Feb 10th Blue-Out Rally

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakes4cup, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    [​IMG]

Wonder if it comes in blue.

2. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    I think everyone has terrific ideas for this game. I think the fortune cookies are agood idea but how about a magnet instead? It is more permanent. Or even a bumper sticker. T-shirts are a must IMHO and selling them outside the park on game day is a great way to raise funds and awareness.

Anyhow, who is in charge of keeping donations? Does SSV have a treasurer? I pledge $100 to the cause. Someone let me know where to send my check.

3. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    What the hell is that? Futristic jockstrap? Looks uncomfortable. I was thinking of a Quake's baseball cap or beanie.

[​IMG]

4. angra

angra New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    myfootongarbers'ass

A real rally. With thousands ( bring the whole family ) not just the few that showed up at the last meeting. And one more thing, call it a protest, not a rally. I don't mean for us to turn into a mob. All I'm saying is let's not worry about whose toes we as fans step on. Sometimes I feel that SSV worries too much in this area.

5. atypicalquakesfan

atypicalquakesfan Go Houston!

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    I think that the "Blue-out" rally is a great idea. We have our tickets already, and I will be there in Earthqakes blue, and probably some US red as well. Hat, jersey, scarf--I can accomodate both colors, I'm sure. We're in Section L127; where are the rest of you sitting?

Also, note that this is a friendly with Japan. If anybody wants to put up banners or signs in Japanese, I can translate.

- Holly Ward

6. atypicalquakesfan

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    We should do both. I'd love to see a bunch of us downtown for every damn City Council meeting until we get our Quakes back.

- Holly Ward

7. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    Hmm, won't we scare the Japanese viewers with pro-Earthquake signs? :D

8. atypicalquakesfan

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    No worries, they're used to earthquakes! ;)

Seriously though, there are two different words in Japanese for earthquake. "Jishin" refers to the actual shaking of the ground, while "shinsai" means "earthquake disaster". We can just use "jishin" on the signs.

Although to be honest this whole mess feels more like a "shinsai".

- Holly Ward

9. atypicalquakesfan

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    Wait, what am I saying? They wouldn't use a native Japanese word to refer to our team, they'd spell it out phonetically in Katakana: クエクス. (I hope the Japanese characters are readable.)

- Holly Ward

10. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    They aren't.

11. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I would love to take part in this. It is after all, one of the only ways to keep our Quakes alive in the Bay Area. We need to show everyone we are not going away, we have NOT forgotten aout our boys.

I would also be up for attending a pre-rally as suggested by some. It could kind of be like the "Bring It Home" rally we had last year right before the season. I think it'd just be great to be surrounded by Quakes fans again, attract the press, and make a statement.

12. pwave

pwave Member

Jul 28, 2004
    ValleyOfHeartsDelite
    Came in fine for me. If I were to "Rorschach" them into "merkan", I would say they look like "7I72".

Naco, I believe you need a "unicode" capable browser and font.

13. atypicalquakesfan

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley

Darn. I was afraid of that.

14. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    I can see them.

15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, besides yourself who exactly is going to feel disrespected? The fans? Many of the fans will be Quake supporters. The players? Since players often get moved without their consent they are probably very sympathetic to our situation. (especially with the Quakes on the team telling them how much it sucks to go to Houston). I agree we would be taking advantage of the event for 'political reasons', but, since no disrespect is intended I don't think disrespect will be taken. And I think it about time that the fans do get a little more political and make a statement that can't be ignored.
    Okay, here is a compromise. We have our rally outside, go in with our blue shirts on, at the start of the game unveil the Quakes mega-banner, and then on cue take off our blue shirts to unveil red underneath. We make our statement, then get down to the business of supporting the Nat's.

16. bluelightningdad

bluelightningdad New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    SJ Quake Area
    Oooooh that pic just made me miss that again. I am still just sick about it. Good memories though, and they can't take that away.

17. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait to show up with my "GOOD RIDDANCE EARTHQUAKES" banner

18. Quakes4cup

Quakes4cup New Member

Jun 25, 2005
    u are an idiot if u think that...u lost ur best rivalry u fvcktard galaxitive

19. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Just wow.

20. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    hope you enjoy having it surgically removed as well...

21. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    great idea!

22. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Like you said GoSounder, it won't be a sign of disrespect because we will be cheering on for the USMNT and boy are they gonna here it from us ! ! ! remember the LOUDNESS, the ROAR of the crowd at Spartan stadium that rainy night back in 2003 when our Boys came from behind to kick the SH*%#@! out of the scum in 2003 !!!! it was LOUD & even Landy cakes admitted to it. So don't worry about us cheering for the MENS NAT. TEAM to all of you former comrades of the dead LEAGUE (MLS) temporary. The team will have our support and that's a fact ;)

23. atypicalquakesfan

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    Oh good, looks like you are seeing them correctly.

Lots of browsers still have problems with japanese characters, but at least this proves that bigsoccer itself doesn't have a problem. thanks!

- Holly Ward

24. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Headlines in the Chron the next morning:

U.S National team hammers Japanese 4-0.

Unidentified body found floating in McCovey Cove.

25. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Bruce Arena (a.k.a. The Bruce) has on many occasions said that the advent, growth and strengthening of MLS has been essential to the development of the United States national team. By supporting the Earthquakes, the greatest team in MLS, and the building of that team, we are therefore, supporting the strong development of the USMNT. There is no disconnect between the two issues; support of the Earthquakes is also support of the USMNT. You, Naco, are totally wrong.