Federation Succession?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by JACKRABBIT, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, I just remember that the Yanks kicked ass in Nashville last week, just like they did back in 1865.

So I guess the point of this thread was that some guy thought that west coast players were better than east coast players but the reality is east coast players are much better?

2. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie Pope disagrees, sir.

3. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Carson, Cali
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...there some go putting their stamp on my wish for sucession, assuming I think the Westcoasters are better than the Eastcoasters. That's a debate for another forum.

I just feel that if Cali, Oregon, Washinton, and Hawaii just split and created a new federation dedicated to the advancement of association football at the highest levels, all that would be needed is a basic understanding of a new philosophy and adherence to a WestSide system of footballing. The climate would be a mixture of England(Wash and Northern Oregon), France(Southern Oregon and Northern Cali), and Spain, Portugal, and the rest of the southern Mediterranean Europe and northern Mediterranean Africa(Southern Cali).

It would be for organizational purposes mainly that this new Federation would be primed in 4 years to make the quarters, and 8 years to be expected to make the quarters, ala England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Brasil, Argentina... GUARANTEED!!!

4. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Ah I get it now. We're getting trolled.

5. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they are getting sneakier these days arent they:D

6. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Carson, Cali
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, not even attempting to troll, just frustrated with US Soccer and the stagnant old philosophies they adhere to. If I must live in a country whose Federation has no passion nor understanding for success internationally, and no desire to attain the raw talented youngsters in the country, maintains a "retreat" attitude for World Cups, 1 semi-final in it's history(with all the true talent that never gets the chance for the country), and, I suspect, the highest levels of the Federation being gifted by the FA, UEFA, and FIFA to not fufill the country's true cababilities in the sport, than yes, I've got issues with US Soccer...but still root for the squad regardless of the "policies" and "philosophies" that the Federation "sells".

Throw all of the "puppets" out of the hierarchy of US Soccer and replace then with true passionate and knowledgable football personnel and everything would go in a positive direction internationally for our country. So, being this highly unlikely with the entrenched hierarchy we have, I just want a Federation that really puts the U.S. first, before the wishes of the FA, UEFA, and FIFA.

So, again I propose...Cali, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington, with the climate and a "Westside" philosophy and understanding of what is needed for success internationally, would be primed in 8-12 years to be expected to be in quarters every 4 years...and would include all the "truly talented" youngsters from their youth. Those players from the rest of US Soccer's territory would be welcomed in the Federation, if they so desired to be in a system like Brasil, Argentina, Italia, Germany,...etc....and those players in the West who still want to go along with US Soccer's crap system, would be invited to leave for the "Eastside" federation...

7. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

EASTSIDE!!!!!

8. Gavroche

Gavroche New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Would having new federation leadership suddenly get the best athletes to start playing soccer?

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Southern Argentina is pretty damn cold.

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    What philosophy? Can you articulate it?

Incidentally, the last Westside coach we had was Steve Sampson.

Oh and by the way, ask a mod to fix your thread title. I think you meant secession, not succession.

11. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Carson, Cali
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The U.S. has so much raw talent that never gets an opportunity to advance in association football that it's pathetic. Like I suggested earlier, this is no coincidence, imo. The "system" US Soccer has designed is one bent on the stagnation of the sport in the U.S., for the benefit of overseas "pride". US Soccer, for a very long time, has been a Federation that has not put the domestic interests first; rather that of the FA, UEFA, and FIFA, and with the "royalties" the US Soccer hierarchy gets for those efforts, it wont end anytime soon.

The talent is there now to be a world "player", but that talent isn't tapped into by US Soccer, and one of the attitudes that has been given to association football in the U.S. is that it's a "club" sport for the youngsters to maybe get an ACC education.

12. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Carson, Cali
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I said "Southern Brasil", and was referring to the central and northern parts of Argentina, including the parts around Uruguay...let's see that's 9 World Cups right there.

13. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Carson, Cali
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, messed up with sucession...it's one of those words I have to usually think about before writing, and 90% of the time usually correct, u know, is it 1 c with 2 esses, 2 c's with 2 esses, etc.(?)

Anyway, the philosophy I'm referring to has little to do with the field manager, more to do with the hierarchy with US Soccer, and the way they have presented the sport in the U.S. for a long time, which ignores much of the truly talented youngsters who may not be as "privilaged", in favor of the "soccer moms" wishes, that her child can use soccer as a means for an ACC education.