endearing, not funny, the overwhelming tributes to George Best by United and non-United posters alike.

Going out of Champion's League and Europe altogether

Rooney

And the worst?

Of the first teamers, Silvestre

Rooney

My heart says we can still do it, but reality is that we'll probably finish solidly 2nd

Gattuso

Silvestre

Yes

He's Keano. He's my favorite player ever. It's just that simple.

Yes

Yes

Keep the player.

Yes, FA Cup and Carling Cup

Great hope.

I haven't seen enough of him to know.

Yes, but only in the sense that United and all teams that aspire to be domestic champions and Euro contenders need very strong squad players. To me, he'll always be more of a spot starter and squad rotation player.

Still of great importance, but mainly for the reasons stated above with regard to Fletcher. He simply can't go for 90 minutes on a regular basis anymore.

We should be looking for a younger player but Scholes has at least this season and next left in him.

No.

Keep him.

Alan Curbishley

Kieran Richardson

Silvestre

Ronaldo

Rooney

Giggs' Goal vs. Arsenal in the 99 FA Cup semifinal

And your worst?

When it became apparent that Glazer had the shares...

Yes. Most definitely.

Rooney's run and chip to Ruud for the chest and volley against Charlton a few weeks ago.

Arsenal at Highbury.

Liverpool

Giggsy (if you consider Ole as "not active")

Beckham

Yes

No

O'Shea

BS Related Questions

BillyIreland

Zani -- because it's always sooooo off the mark.

Coach McGuirk

Motter

I don't know why I say this but perhaps Father Ted

Probably NM

Motter

Any of the threads started by Coach when he lost his famous bets -- those were fantastic fun!

I lurk on our rivals' threads to see what they say about us -- but never really post there

Whichever thread -- and it may not have been on the United boards -- that had the parody song about "The Special One"

Yes, yes I have.

19. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Long live United!

20. Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United 4-Arse 2
    billy's tale of the killer sunburn and lesbian strippers
    Heinze's injury
    Rooney
    And the worst?
    O'Shea
    Rooney
    No
    The Holy German
    Ronaldo
    No

He was influencing the team negatively, and his talents were faded to the point that he wasn't worth the trouble he was causing.
    Yes
    No
    If this question refers to Ronaldo, I would take 20 mil no doubt.
    Carling Cup, FA Cup
    Both
    No clue (never seen him)
    Starter no, bench yes
    Important because he is still a good player, but obviously past his prime.
    Give him the rest of the season to find his form consistently, and if he can't replace him.
    No
    Keep him
    Hitzfeld
    I'll put Smith because of the improvement he has shown in a new position.
    Ronaldo (ducks flying trash)
    Ferdinand
    Rooney
    The treble
    And your worst?
    Going out of Europe this year
    Is Ji Sung Park going to make it as a Manchester United player? (again, I implore you to be honest)
    Yes
    Best United goal of the last year?[/b]
    O'Shea chip
    Not going to attempt to answer this
    Liverpool
    Rooney
    Forlan
    Yes
    No
    Scholes
    BS Related Questions

NM and billy
    I don't like trolls
    Threeway tie: toon toon, yossarian, and nicephoras
    Achtung
    DS
    sapphire
    DS
    Top 10 girls :D
    Hot Italian girls thread :D
    TV Thread

No, too much thinking

21. Uniteder

Uniteder New Member

Nov 27, 2005

4-2 vs Arsenal
    1-0 Ve chelsea

all of corny joke thread :D

Glazer, Henzie, Benfica game

Rooney

And the worst?

John O'shite

Rooney

err.... maybe

Gerrard

O'shea

YES!

cause our midfield is ********

no

no

Keep

Yes (fA cup Or Carling )

Hope

Hope

Not MUQ just yet

Hes a great player but hasnt been as good as he was before his last injury but to be fair he still isint fit yet.

By the summer we NEED a younger player

yes

sell

Rehire him

Fletcher

argh tough choice most of midfield is ******** , Ill go with O'shea

Ronaldo

Keane, argh anywasy Rooney

Treble

And your worst?

Last Season as a whole

YES!!!!!

Rooney VS Newcastle

4-2 VS Arse

Arsenal,Chelsea,Citeh the list goes on and on

Ruud,Rooney Ole (soon)

Beckham then Stam

ofcourse

Maybe

Scholes

BS Related Questions

Motterman

havent been here long so dunno but ill go with the rest Zani

dno

Motter

How much they all know about United never thought there were ppl like me :D

dno

StrikerCW

Top 10 Women :p

Corny jokes

dno

Too long lol

[​IMG]

Giggs will tear you apart

22. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!

Arsenal 2 Manchhester United Football Club 4.

Made great and more poigniant now because it was the last time Keane got to own Viera at his own ground..and the tunnel :D

Motter's posts in the Bestie thread.

The Glazer takeover. My team and location wont change until they go. I felt lost that entire week. Bestie's passing was a different kind of sentiment.

Rooney
    And the worst?

Silvestre

Rooney

No. But this seasons bonding and formulation of a Keaneless United stands us in good stead for next term.

Steven Gerrard.

Silvestre

No.

n/a

The team needs to move on. We have relied on the great man for so long a lot of the players never had to think/fight for themselves. Now we are slowly growing as an entire unit instead of getting all our energy from the fire of one man.

Yes.

Yes.

Keep the player.

Carling & F.A Cup

Hope

Hope

The united of 5yrs ago, no. The United of today, yes he is an important squaddie.

Still of great importance, when 'on' he's still our best winger.

He should remain, David Jones should be groomed to take over in the next 2yrs.

No, never.

If he stays fit for the next 3months i'll be convinced he's turned the corner and would say keep him. If he gets injured (and then recovers) again in that period, sell.

Big Phiil Scolari

Ruud - he is playing for the team now instead of vice versa.

Silvestre

Ronaldo

Rio.

Winning our first league title in decades in the early 90's.
    And your worst?

Liverpool winning so many titles in the 80's and singing about it everytime they came to O.T

Yes, squaddie with an intergral role when a 1st xi winger is out.

O'Shea's at the library, closely followed by Rooney's 3 vs Newcastle and boro.

The FA Cup final. :(

Liverpool. I would like to say Leeds, but they are ******** now (insert laughing smiley here)

Rooney

Stam

No. His game will be toned down - he wont be as kamakaze anymore.

No. We will see aan even smarter Ole who uses his brain more than his feet - position king.

I was going to say O'Shea, but it is tweety for me. He has been on the wane ever since his stellar half season next to Rio with howard behind them (rememeber that?) he was really, really impressive for about 6months and now he has regressed to a very large vegetable, or maybe a legume.

BS Related Questions

VR - a breath of fresh air, makes me laugh every day.
    Motterman - the perennial. :D

ZANI - by a mile.

Dutchfootballrulez

Motts - S.U & Glazers

50, Motts and Sapphire.

More than one:

Johno, billy, Sirmanc & L_U_F

VR, Motts, Sofabloke and machoward - all for very different reasons.

The TV thread makes me laugh every time I lurk there...

The TV thread - it's like an episode of Seinfeld in itself.

The TV thread

Thought more people would take part :( The numbers are down on last year!

23. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004

The 1-0 win over Chelsea at OT.

Cannot really say since I missed half of this year's posts.

The passing of Bestie last month.

Wayne Rooney

And the worst?

Silvestre

Wayne Rooney

Yes we can ala 1995-96. Anything can happen in Football just like it did in 1996 when we were 12 points behind in January. It means we need to
    beat Chelsea at SB just like we beat NUFC 1-0 at their ground that season
    and with a little help from our other EPL friends we can catch Chelsea.

Kaka from ACM.

Silvestre

No.

What is done is done and you cannot undo it. He is gone just like many others before him and MUFC must move on. There is no point trying to make it work again by bringing Keano back.

Yes.

No.

Which player? 20m would not be enough for Wayne Rooney or RVN for example. But any other player can go for 20m.

Yes. We are still in the 2 cups and still have a decent shot at EPL.
    A great shot at the CC and the FA Cup.

Great hope

Great hope

MUQ

Still of great importance to the team for this season and maybe one more season after this one.

Should still be our CAM in 2006. Look out for one in 2007.

Yes.

Sell him.

Fabio Capello from Juventus.

Rossi

Silvestre

RVN

Wayne Rooney

The European cup wins in 1968 and 1999.

And your worst?

Relegation to the then 2nd division in 1974.

Yes.

The Wayne Rooney goal in the 2-1 win against NUFC at OT.

The 4-2 win at Highbury on 01 Feb 2005.

Arsenal of course.

RVN

None.

Yes.

Yes.

Paul Scholes

BS Related Questions

BillyIreland

Phishy from the Arsenal Board

Coach from the Arsenal Board

DS

SirManchester for his artistic capabilities. Great drawings.

SirManchester

BillyIreland

The George Best thread.

The Most Beautiful Women thread.

The TV thread.

Yes.

24. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    I guess life just gets busier :)

25. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA

Hmm. How about our demolition of Arsenal last year?

Not specific, but Motterman screwing with trolls.

Going out against ********ing Benfica, Lille, and Villalareal.

Rooney

And the worst?

Silvestre

Scholes

Hahahahahaha. No.

Hmm. Great question. Finalists are Gerrard, Ballack, Vieira, and Ronaldinho. For needs' sake, I'll go with Gerrard.

Fletcher. I know the statistics on our winning %. I know how admired he is on this board. I'm usually pretty conventional - and I don't think I'm an idiot about soccer - but I just don't see it.

Yes.

He's still better than any other option we have at his position.

N/A/

No. If so, in an advisory capacity, which I can't see.

No

Sell him. He's going to leave eventually anyway.

Yes. Either the Carling or FA Cup.

Tremendous hope.

Hype. The physical limitations that will impact Rossi less at his position will doom Jones.

Not. Except, he is right now because of our dearth of midfield players.

Neither. Still a good player, not all that crucial.

Scholes is still as effective as ever, he's just been stretched beyond breaking with too much responsibility since his partner in midfield invariably sucks.

Yes, if he loses the weight and moves entirely to LB.

Sell him, if we could get 6m or more.

Good one. Anybody? I'll go ahead and say it, though it pains me immensely: Mourinho.

Good question. How about...Ruud, actually. He's approaching something of his 2001-2003 form.

Silvestre.

Ronaldo

Scholes

I'd probably say the 2002-2003 championship.

And your worst?

Going out against Bayer Leverkusen in 2002. Were were 8,248 times better than them, and I think we could have won it all.

Yes, but as a rotation player.

Rooney (pick one) against Fenerbahce.

Against Arsenal.

Chelsea. They suck in every sense of the word. I have more respect for Arsenal and Liverpool.

Scholes

Good question. How about...Forlan. He never got enough credit while he was here.

Yes.

No.

Giggs.

BS Related Questions

Johno.

I hate trolls. :mad:

Lots of 'em, actually. Maybe nicephoras.

Hmm. Lots of 'em.

billyireland.

eh, not touching this one

impossible

Has to be one of the Father Ted bet threads.

no clue. probably one of the arsenal "we're doomed" threads.

Motterman rap thread.

yes, though I don't like picking favorite posters.