Felipe Caicedo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecuafutbolfreak, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Felipe Caicedo - Official Thread

I know. Thats why I said "hopefully"...;)

2. robinfriday10

robinfriday10 New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    adelaide

caicedo's got the opportunity to prove himself as city arent scoring too many, vassell wont play up front anymore only benjani and elano will. caicedo looks big and strong .hopefully he can bang a few away;)

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Thanks for your input...I hope he has success with Man City...I team I've always sort of liked, maybe cause I hate man U, or I've always respected Didi Hamman or it might be simply because I am an Oasis fan - who knows, but I'll be cheering for them in the EPL!

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Man City reserves beat Everton reserves 4-2.

Goals: 1-0 (Caicedo 6), 2-0 Castillo (15), 3-0 (Mpenza 16), 4-0 (Mpenza 48).

5. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

When does Man City play Wigan?

6. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

March 1st 12:15pm EST

7. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

man c 0-0 wigan was a pretty bad game... the good thing though was that caicedo got a about 30 minutes of play, the thing was he was subbed in for elano who isnt a foward but a midfielder ,he had a few good plays...overall he didnt do to bad ...as for valencia he had a good game helped out a bit on defense and broke some ankles, he just couldnt put in a good center...

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guys.... as fellow ecuadorians that you all are to me.. I need your input and responses on this thread https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664990 that has to do about how our sovereignty and territory was violated by Colombia about a day and half ago due to the killing of Raul Reyes, high command leader of las FARC.

Guys this is a very serious situation the country is in basically because our sovereignty was violated.

9. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  10. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

The kid looked lost and confused.The coach lo mando como puntero izqueirdo.Felipao is better on the right side or arancando desde el medio del campo arastrando marca.Sorry pero aun le falta mucho,the coach also no lo sabe ubicar.I think he will do better playing along side Castillo que Elano.

11. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

w.e. it is they better fix it, if remember it right they havent won since beating man u in old trafford...
    that foward they got up in the box ummm benjani or sum shit like that, he's been ********ing up to much and thats why they havent scored a goal for like 3 games striaght...they should give caicedo a try in that position....

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Benjani is a good striker but he scores in waves, and right now he's on the dropping end of a good streak from when he was in Portsmouth....Nery Castillo and Caicedo will be a formidable attack duo soon!

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Communication should not be a problem for these two either! ;)

14. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
  15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It would have been nice to see him score. Maybe he could get more than 15 minutes a game if it had gone into the net.

16. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

i saw the game and all im saying is it wouldve been almost impossible for any striker to score from that angle... it either was going wide or striaght to the keeper... he had a couple of good runs up the field where he showed off his great dribble and ball control though, and he definitely made his presence known with his three fouls...
    hopefully he begins to lose that nervousness becuase thats his biggest problem right now...
    AND THEY SHOULD GIVE HIM A DAMN CHANCE IN BENJANI'S POSITION BECUASE THAT KID AINT SCORING ANYWAYS... WHEN A MIDFIELDER AND A DEFENDER SCORE YOUR GOALS TO WIN YOUR FIRST GAME IN LIKE 5 FIXTURES YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR FOWARD.

17. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

So I am going to resurrect this thread. Seems that Boca wants Felipe Caicedo. He better not get benched.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I thought Boca snubbed Caicedo....

19. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC

This guys has a bright future! He needs to work in his positioning inside the box and his aereal game! He has the tools to become one of the best strikers in the world!
    I'm being for real! how many players his size you see dribbiling defenders with so much ease? one come to mind! Ronaldo in his best days!

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

City reserves lose 1-0 at Everton 17/09/2008 06:45

City's reserve team fell to a 1-0 defeat away at Everton last night in their second Barclays Premier Reserve League North fixture of the season.
    The Manchester Blues couldn't match the season opening win against Wigan as Everton kept up their 100% thanks to Lukas Jutkiewicz's 68th minute driven winner.

Glyn Hodges fielded a young team, but boasted Premier League and international experience in the powerful Felipe Caicedo, who proved to be City's best player on the night.

The Ecuadorian striker almost broke the deadlock on 22 minutes as he latched on to a Vladimir Weiss pass before shrugging off a challenge from Barnett, rounded keeper Turner, only to see Cory Sinnott and John Irving combine to clear his effort off the line.

It remained fairly even up until half time as neither keeper had much do to during the first 45 minutes.

Into the second half Caicedo should have broken the deadlock but somehow headed the ball into the ground and onto the crossbar, while Jutkiewicz, baring down on Johansen's goal, was hauled back by a late offside decision.

Caicedo continued to be a thorn in the Everton side, but despite outmuscling Irving in the penalty area on 50 minutes, he found the brave Turner blocking his path.

Another chance came and went has the former Basle striker headed over again soon after and, a half-chance for Agard aside, City were well on top.

Yet it was Everton who finally find the goal the game had deserved as Jutkiewicz found space inside the box and drilled a hard shot low across the face of Johansen's goal on 68 minutes.

Caicedo was replaced by James Poole on 74 minutes but City couldn't claim the goal and point they were worthy of in the end.

Next up for Hodges's young side is a trip to Hull in two weeks' time.

City:
    Johansen, Logan, McGivern, McDonald, Mee, Clayton, Weiss, Marshall, Caicedo (Poole 74), D.Ball, Williamson.

unused subs: Hartley (GK), Morris, Tsiaklis, Ramsey.

Leon Collins

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

At least he's playing somewhere, and getting noticed.

I didn't see the game, but I can imagine him slicing through a reserve squad defense like butter.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Great find, Manolo!!!

23. loraz

loraz New Member