Fergie Won't Shutup

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 6, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    FERGIE: VIEIRA WANTED TO JOIN UNITED

Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira wanted to join Manchester United last season, but the move was blocked by the Highbury board...

Sporting Life

Gunners hold fire on Fergie taunts

Arsenal will not seek to extend their feud with Manchester United into the new season, despite a fresh bout of taunts from Sir Alex Ferguson about his biggest rivals...

SoccerNet

2. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
  3. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's such an ass.

4. Gunnersaurus

Gunnersaurus Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Jurassic Period
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks like he's trying to psych up his own players, as if they don't have swell enough heads to start off with...

-G. Rex

5. JohnW

JohnW Member

Apr 27, 2001
    St. Paul
    One more reason to hate ManU and Fergie.

6. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Does this mean that, deep down inside, we all want to be Man U fans as well?

Geez, didn't he learn anything from last season? Mind games with Arsene only end up making HIM look like an idiot. And that excellent disciplinary record was certainly on display when Arsenal went to Manchester and took home a certain trophy with them.

7. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Who is this guy? Isn't he some escapee from a mental ward that has no ideas since his assistant left him? Why bother with him?

BTW - Why would Viera want to leave a double winning side to go somewhere that failed to bring any silverware last season?

8. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    How would Red Nose know that Vieira wanted to play at ManUre unless he had approached him illegally?

Ferguson's undoubtedly a great manager who's finally met his match. Used to jousting with the Kevin Keegans of the world, his attempts at what he thinks are mind games fall flat every time.

9. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Here's The Fiver's take:

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Sounds like the baby needs to be changed.

11. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The response from Wenger...

http://www.football365.com/All_News/News_Features/story_36748.shtml

We'll be even better this season and haven't reached anywhere near our potential! I can't wait to see it (in fact, I received my season ticket today and I want the season to start so badly I'm fit to burst!). I especially like the crack about Man Yoo being favourites only because "More people want to bet on them". Is M. Wenger implying that the United fans having a flutter are wasting their money and that any sane person would be betting on us??

12. Goonerchick

Goonerchick New Member

Oct 25, 2001
    USA
    AW must be dying with laughter at the way he routinely gets Sir Phalex to take the piss out of himself in the international media...

Thank God we have an intelligent, sane manager instead of a walking, talking raisin!!!

13. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

i must say if there is one person i really dislike it is fergie. He is an arogant b@$t@rd. he always comments on anything which has nothing to do with him. I think he should be prosecuted for an illeagal approach to a player under contract (wont happen but it would be nice).

Im still a bit p$$ed about semi's last year so i hope liverpool win championship.....second thoughts i hate them also.

Fuk it

Boro for the title......

14. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Sir Alex, Just Shut Up!

Funny, I thought the team that won the league championship was considered to be the best club and the one everyone wanted to go to. For those of you in the States, see if you can get Sir Alex nominated for the "Just Shut Up" weekly award on Mike & Mike in the morning on ESPN Radio.

15. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Re: Sir Alex, Just Shut Up!

Why is it Fergie always says players want to play for the biggest teams......Like you say I thought it was for the best teams and ManU is not the best.