FCD site on Davis

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Dec 6, 2004.

1. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    [off-topic]It's possible a bunch of people are going to be surprised when Gbandi turns out to be a quality MLS LB. I, for one, don't think that verdict is in just yet.[off-topic]

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wake me up when that happens. In the meantime, I expect I will get a restful and uninterrupted sleep.

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Bouncing Back ... Davis plans on it!

I know we were both having fun/teasing/joking.
    And I am sure MTA knows that as well.

I think you may be the only one who didn't.
    :eek:

4. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX

Yes I know you were kidding :D Although what mud was explaining is what I think happened, I think it came out wrong. He wasn't being rude. I'm just glad someone else understood what I was rambling about. MTA = :cool:

5. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nah, Buzz took my post the right way. The way I read the thread, Buzz wanted to make sure he got credit for posting first. In case you felt attacked by that, I defended your position. I'm glad he was joking and I'm glad you realized he was joking. I'll just mind my own damn business next time and stop playing peace-maker. ;)

6. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Brad, nothing would make an FC Dallas fan happier, than to see you beat out some hot-shot foreign attacking mid for the starting position, on the way to MLS Cup 05 in the new venue.

Alas, your play in 2004 was tragic. Not tragic because soccer is so important, but because FCDallas was praying that SOMEONE on the team would play their ass off week after week and generate scoring chances, and goals. Nuñez was too young, Pareja was too old, and Kreis was too close to the goal. So you, Brad Davis, had THE BEST OPPORTUNITY OF YOUR CAREER to become the most highly rated number 10 in MLS, and an American to boot.

But now, your GM and Head Coach are shopping for the highest priced number 10 that HSG can afford, and you are not him. And you won't get on the field again before that person is signed. Once a guy that makes a million a season is signed, they have to play.

And when HSG signs a million dollar player for attacking mid, you'll be on the left keeping the Traffic Cone known as Eric Quill, on the bench. And the year after Ramon Nuñez will start in center attacking mid, and you'll still be on the left wing trying find somoneone's head with a left footed cross.

The best chance you have of getting back that chance, is to have FCD sign a forward for so much money, that the team cannot afford to buy an attacking mid too.

Or, you can play to your potential.

Good luck, I hope you make me eat these words and lead MLS in assists, and lead FC Dallas 96 to the MLS Cup in 05.

7. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    *bounces*
    TA! TA! TA! LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

[​IMG]

sorry... that was way OT... :D

8. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    California........

9. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Now, I'm going to toss my cookies!

10. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Brad Davis and the OC in the same thread!

11. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signs that the Apocalypse is upon us...

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    No...that would be a great game by Davis, Quill and Gbandi at the same time!!

13. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    I say this with a staunch record of unblemished hetrosexuality,

I love the OC!

14. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    ;)

15. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put your feet on earth good man. I was talking about possibilities not the impossible dream !