Felipão talks about his return to Seleção

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luiz Felipe Scolari, revealed yesterday that he doesn't deny returning to the comando of Brasil. Besides that, Felipão said that Ronaldo, that went from Real Madrid too Milan, is on his opinion the best Brasilian forward in activity and would be on his seleção.

-" The desire comes and goes. At this time my desire is to stay in Europe for at least another 3 years. But I would work on a Brasilian team or even the Seleção - said the gaúcho.

www.diariogaucho.com.br

ps: I know people that are friends with his kids and they said the only thing keeping him in Portugal are the fact his kids are going to school there. Once they are done, he's getting out of there. That would explain his "3 years in Europe" timeline. I like Felipao, he's from my neck of the woods and we all know he can get things done. But Ronaldo???? Seriously!!! In that case. Stay away from the Selecao.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will only believe that he will return when I see him on our sidelines again.

As for Ronaldo, if he is in good form, I don't see why he shouldn't play. If he is out of shape and does nothing for the team, than I agree he shouldn't play for us.

3. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    he was right in 2002 in bringing him and leaving Romario which seemed the entire country wanted him to go

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You mean kinda like in 2006, when he shouldnt even be there. That guy was nothing but deat weight the last wc. His days are over.

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Ohh yeah.. 2002... I remember! How long ago was that? Five years right?! We have another 3 years till the next wc, that means 8 years from that event. People should not think because the guy did his job in great form once that he must do it forever. Romario, yes the great 1000 goals Romario was cut on that wc, why do they want to keep Ronaldo forever (media, some managers and even some fans?) are we mexico now that will play a guy till he dies just because they cant create new talent?? We have at least 10 guys that can take ronaldos place today. Till the next wc, we might even have more. Enough is enough. Ronaldo should just retire.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That wasn't Felipão who called Ronaldo, that was Parreira. Anyways, I was in favor of an attack consisting of Adriano and Robinho. Ronaldo was at Real, where any player, young or old, goes to waste. He was out of shape and wasn't in form, which isn't exactly the case since he arrived at Milan.

As long as Ronaldo continues to improve and Felipão does become our coach, I wouldn't mind seeing Ronaldo there because I know he chose him for the right reasons and not because of some record.

7. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    when he gets fit he will be great again and come down, he is only 30 years

8. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    All you have to do is check the numbers....

9. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    yeah 2002 scolari was dead on ..though i will never forgive sclolari for how he treated my all time favorite player, romario.it was romario who helped the selecao qualified but scolari shiite on him and thats why i cant stand scolari!! but now.. ronaldo as much as i love him dont have it like that anymore but then again there aint no brasilian striker out there that can get the job done better than ronlado even at the moment. none has shown up actually. my boy adriano is up and down, fred.....nothing there really..sorbis nahh and ricardo oliveira? gee ronaldo is even out performing him at milan! so scolari might have a point! bring back o fenemeno now!!!1:)

10. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you believe that, I have a bridge I want to sell you. CBF,NIKE and etc had no part??? It was all parreira?? Are you kidding me?!

I was more or less on those lines. Robinho for certain, I think he can be more useful playing as a LF but so does Adriano, I would have used Robinho with Fred on 2006.

Ronaldo only cares for himself and his stupid records. I can't stand him since the 98 fiasco, and despite the 2002 win I still hate his guts! I much rather have won in 98 and lost in 2002 with dignity. Damn Ronaldo.

11. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

30 years is too old for the selecao, especially as a centroavante. C'mon lets get some young blood in the case. We're not that lame to depend on someone like that. If Romario was cut, I can't see why this guy will get any special treatment.

12. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    the romario's cut isn't a reason to brazil win.

brazil win because the players who play.

if romario go to the cup brazil still can win, like win in 94 with him, probably could win in 98 with him too.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you believe that, than you better hope that Pato develops quick because Brazil only has good strikers today. This year will be Pato's first full season as a pro, so I think he should develop a lot (hopefully). Gone are the days of a striker of Ronaldo or Romario's calibur.

Adriano: Good striker, but gets into too many personal issues.
    Robinho: Struggling at Real, but I hope he can turn it around.
    Fred: Great striker, but I don't think he will ever be on the level of a Ronaldo or Romario.
    Sobis: Great player at Inter, average player at Betis. Maybe he will improve, but he will be nothing more than another good striker.
    Vagner Love: Average striker..

Other than Pato, I really don't see any strikers coming out of the youth ranks that is making a lot of noise like Ronaldo did.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sure, CBF and Nike had a hand in the decision but Parreira was also one of the Ronaldo supporters. If you saw that Leitura Labial for the Japan game, you wold have seen how happy Parreira was after Ronaldo scored followed by a few choice words directed towards the doubters of Ronaldo.

Here is the video I am referring to: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WTqBQZZiT20

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While I agree we need to look for new blood in the striker position, why the hell do you blame him for 98 ???

As somebody said before, if Felipao calls Ronaldo, it's because Ronaldo has changed. I really trust Felipao's judgement.

16. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i dont think he is struggling, he is there best offensive player, he just cant score goals like he use to for Santos

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    IMO, he is struggling. He doesn't score the goals he did at Santos because nobody used him as a midfielder like Capello does :rolleyes:

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have no doubt that after the u-20 Wc there will a national claim, both from the press and fans to have Pato Alexandre on the NT as the main striker.

He's putting his carrer on the garbage and won't be of any use to the nt.

Has a future on the nt for sure. As long as he doesn't get involved with Ronaldo or Adriano

True, but sometimes average is better then great. We don't need a team made with 11 players that are 100% good. If we have a 100% midfield that can pass and right and have vision we can be even more damaging. Even Washington would do then. Fact is we must play as a team all together rather than counting only on ronaldo to get the job done.

19. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Where have you been? Were you sleeping all those years?

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What ? Because he got convulsions hours before the game and still played ? That's not why we lost the final.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree we don't need a team filled with 100% superstars, but I believe we need a striker of great quality that can make a difference in the game with one key strike. Each of our WC teams since I remember watching (1994) have had those kind of strikers.

I know as an Inter fan you believe Pato may be the one and I hope you are right, but for the rest of us, atleast me, I can only be skeptical until I see him actually BE that kind of striker for the NT.

22. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It has nothing to do with being Inter fan. I personally hate the fact Pato is selecao material? Do you think I like that? We won't have him for the most vital Libertadores period because we'll be with Selecao. Inter has lost a clear shot at getting a spot on Libertadores 2004 because our attack at the time (Nilmar and Daniel Carvalho) were playing and winning the 2003-u20 WC. There's no reason for any of us Inter fans to want this guy out of our team for no reason. I follow the Brasileirao since 79 and the selecao since then. I watched as Ronaldinho got started and I said then to many friends that we was going to be big on the selecao and they said I was bairrista (since he was a gremio player they could not use that "you are a fan of his team that's why you say that"). I follow futebol for decades now. I can see a player and tell what he's capable of. Pato is the man for the job. As painful as it is for me as a Inter fan, since that means we'll loose him.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, but Pato will most likely be in Europe by the time he becomes a mainstay in the Selecao.

24. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    in an interview he had on a TV show, i dont know which, he said his main goal right now is to move to Europe, it was the show where Luxemburgo(sp?) got into a fight with Macerlinho

25. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We'll loose the kid, no questions about that. He'll be out of Inter by the end of the year, perhaps sooner. Worst case scenario (for us) by the end of libertadores and no later than the end of Brasileirao. I only wish that we could help us win something either the BI of Libertadores or Brasileirao(since we got so close the past 2 years, one being robbed blind and the other having a few shortcomings). But I already know he won't be here for Libertadores so I guess we Inter fans are out of luck. And yes, he's maing goals it to move to Europe.

Inter, Milan, Real Madrid one of the 3 is his destination.