FCC Press Conference Today. New Coach?

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by jschwarz, Dec 14, 2021.

1. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Cincinnati announced a 2:30pm press conference today. Speculation is they will be announcing Pat Noonan as the new head coach. What is your opinion on Noonan getting his first head coaching opportunity?

I'm okay if it is Noonan. He played in the league and has coaching experience, albeit not head coaching experience, in MLS. MLS experience is a must for FCC this time around. To be honest I think this is probably the absolute best FCC can do after 3 wooden spoons. Let's home Noonan turns out to be an excellent decision. I don't think I can take another year of dead last.

2. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. YNWA Rob

YNWA Rob Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2020
    Indiana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So tell me what has been the common denominator for this club over there seasons? I understand it was an expansion club but of course we've seen others do quite well.

In other words, where has it gone wrong for FC Cincinnati? How can it get better?

4. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion there were multiple problems.
    • Every coach and gm for the club has had no MLS experience and failed to understand the intricate roster construction rules of the league.
    • The team also has had zero depth and the good players never got time off to regenerate. I believe this is how you win in MLS. Finding experienced domestic players that are very solid depth pieces that are cap friendly. FCC did anything but this.
    • Wasted international slots on subs and goal keepers.
    • Missing on the many signings they made leading to very little production. Garza, Van der Werff, Saief, Pettersson, Adi, Locodia, De Jong, Regattin, Mojokoto, Cruz..... the list goes on and on.
    • Playing too many players out of their natural positions.
    FCC's roster build from day 1 has been a disaster.

I've been impressed with what Albright and Noonan have done so far. It is obviously there is a plan in place and the pieces brought in so far look bright (or should I say "Albright"). Previous seasons it felt like we were putting a team together with pieces that did not fit together and left a lot of fans scratching their heads.

As a fan this is the first time I feel like the offseason is going the right direction.

YNWA Rob repped this.