Fergie given 2 game ban from FA

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by sch2383, Oct 20, 2003.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
  2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Fergie should be gracious and then grant an interview with the Beeb, Sky, The Sun, The Mirror, etc. and go on about how important it is to respect the referees and behave professionally on the pitch - right before Arsenal's appeal over their players violent conduct and improper conduct charges are set to be heard.

4. Pinesol13

Pinesol13 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    NY

lol! that would be hilarious!

I don't get why Arsenal fans are whining...It took 2 months, which isn't unusual.

5. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe they should admit to misconduct during the Arsenal/ManU match, much like the AFC did. Then we wouldn't think so badly of him.

6. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what that has to do with a match that took place several weeks prior. Even if Arsenal admit to misconduct, does that mean Man United should, even if our players feel that they are innocent?

All the griping in the Arsenal forum seems to be over the supposed leniency shown towards United.

7. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    This is just a taste of the payback the FA wants to dish out to United for the Rio incident. THe FA are prolly pissed at Fergie for "not controlling his players" so as to prevent a boycott of the Turkey game. &^%$ing FA can (*&$ my &*^$!

8. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    >after blasting a touchline tirade at fourth official Jeff Winter.

Don't you just love the way the press make no attempt whatsoever to comment on what actually happened?

I've just watched the "tirade" on the news (yes, even here in Australia). Ferguson had quietened down after arguing with Rennie and was walking quietly away from the dugout (presumably sent "off"). As he walks away he suddenly decides to say something to Winter. He turns around, walks up to him and declares "You're a f--cking joke!" (then embellishes that a little) and walks away.

No "tirade", just an objective comment on the official's lack of action over a blatant card offence that went unpunished :D

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are complaining about how long it took to bring up the charges on Fergie, eh? Sol's hearing from the Community Shield took just as long (if not, longer).

Then they are complaining about the actual punishment itself. And one is even claiming that Fergie's parting shouts towards the fourth official is worse than the Arsenal player's actions in the Old Trafford bust up! LOL!

10. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    My personal favorite from the Arsenal board is the guy who still thinks there was "a little bumping" at the end of our match. I can see it now "oh, come on officer it was just a little discussion. Those Turkish fans barely even touched the Leeds fans." I can see this guy working on the Ted Bundy defense team!

11. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    I guess those Arse fans can't the irony in complaining about this incident and the ban & fine.
    too funny alright.

12. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wouldnt call a 2 match ban lenient.

Which is better a high fan or a small fine with a ban. SAF can afford a fine. You shouldnt swear at the ref but some refs make your blood boil. Footy is a game of passion, sometime passion takes over.

Ceefax said hes banned for the Fulham game and the league cup game against Leeds. Better just accept it and move on there are bigger fish to fry with FA.

13. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    I read this morning that he has accepted it and will move on. :)