Fcb Champions

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not have a subscription to this web service but I am a bit interested. What does it completely include. Does it include a live tv or video feed of each game, no matter whether it is on German tv or not. Also is the english commentary good, and is the images or transfer feed good? When you watch the games on FCB Champions is it one constant feed or is it static or a little slow? Or is it just like watching tv, or like a lesser quality tv? Can you see players clearly or the ball during the match? Does it include all tournament games, regular season games, preseason games? What games doesn't it include? Just wondering because I am seriously thinking about purchasing a subscription. I am hoping for some feedback. Vielen Dank! :)

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    It includes match preview and match highlights for Bundesliga/Champions League /DFB cup matches.

You can hear live commentary for every game from Gary Preston (I love him), you can also watch FULL Champions league games.

They also have some specials like season reviews and all that.

Overall it's great. But Man United's internet channels are much better.

Oh and about the quality of the mathces, it really depends on your internet connection, I have a ADSL 256k and I can see the match, it's not VERY clear but I can tell what's going on.

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the reply :)

I am wondering then is there any internet site that has live coverage of FCB during the regular season?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I would just like to add that the Champions League games are delayed and if you want to watch the game without knowing the scoreline it is virtually impossible seeing as the score is in giant font next to the game screen.

As for getting regular matches, I would like to know too.

5. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

They don't show the score on the CL games so you wouldn't know the score when watching the game..

Oh and as far as I know the only full matches you can watch are CL games.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow....sounds good, how much does this fantastic offer cost?

7. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    3 months for 9 €, 6 months for 16 € and a full 12 months for just 30 €.

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is no online site to watch the matches live. I am wondering does anyone have the FOX Soccer Channel with their cable in USA? Supposedly it shows games from all over the world on all continents football is played. Does anyone know if a lot of the Bayern games are shown, or most of them atleast? Because I have caught a few Bundesliga games on there towards the end of the term because my parents had gotten the channel. I am hoping that it would show atleast half of them, also is there like a show that is a half hour or hour that just talks German football once a day or a week to say what is going on and highlights, etc.? Just would like to see more Bayern action when I am off at college so I want to know what I should get or do before I have to leave. Vielen Dank! :D

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Well I was a member a while ago.
    I don't mean the scoreline on the actual game screen but the media player.

They may have changed it though because it probably irritated a lot of users.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have Fox Soccer Channel and I live in Naperville (western suburbs of Chicago). There is 1 Bundesliga match shown a week on Saturday mornings....usually 9-11AM. 2 years ago FSC televised 2-3 Bayern matches a month, but this last season, they mixed it up more. I think a lot of Bundesliga supporters in the USA and Canada complained that it was the FC Bayern channel...lol. I'm guessing with Bayern winning The Double last season, they will have a fair amount of FCB matches. Last season, FSC showed Berlin when they were hot, Schalke, the BVB-Schalke match, and mostly top half of the table sides. Also FSC televises an HOUR long weekly Bundesliga highlight show of every match from the following week, it is fantastic and I have watched it religiously the last 3 years.

Hope this information helps you.

Hey that makes 3 people in Chicago that are soft on Bayern.....maybe we should meet for a match, plenty of good pubs in Chicago that show footie. The Globe is my fav.

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D I am just about to buy a year subscription of FCB Champions.

DOES ANYONE KNOW how long you have to watch the champions league games?? Is it one day, week, month year, or it is always in the archive?? Also is it the same with footage clips from games? I am wondering this because I wanted to see some old champions league games from last term as well as some highlights from the preseason this summer. Vielen Dank :D

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

looks like they have last season still archived: highlights and games

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had just purchased a year subscription to FCB Champions :D

It says that they have to confirm it or something, and then they send an email to me within the next 3 days. Then I activate it or something, then everything is all good. :)

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to look at a case in the US and confirm it?? Or how long did it take for them to confirm yours DF??

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I think it was right then and there. I didn't have the 3 day wait.

Not sure why they are doing the 3 day wait. :confused:

15. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had just sent an email now to fcb champions. Hopefully they will respond soon since it is almost 9:00 pm in Munich. I want to use FCB now, I just can't wait since I had paid :D I hope it is worth it. Also, they didn't say it would take 3 days to respond, it said it could take up to 3 days, but hopefully they respond soon :)

16. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can someone give me their account username and password?

17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is 11:30 am and still havent received a confirmation email so it can activate my account :(

....the wait continues on

18. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Congrats on getting FCB Champions man! It's really worth it!

19. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Demmaho you had helped me make the decision on buying a years subscription of it. I am leaving for college August 17 and figured I should suscribe before I leave. The info you had provided me made me comfortable enough to spend 30 Euros for an ENTIRE YEARS worth of info. And I can always watch the CL games at anytime around my busy school schedule. Whereas with Fox Soccer Channel I would have to take time out or just miss a couple games :( I am still going to have the channel and the web suscription though. Thanks again Demmaho :D

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had mentioned Demmaho when I had made thank you in my post but had forgotten the additional information DF had provided me.

SO I THANK DEMMAHO and DEADFINGERS for helping me out in my decision. Without your guys information I would have never spent the money on a suscription to FCB CHAMPIONS.

ALSO...

.........still waiting for my confirmation email so I can activate account for FCB Champions, purchased it on Thursday hopefully it will come in email tomorrow on Saturday :D Still can't wait, too excited

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had purchased a year suscription on Thursday it is now Saturday and still no response or email period. It would be nice if they could atleast send an email saying that it wasn't accepted or something :mad:

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man this is totally lame. I hope that FCB Champions only works on weekdays. Otherwise I'll be mad. Today is now Sunday, and I still haven't received anything from FCB Champions since I had paid for a suscription on Thursday. ALSO, I still haven't received my jersey from Germany that I had purchased on July 5th. :mad: The jersey thing I can understand though because of US Customs and with the London attacks on July 7th. Even though usually I can receive a shirt from the UK or Germany within 6 days.

BUT, I am going to be watching the German Grand Prix in high definition on tv in about 15 minutes so hopefully Schumacher can pull out a much needed win to try and keep his championship hopes alive. If Schumi does well and Alonso stinks it up, I will be happy enough to put off my frustrations till tomorrow. :cool:

23. Locke13

Locke13 New Member

May 14, 2004
    Centerport, LI, NY
    Dude, something definitely isn't right with your subscription. When I signed up, the follow-up email was almost instantaneous.

24. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Weird, I got to use FCB champions right after I subcribed.

Oh and I still haven't recieved my Jersey and I ordered it on July 1st :mad:

25. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Schumi got 5th, hes probably out of Championship now, but one good thing to celebrate. I HAD GOTTEN THE EMAIL TO CONFIRM MY SUSCRIPTION AND I HAD ACTIVATED MY ACCOUNT FOR FCB CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can finally be pleased to say thank you Demmaho and DeadFingers!!!!!!

Ziggy Zoggy,Ziggy Zoggy, OY, OY, OY! :D
    Ziggy Zoggy,Ziggy Zoggy, OY, OY, OY! :D

....now all I need is my new Bayern jersey and I can be happy