PBP: FCCCCCCCCCC vs DCU

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Yowza

Yowza Member+

DC United
    United States
    Oct 23, 2019
    Arlington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked passive most of the time out there. When he actually tries to attack he's a threat, but he often doesn't and he still hasn't gotten over the 'fits of pique' bit.

2. Yowza

Yowza Member+

DC United
    United States
    Oct 23, 2019
    Arlington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Robertha and Perez. If Robertha is at 400k or something, forget it, but I think he can develop, be a BWP type. Perez I think is actually a pretty good player who I hope has just been snake bit.
    I don't get a killer clutch vibe from Kamara, and he misses a lot of games. Asad plays without any direction mostly, which is a shame b/c I've always liked his game. Flores, I mean, he may be good but we'll never know it here. Reyna is the bottom of the pile to me. Sorga has had a disappointing season, and I wasn't impressed with Bolivar in the two Loudoun games I actually watched.
    So yeah, a lot of opportunity to get a lot stronger up top next season. The midfield needs strengthening as well, if we're being honest.

3. Yowza

Yowza Member+

DC United
    United States
    Oct 23, 2019
    Arlington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking ahead to this coming week, United plays Wednesday at Columbus and Montreal at home on Sunday.
    It seems there's a week like this every season, where the schedule really demands you completely bag the midweek game in order to win the weekend match.
    United has won 1 roadie, and Columbus is unbeaten at home. They aren't winning this on their best day, not this season. So lean into it and play Yow, COA, Skundrich, Brillant, Sorga, Felipe, Greene, Bolivar, call up Smith, Paz and DeShields if you can. They pretty much have to play a lot of these guys anyway, but really lean into it.
    Then reload for Montreal at home, the team directly in front of you in the standings, holding the last playoff spot.

GlennAA11 and John L repped this.
  4. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robertha's salary is over $600k.

Yowza repped this.
  5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s such a Robin. Needs a Batman.

bigredfutbol, dadman, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  6. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Does he have YNT experience? The shithousery starts at that level.

BWP already had a decade of pro experience and 75 senior goals to his name when he got here at the age of 28. Robertha is 23 and he won’t develop the skills to crank out 120 goals in MLS over the next five years. If he does, he’ll be on his way back to Europe before United see a BWP type return.

Thx,

Jay!

Yowza repped this.
  7. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say I am shocked how poor our crosses from dead balls have been. These are professional National Team players. I was only a College Division 1 player and on a set piece or corner I can deliver a ball over the first man.:(

8. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We seem to have paid a lot of money for a whole set of attacking players. If I were off the mark that often on key decision, I would have to believe some folks higher up the food chain would be asking some questions.

Winoman and Yowza repped this.
  9. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    This team suffered for a lack of scoring talent throughout Olsen's tenure. He had DeRo for about one full season (stretched over 2) at the end of his career. EJ for a half season. The most consistent, aside from Rooney (who was good for about a season stretched over 2) were Espindola and Rolfe. Rolfe was a reclamation project who was great until he was injured, Espindola was serviceable but a head case. Of the attackers on the squad right now, only Robertha and Bolivar were not choices in which Olsen was involved. Next year is the real test when Losada and Rushton figure out who they want and whether or not they can get that player.

bigredfutbol, dadman, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  10. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA

I've seen Junior Varsity players do better.

11. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played club rugby and even I know how to use a boot to get over the first man.