News: Fee Agreed for Aaron Ramsey

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    TERMS AGREED WITH CARDIFF-

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6610831

Reds to sign Ramsey

Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms with Cardiff City for the transfer of Aaron Ramsey subject to terms being agreed and the player passing a medical.

2. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Aaron Ramsey

Loaning him back to Cardiff for a season would be a good idea. If he is to become a top central midfielder then he needs to develop his strength and stamina. He certainly seems to have the vision and passing. He does not have the pace to be a winger.

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From his Wiki Page:

4. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007

Are you basing that on the 20-min runout in the FA Cup final??

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Freaking sweet. The dude's one heck of a talent, you could see it in him. Not exactly sure what his position is but it looked like attacking midfield when I saw him in the final.

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Clean slate. He hasn't got Giggsy pace but he is no slouch either. I think he has the talent to be shaped into whatever player we want him to become.

8. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've seen him called the "new Gerrard" in recent papers. Not sure if he's similar or not.

All good for us though. Young and promising and at a decent price. If the boy was Egnlish you could treble that price.

9. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good news, hopefully the boy will put pen to paper to seal it soon. Good to see us signing talent from the UK.

Not sure about his pace either, but the report I read on him put him at medium. Compare that to the pace of our wide players these days, and you can see why people are putting him in CM.

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Yeah, he was sort of floating around in that attacking area of the field, not sticking to any particular position, which would make him ideal for our interchanging system. He's also extremely good technically and you could see he was always a step ahead of his teammates, causing break downs in communication at times. He'll fit in well with us.

11. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Loan him to a Premiership quality club, immediately. Given the number of clubs interested, I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances to show his talent. No need to plan on using him before 2009.

12. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good to see us going for the kid... I don't know much about him but because of our transfer record over the last few seasons I'd be exited over almost any young player we signed since I have great faith in the current scouting setup. I needed some good transfer news right now to cheer me up and even if this isn't a huge deal it still goes some way towards raising my spirits...

13. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007

I don't think Ramsey has ever really been considered a winger. He's played there for Cardiff, yes, but only really in the same sort of way that most junior players are put on the flanks to get experience under their belt. The only thing I've really been able to find on him for those of us (myself included) who have only heard how good Ramsey is without any real detail behind the claim is this scout report by Steve Claridge in the Guardian. If anyone is able to find any similar sort of information, or if there are any Cardiff City fans out there able to give us any insight into this player's present and future, please do!

14. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

That report makes him sound a bit Paul Scholes-ish with a bit better physique...

15. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Yep. It doesn't really touch on his shooting abilities, so he currently sounds like a latter day Scholes. It'll be interesting to see if he has a growth spurt in the next few years a la the 5'10" Ronaldo we signed and the 5'8" (off the top of my head) Steven Gerrard Liverpool debuted.

16. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We've not signed him yet. Apparently Arsenal have also agreed a bid. Whoever runs the United website should be shot. They should not be saying anything until it's a done deal.

17. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    He's a United fan and his hero is Ryan Giggs. We're also the European and Premier League Champions. Wtf would he go to Arsenal?

18. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Playing time? Otherwise I can't see a reason.

19. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Some say he's a Liverpool fan. Let's just see what happens.

Obviously if he signs for United then he's a future WPOTY.

If he signs for Liverpool or Arsenal then he's a useless overrated lump that they've wasted money on.

20. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I have also seen him being called as an Arsenal fan:p:D

21. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    His idol is Ryan Giggs, why would he go anywhere else but Manutd?

22. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you're smart then you go where you have the best chance of progressing your career. God knows he'd instantly be a standout player at Arsenal considering he's Welsh.

23. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reverse pyschology from a Arsenal fan. Didn't even think it was possible. :eek:

24. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Well gee wilickers he'll certainly fail here then.