FCD Competition Committee

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by boneall, Aug 8, 2012.

1. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised this one slipped under the radar here.
    A couple of thoughts. 1) how often do they meet and how often is the game day 18 influenced by it? 2) does it bother anyone that only one man on the committee sees the players (in action) every day, and that 3 of the 5 people's primary job responsibilities point towards the club bottom line?

2. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh, this sounds similar to what Gary Smith got fed up with in Colorado. He was upset that the Chief Marketing Officer Tim Hinchey was involved with meetings with him, Tech. Dir. Paul Bravo, and Director Jeff Plush around player acquisition.

Of course now Smith is out, Plush is out, and Hinchey is now club President...

4. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    You can have Clavijo back if you want. As far as I know, he was responsible for only bringing in one player who was immediately sent packing. I would like to think that a real technical director would actually scout and sign a few players, particularly on a team that lacks any depth.

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll take him off your hands in exchanged for David Ferriera, your first round pick next year, and 200K or so in allocation money. :D

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the long run it may be worth it seeing that the Hunts keep people around long after they've proven worthless.

cowtown repped this.
  7. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We should nominate someone from this forum to be on the Committee for next season.

8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already doubt SH's abilities to put out lineups and use a competent sub pattern, but if the f'ing CEO and CFO are weighing in on this, no wonder we're witnessing such a mess. It;d also be better imo of it was just a SH vs Brek issue, as now I think there's more evidence Brek has a problem with how the actual club is run.

Imagine coming back from Wenger and Arsenal, and being sat out because the CEO and CFO get to weigh in and think it's a good decision. That's kinda shocking to me. Anyone think when Doc Rivers is game planning, the f'ing Celtics CEO and CFO comes to the table and advises him on whether Garnett or Rondo should be in the starting lineup?

9. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really a committee. SH says something, everybody nods thier heads. Or SH will blame the results on whoever disagrees, and they lose their jobs.

10. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but only because Ferreira still has some life left in those legs, and the Hunts would replace FC with someone equally useless.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh

12. tornado fan

tornado fan Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Or worse, if the Director of international marketing and communications was also in on it ...

13. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is just some mis-guided corporate crap. That is why I left the corporate world.

Further evidence that the Hunts have no clue to run a competitive sports team. Did Sigi Schmid have a committee? And how quick he bolted when given the chance.