FCB - Murcia 10/29 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game underway at Nou Camp

Starting line-up:

25 Victor Valdes
    5 Carles Puyol
    2 Michael Reiziger
    8 Philip Cocu
    14 Lopez Gerard
    22 Sanz Luis Garcia
    23 Thiago Motta
    10 Gaucho Ronaldinho
    12 Giovanni van Bronckhorst
    20 Ricardo Quaresma
    7 Javier Saviola

On the bench:
    1 Recber Rustu
    4 Rafael Marquez
    27 Hernandez Oscar Lopez
    21 Martinez Luis Enrique
    6 Hernandez Xavi
    9 Patrick Kluivert
    37 Sergio Santamaria

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Barcelona-3
    Real Murcia-0

3. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goals:

Saviola (40)
    Xavi (56)
    Ronaldinho (65)

Clean sheet at home and FINALLY A LEAGUE WIN AT HOME!!!

We move up to 5th spot in La Liga 5 points behind Real Madrid and Valencia, 6 pts behind Depor and 2 points behind 4th place Osasuna.

Considering our rough start to the season, we are not in too bad of shape.

Interesting that PK9 did not see the pitch tonight. We didnt need him, as we had Offense coming from Saviola and Ronaldinho.

Anybody see the match?

4. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona 3-0 Murcia: FT Report

PA

BARCELONA, October 29 (Primera Liga) - Barcelona cruised to victory against Real Murcia on Wednesday night to earn their first league win of the season at the Nou Camp.

Goals from Javier Saviola, Xavi Hernandez, and Ronaldinho were enough to give Barca the three points and keep the visitors in the relegation zone.

Barca dominated possession in the opening spell of the game but found it difficult to break down a defensive Murcia who set their stall out from the start to keep players back.

With Patrick Kluivert starting as a substitute - the Dutchman having missed several games through injury - Barca lacked any focal point in attack. The diminutive Saviola was too often isolated and lacking the physical presence to hold the ball up for his colleagues.

Thiago Motta had the first chance of any note, flicking a header narrowly past the post after 22 minutes following a cross from Ronaldinho on the right wing.

While Barca were having most of the ball they were always open to counter-attacks.

Murcia had their first effort after 35 minutes with Richi trying his luck from the edge of the box, but his strike went well over the bar.

However, Barca did manage to break the deadlock five minutes before half-time through Saviola.

In a well-worked move, Gerard Lopez found Ronaldinho in midfield and he supplied the Argentine with Ricardo Quaresma dummying the ball in the process. Saviola struck the ball low into the corner of the net from inside the area.

Barca grew in confidence and on the stroke of half-time could have scored a second.

Following a goalmouth scramble Motta volleyed the ball goalwards and Murcia defender David Karanka headed the ball up onto the bar and then to safety.

Five minutes into the second half, Ronaldinho again set up Saviola with a long ball from midfield but this time the striker saw his shot saved by the feet of keeper Sanchez Broto.

Six minutes later and Barca did get their goal in a free-flowing attack started and finished by Xavi.

The Spanish international supplied Saviola who played in Luis Garcia on the left of the penalty area and he in turn crossed to Xavi in the six-yard box to tap the ball home.

In an almost carbon copy of the second goal, Ronaldinho grabbed the third.

Saviola found Luis Garcia on the left of the area and he crossed for the Brazilian to stab the ball over the line.

With the wind taken out of Murcia's sails they were unable to respond and Barca cruised the final half hour of the game.

Barca had chances to improve their total but poor control, especially from Quaresma and Luis Garcia, at the critical points kept the score-line down.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I was trying to avoid the boards in order to see the match at least in a late replay but my workplace is a mess right now :( I'll try to see it tomorrow, comments later

6. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I couldnt watch the game, damm it. It must have been interesting. I will start to like Rijkaard if results will contininue. 6 points from two games, not bad at all. We start scoring goals, finaly. It seems that Rijkaard read our messages here on bigsoocer. He put Saviola in game, Quaresma and Luis garcia on wings and Kluivert out. The way I like it!!! But I havent watched Barca since they lost against Valencia. So how players actualy play I dont know but from your comments it semms everything is OK.
    Those two matches came on right time to get some confidence. But now is going to be real test. Real Sociedad away!!!! We have some good results away so I hope for a good result. This game will be a real test for Barca, how good at this moment they realy are. Forza Barca!!!!!

ps (when will we see Rustu play????)

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    yeah 6 points let alone 6 goals krazbo! more goals than the rest of the fixtures, damn 415 am and Im not able to get some sleep!

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Did Saviola play alone up front? I got that feeling from the match reports I read, but none came right out and said it... What formation was played...

I was thinking...

-----------------Saviola
    ----------Ronnie------Quaresma
    Motta---------------------------Garcia
    ----------------Gerard----------------

but not sure...

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Gerard and Motta in a pivotal rol, Garcia on the left wing, Quaresma on the right wing and Ronnie behind Saviola.

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm back! YEA! I go away and Barca wins 2 matches..maybe I should leave again on December 6th.