FCD in Flower Mound 4/14

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by justscore, Apr 13, 2009.

1. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the Blog, FCD will train at Chinn Chapel in Flower Mound Tues 4/14 at 6pm.

Check em out!

2. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Bit far for this Plano Princess. :D

3. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great night to walk across the street from the complex and have a margarita (or 2) on the patio at Blue Goose!! :cool:
    Wish we could be there!

4. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're meeting for marguerita's???? Happy Hour then practice!

Now, if only it was Friday.... ;)

5. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I'll meet for margaritas anytime. I just can't get to Flower Mound from Plano by 6 o'clock. It's hard getting to Frisco at that time when I don't get off work until 5:30 pm.

6. lerchinc

lerchinc New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    As usual the FO didnt take advantage of a marketing opportunity. There was an FCD table right as you got to the fields with....hold it....NO ONE MANNING IT! Then I started walking closer to the fields and saw at least 2 or 3 season ticket reps talking to EACH OTHER. The crowd was quite big for a training session. The guys were the best marketing tool they could have gotten. My oldest is autistic and Drew/Dax/Kenny all recognized her. Her face just lit up.

Just a bad move imho not marketing in the crowd.

7. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone go? Practice report? Crowd?

8. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice crowd turn-out. The entire 24 man roster was in attendance, + Pool GK Bryant G (he lives and practices in Dallas), All 4 coaches (Shellas, Ellinger, Ferruzi, GK Coach Drew), both trainers and both equipment guys.

New guy Alvaro (TOM) Suarez blended in seamlessly with the guys during practice, his time training with them in Brazil obviously helped him learn the training drills.

Steve Purdy and Dario Sala were both working on the side working with their individual trainer.

Both Marcelo Saragosa and Daniel Torres trained and scrimmaged with the team.

George explained why his middle name and last name are both John. His family immigrated from Greece to the USA via Ellis Island. And, like many immigrants with ethnic last names, their polysyllabic last name was anglicized and shortened. In the case of George's family it was shortened to "John".

By tradition, the middle name of the son is the same as his father's first name (George's dad is named - you guessed it, John). In Greek, you pronounce the first name 'John' one way, and the last name is pronounced in an entirely different way, even though it was shortened to John, it sounds very different way when you say it in Greek.

9. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    John John, huh? Could be worse - Gary and Phil Neville's dad is called Neville.

10. Jello sh0t

Jello sh0t New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone take pictures at the event? Saw a few on the FCDallas blog... was hoping someone took better ones though!