FCKC 2016

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is Bowen out? When will the USWNT players come back to play for their respective teams?

2. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Bowen is with New Zealand prepping for Olympics.

3. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, that means Abby Erceg for WNY will also be gone. How about the USWNT and Australian NT players? Are they playing this weekend?

4. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Everyone on an Olympic roster is now with their NTs and won't be back until the break is over.

Bleed Blue repped this.
  5. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeeeessss!! FC KC is on another winning streak!! Wooohoooo!!

6. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wahoo indeed! Few comments...

- Thank goodness for Barhart, Taylor, and Averbuch. Menchel and Reed really struggled with WNYs speed, those 3 had a lot of action and came up big.

- I'm not a huge McCarty fan but she and Groom have developed some good chemistry. If Groom can stay out of trouble she should get a NT call up after the Olympics. Her bad reputation has overshadowed the fact that she can score a variety of ways (diving headers, long range shots, speedy breakaways).

- This is my Labonta appreciation note. She is doing it all as a dmid for us. She is seriously under appreciated. I hope she gets some recognition from the media.

- Proud of KC tho. I wasn't expecting 2 wins on the road without our Olympians. Even if we weren't necessarily the best team tonight we still found a way to win.

lil_one repped this.
  7. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just thinking the same thing before I read your post. That's so funny.

My only thought, is that we need another forward who can score. Groom is the only one who looks dangerous and can actually put them away on a breakaway.

8. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Agreed. For every good game Tymrak has had (at Portland) she has 2 duds. I think Silva would operate better with more space, she's kind of stuck in AM right now bc we don't have a ton of options. I liked what I saw from Newfield early in the season, wonder why she's not getting a chance lately... Totally agree with you though, Groom can't do it all.

9. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Myrtle repped this.
  10. bobellis75

bobellis75 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Just found this thread here....my daughter and I go to the games (season tix) and she trains with one of the players as well. So we are big fans.

I think this year (I'm sure I'm just repeating things here) was down due to the lack of forward play (losing ARod and Sydney hurt big time) however Groom has come a long way this year and I think most of the younger players have learned a lot and improved a lot this year.

From what I understand both ARod and Leroux will return next year - or that's the plan anyway. So the improved forward play added to this roster heading into next year should make enough of a difference to see this team jump back up into the top third of the league.

There is a lot of talent on this team...they just lacked finishers, and that should be remedied by the return of those two players (or even one of them, to go with Groom).

Looking forward to 2017 and this team was still a lot of fun to watch this year - they are strong defensively, in the midfield, and at keeper this year...and next year should be more fleshed out up front - will be a fun team to watch.

SiberianThunderT repped this.