Feels like.....Californication [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by jamison, Aug 13, 2007.

1. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Showtime's new series Californication premiered tonight, and holy SH!T, it's fabulous.

It's like the evil version of Entourage, with an Anti-star and twice...ney...three times the nudity.

[​IMG]

If you haven't checked it out, do yourself a favor, it's fully worth the 30 minutes. Instant Tivo season pass.

2. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    I loved it, great 30 minutes of television. It was funny, it had boobage, and Duchnovy is the perfect man for the lead role. This show has tons of potential, cant wait to see what is in store the rest of the season

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    best line: you have a look on your face like I just fingerbanged your cat.

4. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed it more than I thought I would for sure. The moment when he was "introduced," to Mia at his baby mama's house and they shook hands and then, mia, I believe shook her hand like he had a powerful handshake but it was just smarting from punching Hank in the face was a great little bit of physical comedy.

Hooray for boobies of course.

For a pilot it was very good and I hope it continues with that quality.

5. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice adult show. Mia is 16, R-I-G-H-T!! Hollywood still insists on having 23 year old actors play 16 year olds. Duchovny is great in this role. A total prick. I'll keep watching this one.

6. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Well, having a 16 year-old play her would've been sorta, you know, illegal.

7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm glad someone started this thread as I didn't see it last week after the premiere. I loved the first episode. I was dying of laughter. Yet at the same time I believe this show is going to have an interesting take on male/female relationships and the dissolution of love.

When she punched him in the face while they were ********ing I couldn't believe it at first and had to rewind. Then I couldn't stop laughing. Same with when the daughter thought the naked lady was sick because she didn't have any hair down there. Brilliant.

I've always liked Duchovny as an actor and this could be the perfect role for him. When he was on Kimmel he ribbed Jimmy for how original the name of The Jimmy Kimmel Show and The Sarah Silverman Show were. Jimmy shot back, "At least we didn't steal our name from a Red Hot Chili Peppers song."

Another hit show for Showtime.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will see how this pans out. I felt it was a bit on the titilation side. His character is a pretty reprehensible guy so far. Not much to care about or like which is tough considering I really liked his character in the X-Files. He looks like every other leading guy in Hollywood these days with the stupid 5 o'clock shadow and the bedhair look. Real sleazy looking. None of the charm he has from his interviews and other roles.

9. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Why even bring up the X-files? Just because you liked the character an actor played in one series doesnt mean you will like him in another. I think he has plenty of likeable aspects, if you are a hard drinking womanizer and appreciate sharp, sarcastic wit. I actually appreciate his portrayal of Hank. The writers refuse to turn him into the sniveling ********** of a man that seems to be in every show these days.

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I enjoyed the 2nd episode almost as much as the first. Laughed hard a quite a few times. Also it expanded to show that Hank knows he's not at a good place in his life currently and wants to get better but he also knows it will be a hard thing for him to attempt.

11. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I certainly didn't say I want him to be the next Ross ala Friends, but in the first episode he was not likeable.

12. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second episode was much, much better and a lot funnier too. Hank was more likeable and the future ex-wife's husband is just totally wrong for her. The guy is a total loser and ugly too boot.

The gal Hank bangs and pukes with was some piece. I want to see her character stay on the show. Same thing with the hot blond adult actress. Some pretty damn funny lines about obsession about one's appearance by both women.

Interesting to see how Hank reacts to Daddy's little girl and LA Hell now that he knows who owns it.

13. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap episode 2 was funny has hell! For anyone who hasn't seen it yet please refrain from drinking anything while watching it. It was way over the top but hysterical. Puking on the painting was the best part.

14. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mia: What's wrong with a little fcuking and punching among consenting adults?
    Hank: well, first, you're not an adult....

As said above the stoned scene in the bedroom with the puking was great. Particularly funny were Hank's jabs at Scientology.

I'm really digging the show. The constant rotation of boobs is a real plus. Hank always trying to grab his ex in passing no matter the situation just cracks me up. I'm hooked.

15. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but he was doing that 15 years ago...

16. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I disagree. He looked much more clean cut in his real life than he does in this series and unlike that idiot Tom Cruise, he showing that he is every bit of 40 something.

17. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another great episode. Who thinks that Hank's "gift" to his boss/ex's finance will come back and bite him in the SS? How funny was Hank's agent firing and then re-hiring his secretary after discovering that she was a Suicide Girl? Great stuff. Anyone else notice that Tim Matheson (of Animal House fame) was the director of the episode?

18. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent third episode. This show is improving every week. Very funny.

19. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    So the actress who plays Mia has been on TV before. She was the youngest child on "The Nanny" and must have started that when she was 10 or so.

20. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  21. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    This show is really funny. I think the first episode was still the best, but 2 and 3 got a bit more into his character, developing the like-ability a bit more. Still bitingly funny, and great in a "root for the crazy drunk" kind of way.

Also, the link above is nice and all, but there is nudity in it, so you probably shouldn't link it (sorry to be that guy). The hottest chick so fare has been the Alison MeiLan, of the "defile me" line. O!M!G!.

22. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I love this show, and man it does look good in HD.

"Consider yourself defiled!"

23. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Another great episode. I am liking this a whole lot more than Entourage lately.

24. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This show is really hitting it for quality. Hank's character is really becoming someone the viewer can see who knows he's a jerk and wants to make himself better. The struggle of making himself a better person and working on his personal relationships is an excellent one to be portrayed by Duchovny. With the sex and relationships I think it does a better job of what HBO's Tell Me You Love Me is trying to say but they mix in actual humor too.

I, for one, would really like Hank not to end up with Ex. I think it would be a great for him to find the right woman and still be able to have a good relationship with ex. Almost a twist now-a-days on TV. Just as long as Ex doesn't marry B-to-the-I-to-the-double L nig nog.

I dig Black Jesus.

25. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show is very good. It's sharp without being ridiculously over-written. The characters a interesting and deep. I like it more every week.