Feb 10th Blue-Out Rally

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakes4cup, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Quakes4cup

Quakes4cup New Member

Jun 25, 2005
    As a disgruntled Quakes fan, I propose that we organize a "blue-out" rally at the US/Japan game at SBC Park (Feb 10). All Quakes supporters would be asked to wear BLUE team apparel. Banners and Signs are also welcome. Knowing that this game is nationally televised, I feel we could really make a stand. I have sent this idea to Silicon Soccer Valley also.

Cheers

2. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would also be cool to unfurl the huge Quakes flag if it is available. No way could tv miss that!

3. Quakes4cup

Quakes4cup New Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Correction: Soccer Silicon Valley, not Silicon Soccer Valley

my bad...

4. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'd suggest oversized banners such as

" Leiweke/Lie-weekly/Lie-daily/Lie-hourly"

"Judas Garber"

"AEG Thiefs"

"Houston Gonnefs"

and
    "Quakes belong in San Jose"

I'll throw a few hundred $ in if someone wants to take the banners on

as well as a full blown Casbah section mit drums unt chants unt de Quake flag.

If mein tukhes kin make to de game - I'll be dere.

5. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

THAT WOULD BE SO KOOL ! ! ! ! ! ;)

6. QuakesPaPa

QuakesPaPa Member

Feb 10, 2004
    California - Central Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    If we could somehow find a donor/sponsor I'd like to see blue "Return Our Earthquakes" t-shirts passed at to all in attendance. Also, how about passing out fortune cookies to all attendees with our message inside.

7. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Hey that's true maybe we should let SSV know about this so we can sell these t-shirts and pitch in as a donation towards the grassroots organization, at the same time we can all be contributing to this great cause by buying these t-shirts at the game that night ! ! ! Sounds like a great idea QuakesPAPA :D

8. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    If there's a blue vodka (and there must be) we could do some serious guerrilla marketing for them.

9. Quakes4cup

Quakes4cup New Member

Jun 25, 2005
    A anti
    E Earthquakes
    G Group

banner idea

10. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    BRing it. You've got almost two months to make it.

11. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I hope you guys will do it. I really feel bad for you good folks in San Jose. This was very wrong by MLS

12. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

For MLS and for soccer communities of youth growing into the sport across the United States, I honestly believe this kind of dirty business is not doing the United States Soccer Federation a favor because instead of helping towards the growth of the sport, they are just discouraging our youth and soccer supporters and that's just not right ! ! ! ! :mad:

13. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    And on the back you should have "Vote yes" for a stadium. Maybe you could have the name of the bill if it's known.

14. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was what I had in mind--to have it unfurled along with the Stars and Stripes.

15. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

This is what I'm talking about:

16. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'll buy one. Remember the SSV shirts for fund-raising? Why not do the same this time.

17. BluByU

BluByU Member

Aug 25, 2004
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Club Quake Rally/SSV sign-up prior to the game would also be a terrific attention getter. Hand out slips of paper w/ our info & a request that they register with SSV along w/ those little golfer pencils as they go in, collection boxes strategically placed...

18. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I am happy to wear blue before the game outside the stadium during a rally, but the minute I enter the stadium, I'm wearing red.

Let's not disrespect the one team that DOES want to play in the Bay Area.

19. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not consider it 'disrespect'. The players out there, (and there could be a Quake or two) will understand and sympathize with the message we are trying to send. And afterall, we will be cheering them on, even #10.

20. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca

I would be suprised to see Reyna out there...;)

21. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I would. You are trying to take people's attention from the game at hand to a completely disconnected topic. It's disrespectful. I didn't wear red to Quakes games during the the Nats' labor disputes.

Like I said before, pre-game, I'll wear my Quakes jersey and the like, but during the game I am supporting the US Men's National Team, and will do so by wearing such paraphernalia.

22. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, thought I saw Donovan in the #10. :eek:

23. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think the topic is unrelated at all, the topic being professional soccer. God knows the previous investors didn't market the Quakes, so its up to us fans to do that. The departure of the Quakes is still fresh and it will not only be a way for Quakes fans to make a statement, but also a possible way to get other soccer fans behind SSV in its efforts to bring professional soccer back to the Bay Area.

As much as aeg, opposing fans, or any other people would like for us to die out, it's up to us to make sure that it will never happen. It's up to us to carry on the legacy that the Peter Bridgewater's, Dan Van Voorhis', and other pioneers of the San Jose Earthquakes started for us. We are the link to the past and to the future. Despite what other's say, the Quakes are neither dead, nor gone. And they'll sure as hell find that out on Feb. 10th.

24. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    If you seem so hellbent on getting the Quakes (or the area or whatever if is you are trying to market) some attention, why not do a rally downtown SJ instead of raining on someone else's parade?

25. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    Here's an idea:

We have a big Quake's rally outside SBC before the game. Everyone is in Quake's blue at that time. Once we get into the stadium, we go with our red but with a big Quake blue armband on one sleeve and we put up all the banners and signs that we can. Or maybe we can all wear Quake's headgear. I bet there will be a sale or two on Quake's hats!