FCKC 2016

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Oct 24, 2015.

1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    #76 holden, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    It's not specifically that she tried to stop, but what she was intending to do. Cliveworshipper and the ref apparently thought she was trying to slide in to the ball. I think she was trying to slow and would've jumped over the keeper, but she ran into Sonnet thus knocking her down causing her to hit the keeper. (And I'm not saying, Sonnet is at fault, Sonnet had every right to do what she was doing. Just that inadvertently lead to the outcome of the collision). But it's like in hockey, where if the forward gets knocked into the goalie by a defenseman it's not goaltender interference.

2. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not mentioned on here yet...but KC lost in week 3 to Seattle 1-0. We struggled offensively and all Seattle needed was a little magic from Kim Little to pull out the win. I didn't get to watch all of this game but didn't seem that Frisbie played quite as well as she did verse Portland. We have another tough test vs Houston on Saturday. Certainly glad that Groom will be returning and hopefully the Blues will sign the newly waived Marlborough sometime this week as well. On to the next.

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could look at that as Seattle needing a moment of magic to get the win, because they weren't getting a win without it.

Myrtle repped this.
  4. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Busy week for FCKC.

1.So much for the brilliant idea to sign Marlborough...she's not playing this season, and Seattle scooped up her rights anyway. Wonder what is going on there....

2. Buz is retiring. Not going to lie, I was hoping it would be later in the season, like she would be with us until the Olympic break. Another big blow to our thin roster, however I guess d-mid is where we have the most depth, at least when the national teamers are with us. Buz has a special place in my heart, and will be missed. Even though she's not necessarily my "type" of player it's hard not to respect that consistency. She is a winner, tough to see her go.

3. Another tough loss. 0-2 to Houston at home. I thought we were the better team for most of the game, but once again we had no goals to show for it. Twitter/Equalizer kept blaming goals on Taylor but I think both were on Frisbie. Was I seeing things? On the bright side, Laddish is getting better and better each game. I thought she was the best player on the field for either team. Tymrak has really faded, like...really faded.

4. I can't say i'm overly surprised by the results thus far, our roster just took too much of a hit. I am glad we are competing in all of our games, and we seem to be working on developing our young local talent. We have a first round pick in the 2017 draft at least!!!!

lunatica repped this.
  5. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was 1-2. Yaya scored on a PK, remember? And I agree that KC was the better team for most of the game, but Houston had that 5 minute stretch that they took full advantage of.

Until Vlatko trades it away for yet another USWNT player. My money is on Horan.

6. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Even though I was rooting for the Dash, I totally agree. It's only 4th week, but if I was to choose a player who impressed me the most so far, it would be her. She was already good at the end of last season, especially in NWSL final (very underrated), but the way she plays now in this more attacking role is even more impressive.

Myrtle repped this.
  7. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Duh! Yael's PK was forgotten. I hate PKs so I'm really bad about omitting them sometimes. Good catch. And I would laugh about that Horan comment but you sometimes have insider info... So now I'm curious. Dang it BlueCrimson!

8. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, I got no inside info this time. But seeing as how all 4 first round picks have been used in trades to get US allocated players, I wouldn't put it past Vlatko to do it again. And Horan is one of the few that isn't out of the realm of possibility of moving.

9. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    If there's going to be a trade involving a Portland USWNT player I want it to be Kling so she can get closer to having been on every team roster.

BlueCrimson and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way Portland will trade Horan.

11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Okay, so, we've all seen that FCKC is apparently collapsing on the field. But while doing my survey of DivII WoSo, I've discovered that FCKC's web presence is kinda slipping too. Found this, which got me digging on FCKC's site and raised several issues:
    --since when was FCKC affiliated with the KC Courage, who are stated as "partners"?
    --the Sounders are a recognizable name, so why is there no mention of this game on FCKC's site (or Twitter)?
    --why is there no write-up of the Chicago game in the news tab?
    --why haven't any scores since May 1st been added in the schedule tab?

12. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ok first off let me say that I'm not upset with how the season has gone so far. Considering the turn-over and from last season I think KC has been respectable. Often times outplaying opponents but just don't have the ability to score consistently. I asked for a young line up this year and that's what I got.

That being said...I think KC has to do something drastic in order to be a title contender and not just "respectable" for seasons to come. I'm talking making some big time moves to get several high picks in this years draft. I can't believe I'm saying this but similar to WNY of 2014/2015. Maybe not as much turn over but trade some big names. Like the only players that are safe...Brunn, Groom, Scott, Bowen. Chose either Leroux or Arod and get as much as we can for the other. This college draft is team changer much like 2014 was, and we may have to give up a lot but we need Lavelle specifically to playmake....am I crazy? Or what do you guys think?

Also congrats to Arod who's baby boy was born Saturday I believe!

lil_one repped this.
  13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

She'll be ready by next Saturday? :whistling:

Myrtle repped this.
  14. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC KC lost something like 8 starters from 2015 and only gained D. Scott back from 2014.
    The rest of the ranks were replaced in 2016 mostly from draft picks.
    I think they'll be strong again next year, when ARod and Syd come back and the rookies have some experience.
    In Vlatko we trust.

15. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    First of all glad to have you. From what I gather you seem to be another KC fan. I get bored around here without one as I can only seem to keep up with one team at a time these days.

Anyway I like your post I really do and I'm with you, My opinion is Vlatko is the best coach in the league. However I'm skeptical when people assume our probs will all be solved next year when when Arod and Leroux return. Vlatko has changed formations many times to accommodate multiple forwards and it hasn't worked. Especially forwards so similar...Arod runs past everyone and Leroux powers thru everyone. KC can't afford to have two players like that on the field at the same time and still play their style of soccer. Secondly, who will pass to Arod and Leroux? Laddish, LaBonta, Tymrak, Groom and even HAO are nice players but they are not elite playmakers in this league. Lastly, do you think even with the fantastic coach we have that having 2 elite forwards both recovering from pregnancy and wanting to prove themselves / get a spot back with the NT is the best scenario? Ijust don't think it's the best situation for either when this team doesn't have an elite playmaker. My 2 cents anyway.

Bleed Blue repped this.
  16. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you.

I'm not sure both Arod or Syd will be back next year. Who knows, one of them could get pregnant again.
    In either case, I feel it'll be an uphill battle for either one to earn a spot with the WNT; there's too much competition.
    Having said that, it's better to have them as options for FC KC, even off the bench, rather than what we have now.
    I think we are very depleted at the forward position. One injury or off day and the team can't put one on frame.
    I'm strong believer in controlling the game in the midfield, that's where the game is played tactically.
    I started following FC KC because I was a big Lauren Cheney/Holiday fan.
    Look what FC KC was able to do with one exceptional MF player and a top Forward (Arod).
    I'm hoping Bowen can take over that MF role and be a distributor and play maker; I'm high on her talents.

Totally agree with you on Vlatko. I nominate him for next USWNT coach.
    I trust in Vlatko and the coaching staff to continue building this roster from the draft.
    They always do a phenomenal job, even in the later rounds.
    I think we'll be more competitive next year, but it might take 2-3 years to become champs again.
    I might be overly optimistic in my assessments as a fan, but, hey, that's what forums are for. ;)

17. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    True true, no one knows for sure what Arod and Leroux will do next season. I've actually said before I'd be surprised if Arod returns (I hope I'm wrong, im team Arod) but I do think Leroux will bc KC is her home currently anyway.

I guess I haven't seen the playmaker out of Bowen yet but it's also a difficult role to fill and she hasn't been with the team consistently enough to get comfortable. I do really like her though, especially at left back lately. So I will give your vision some serious consideration .

You might find I'm a bit of a draft nerd. I've basically had a hissy fit the 2 previous years when KC has traded their first rounders. So there's that. But I REALLY like Lavelle. Like I think she's the closest thing to Holiday we can get for our system. So perhaps it was a little drastic to go trading away everyone for draft picks but I would support most moves that involve trading up to get her.

18. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you on Lavelle. I saw her play at the 2014 U-20 WWC in Canada, and she looked to be the best player we had, by far. My only concern is if she can handle the physicality; she seems to get injured a lot.

Myrtle repped this.
  19. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    KC finally announced what is going on with Amanda Frisbie. I have to say I'm surprised she was waved. Could we really not get anything for the left footed former 1st round pick? Guess not. What a bust! We traded Moros for her, though Becca was the weakest link of our defense last year she sure would be nice to have right about now. Are players like Kastor, Menchel, and Labonta that much better? I'd like to know the full story here. Hope fully we sign Weimer with the open slot.

20. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was she even playing in any games this season?

21. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Kind of odd, she played in/started 2 or 3 games at left back. She didn't look good vs Houston at home week 4 bc both of the Dash's goals were her mistakes (even though people blamed Taylor). And she never saw the field after that. I just find it interesting that we waived her considering our lack of depth. Her last performance wasn't great but she's still fairly young and didn't get much game time to develop. Something fishy went on here bc they didn't even announce this move for over 2 weeks and she was posting stuff on Instagram before that even. Weird.

22. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played a total of 7 games over 2 years. From the press release:

"She started three games and played 270 minutes for the Blues in that time with one shot.
    The Keller, Tex., native graduated from the University of Portland and was drafted by Seattle Reign FC with the seventh overall pick in the 2014 College Draft. She missed that season due to an injury and was traded to the Flash, where she played four games and started two."

Myrtle repped this.
  23. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    #98 FawcettFan14, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Has A-Rod said whether she plans to play at all this season? Her baby was born July 1, so she could possibly play in the September games. I remember hearing Joy Fawcett returned to the field 6-8 weeks after she gave birth. KC has four games in September. By that point they may be out of playoff contention, but maybe A-Rod will want some game time.

Leroux on the other hand, is definitely out. Not due until September.

Not sure these two forwards would mesh well together, with their direct styles. I can't recall them sharing the field much on USWNT. Is the general consensus that A-Rod would rather play on the West Coast due to her family being there? Meanwhile Leroux is more tied to KC due to Dwyer. I haven't heard any recent rumblings about a California expansion team. There was some speculation that the new LAFC MLS team will have a women's side but they don't even launch until 2018.

24. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not sure. I haven't heard anything besides "maybe" or "possibly" when referring to Arod returning this season. I'm a big Arod fan so I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we see her this year. Definitely not Leroux.

I've posted on this earlier but I agree Arod and Leroux don't really work on the same team. I remember hearing an interview where Arod said her husband has family in Seattle so that's where she wanted to be originally. I wouldn't be surprised if she either requests a move or retires. I think she likes KC fine but it's a long way from home especially with 2 little ones. If she continues to play I hope KC gets what they can for her and builds a team around Leroux. Sad though bc I much prefer Rodriguez. Dwyer signed a decent contract with Sporting KC so I think she will stick around a year or two.

FawcettFan14 and Bleed Blue repped this.
  25. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So I am a bit nervous about this game vs WNY. We don't exactly have the speediest back line and without Kate Bowen we will struggle. Arlitt is still out with injury too. Yikes!