Feb 10th Blue-Out Rally

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakes4cup, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
    It might be better to cement better relations with the Houston fans and then ask them to have an Earthquakes chant during lulls at some of their matches. (This way nobody has to give money to AEG.) They wouldn't be chanting during moments of excitement - those belong to Houston - but just during quiet moments, and bearing in mind (I hope) which games are televised.

2. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And maybe unfurl a large "Remember the Quakes" banner.:)

3. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Whatever. I think it's worth the effort.

If we hold up the Big Ass Quakes flag behind the corner flag when a kick is being taken, there's a darn good chance it'll get on TV. Study the camera angles, be a bit sneaky... are we that unresourceful?

To me, reminding everyone that we're still around and organized is worth giving a few bucks to AEG. And who am I kidding? I'm going to watch a lot of MLS on TV this year anyway, and I would love to see our guys live while it's still essentially our team.

Goodsie can shout down our attempt, but the scope of his fandom has always been a bit narrow for my taste, the leash on his support is pretty short. If someone doesn't want to make the effort, fine, but save your breath and stay out of the way - it's all too easy to sew uncertainty and apathy around here. If Dustin Christman spent 1/4th the time advocating for fellow supporters that he does kok-blokking their initiative on this site, I might respect him.

There wasn't much Quakes effect on the ESPN telecast because there was no organized effort to speak of.

4. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Thank you. I couldn't have picked a more fun event for my last soccer event ever.

5. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....at SBC Park. In the future you will be able to hear Spartacus announcing the Quakes games at the new SSS that will be built in the south bay.:cool:

6. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    ...and other pipe dreams. Call me when there's a shovel in the ground.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So in other words, you're going to do the announcing over the PA system at the groundbreaking of The Epicenter at San José?

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surrender, Spartacus!! You're surrounded. :)

9. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly...leave the guy alone.

By the way, are there still people skimboarding around Maui these days? Seeking reason to get a new board and a week off work in Lahaina.