Fenerbahce v United - CL - 12/8 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Dec 6, 2004.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Not to mention that it just doesn't have the same impact when they're out of the competition after this meaningless game lol

2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should, however, defend my boy Andriy F. Shevchenko by pointing out that he only scored the goal--Crespo is the one who dove to get the free kick. ;)

3. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    That's right, it was Crespo who dove. Thanks for straightening that out.

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of dives, did anybody see Ronaldo's dive against Roma in the CL match on Wednesday?

A magnificent run where he dribbled through 3 or 4 defenders and instead of creating space and unleashing a shot he fell down and drew a penalty to get them a 2-0 lead. Truly shameful, he's lucky there wasn't any fans to throw missiles at him from the stands....

The commentators don't really ever call a player a cheat, but they skirted around the word as closely as possible, and rightly so.

5. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought the same thing about being lucky there were no fans there.

6. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    There were more Turkish fans defending their team after we trounced them at Old Trafford. I expected at least a couple of them to extol the wonder of their pyrric victory. And how this means their inglorious defeat (and group stage exist) were both somehow flukes.