FCD to host the new Champions of Europe! - 8/5/2010

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Rex Kramer, May 22, 2010.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    From Season Ticket Holder email:

We couldn't be more excited to make FC Dallas Season Ticket Holders the first to know about one of the most historic announcements in FC Dallas history!

On Thursday, August 5 at 8:00 p.m., FC Dallas will play the newly crowned 2010 UEFA Champions League Winner FC Internazionale Milano (Inter Milan) at Pizza Hut Park. This match will be included in your Season Ticket Holder package, and you will be assured your Season Seat locations for this match. You will also be included in an exclusive pre-sale for any additional tickets.

An official announcement of this match will come through FC Dallas Communications. At the time of the announcement, you will receive a follow-up e-mail with specifics of the pre-sale and how this match will factor in to your bonus ticket allocation. You may contact the FC Dallas Front Office beginning on Monday, May 24th at 12:00 p.m. for any inquiries that you may have surrounding this game. You can also submit your questions to
    intermilan@fcdallas.net.

We look forward to seeing this match on the pitch at Pizza Hut Park.

2. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Can not wait for this PARTY!

>UNO<

3. Paragiggle

Paragiggle New Member

May 16, 2010
    Sherman, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap, LIKE!

4. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The benefits of being a Season Ticket Holder! Woo-hoo. This will be a very fun game - come early and join the tailgate, stay late and rejoin the tailgate after the game (and avoid traffic!)

5. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Cool. This works for me. Thank you front office. Now fire shellas

7. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    WOW! Great to see FCD getting into the big intl. friendly like most of the other MLS teams had already announced. Fantastic and glad it is at PHP and not Jerry World.

8. Shaolin Beez

Shaolin Beez New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Wow I made it on the 1st page....

and howdy hell yeah our hoops will play Internazio-friggin-ale di Milano!

if you're not there, you're don't like soccer.

9. Shaolin Beez

Shaolin Beez New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I was getting so depressed and jealous about the other sides getting big name friendlies and our red hooped step child not doing a damn thing to improve the gate, then I see this. life as a hoops fan is brutally volatile.

1) I only hope Schellas doesn't survive long enough to embarras the city by getting shellacked. I see the over and under that he gets booted b4 allstar break.

2) Schellas is forced to buy a ticket or watch on TV as the best manager in the world -assuming he doesn't jump ship for Real Madrid- gives a coaching clinic on the field on how to manage the professional game.

10. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Needless to say, I'm a bit excited about this one. :D

Right now, we don't have any information other than if people are interested, get their name/phone/email address, so contact your ticket rep - email is probably best at this point. For me, it is klindstrom@fcdallas.net.

It should be pretty amazing, though!

11. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho will not be in Dallas . . . He will be in Madrid. It's pretty much official. Oh, and Mourinho may be the best tactician (and by far the best at parking buses), but Guardiola is the best manager of the beautiful game! :)

Can't wait for this game, anyway! Inter will toy with Dallas like a cat with a mouse. But at least we'll get to see world-class players. Woo hoo!

12. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this actually happens I'll eat a crow in the stands. Given Inter's new status they may be able to excise more money in a bigger venue.

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2-1 Dallas :D

In all seriousness, credit to the ownership/FO for making this happen. Should be a huge turnout (if not a sellout) and a great night of soccer. Hopefully we get to see all their stars at some point and hopefully FCD will make a game of it.

14. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be expecting your call tomorrow morning, good sir. ;)

15. 3nOut

3nOut New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    will not be surprised at all if the game is moved into the new cowboy stadium or the cotton bowl. we also have to take in consideration the weather at this time...which is hot & humid. my guess is it'll be at jerryworld

16. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I am shocked - pleasantly.

Finally a friendly against a team people have heard of.

Nice work FCD. This is the kind of stuff that will retain and attract fans.

17. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Hotter than hell but it would be fun at the CottonBowl.

18. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would you like that Crow cooked ?

I don't know that Inter has much of a fan base in the USA so PHP might be a better venue with a MUCH greater likelihood of a sellout. It would also be excellent publicity not only for FC Dallas, but for Pizza Hut Park. A game at Cowboys stadium or the Cotton bowl might not do much for attendance at PHP for "plain jane" MLS games.

19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have thought that Inter would have pushed for a bigger venue but may know they aren't that big of a draw in the US. For FCD it is a great way to get new fans to see their stadium (with people in it - ducks). All in all a great move by the FO and one I have to admit I am surprise by (pleasantly).

20. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got it

21. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boiled. I'm trying to lose weight.

22. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If young Wesley, maicon, pandev, milito, e'to and lambo smasher can't sell out php after winning the champions league and all featuring in the world cup then no one can (except el tri but they suck).

23. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maicon might be going to Madrid, but you've got a point. Militio was awesome yesterday . . . and I don't even like Inter.

24. Cakeeater

Cakeeater New Member

May 23, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Not sure if serious but doesn't D.Becks sell out the stadium when he comes? I think most of you already say this but the people in DFW and surrounding cities only care about the euro leagues. We went to the Chelesea game mostly to see the new stadium and second for the team but that place was 80k strong. I imagine it could be Inter reserves and people would flock.

25. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    And a special thanks to Diego "Dumbsh!t" Maradona for keeping Cambiasso and Zanetti fresh for this match!