FC Shakhtar Donetsk na temporada 2013/14: What would Mircea do?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Gio-13, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    But it seems, according to Palkin, player's agent and plotholes in Surkis interview that Evgen himself would like that move.
    Also he were a Shakhtar fan back in his youth.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Even so, he's under contract with Dynamo. Shakhtar will need to raise the transfer amount.

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I'm pretty sure DK will let him go for €20+ mil. That is market value because this move would reduce our number of first team Ukrainians by one more. With Yarmolenko and Harmash out of the picture temporarily, Shakhter would have to talk some pretty serious cash in order to sign Khach.

Plus it's just a terrible move all around for DK. You don't sell your leading players to your rivals, especially since they are already the dominant club in the UPL.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Personally, I think it is a non-starter. Dynamo simply have no CBs left if they let Khacheridi go. Sure, they can scrounge around for DMs or LBs and RBs to put some player there but no real CBs.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

and to think Dnipro almost stole him for $5M a few years ago right after Zozulya...Surkis is too prideful and stubborn to sell him, will take at least $20M to get him to consider and even then he'll still decline cause Dynamo would never win the league again in the next 5 years

6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I couldn't believe that Metallist sold Tyson to SD last season. I thought it was a wierd move by the Metall management.

7. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    That release clause issue of his is sort of smart move from dynamo. Any european club could get him for 9 or 10M according to his contract, while only russian and ukrainian clubs would be ever willing to pay higher than that for him ever. I don't think that Surkis going to swallow his pride on that matter.

Shakhtar targeted his €20M release clause. Metalist never settled for less despite Akhmetov tried to get him cheaper in private dialogue with Kurchenko.

I've heard that Selin, Khacheridi and Mykhalyk who were starters in Blokhin's Ukrainian NT a year ago were the best ukrainian defenders coming from Dynamo fans. What happened?

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Khacheridi is, in my opinion, the best CB in Ukraine. Mykhalyk was the best Ukrainian defender in 2007-2009 until he became mired in a series of bad injuries. Selin was never considered the best Ukrainian defender by anybody. You just made that up.

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    You know....Khacheridi is certainly one of the top defenders in the UPL at the moment. Selin blew the SD game hard. He was totally owned by a number of SD players.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You know that wasn't my impression. I thought Silva blew it, he contributed to the both second half goals. Selin looked half way decent the entire first half. i thought he covered his zone and cleaned up after Tremoulinas rather well. But, clearly, Selin and Khach haven't learned to play together. They would, at times, jump out on the same ball, leave the zone at the same time. once they almost pulled a Kucher and almost smacked each other head-to-head. Maybe Koval should be more vocal at managing them?

11. Randomhero31

Randomhero31 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    PDX via Buffalo
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never count out Shakhtar. The club is at a crossroads: to become an European force and become a destination for stars or just being a real good feeder team (like CSKA Moscow).

Though, I am worried if they don't reinvest the Mkhitaryan funds.

12. Randomhero31

Randomhero31 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    PDX via Buffalo
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, it's super confusing with the Brazilian players. How many Maicons do we need?

13. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    According to Shakhtar president, the ultimate, the main goal now is to win the Champions League. So we're not aiming to be a feeder team. But for many reasons ofcourse we'll continue to sell our talents after they've been shapen to.
    Brazilians are still the best choice at price/quality ratio and most of them willing to sign with Shakhtar, while we have a strong presence on that market. That's why so many brazilians.

Shakhtar video on Fred:
    http://video.shakhtar.com/ru/v5364

Shakhtar vs. Dynamo full match in hight quality (log in with some social network to watch):
    http://video.shakhtar.com/en/v5359

14. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Let's congratulate Bernard Duarte, a new Shakhtar player signed for 5 years.
    As were reported previously, Shakhtar payed €25M for him to Galo.
    http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27889

[​IMG]

MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well done on signing Bernard. He was sought-after by a variety of clubs and the fact you were able to make this signing happen speaks very well of your ingenuity in the transfer market. I look forward to seeing your team in the CL again. :thumbsup:

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Wow what a big signing. He was already getting important minutes for Brazil this summer at Confed Cup. Arsenal wanted him but Shakhtar gave him better wages lol

Still don't get why Shakhtar won't try to buy another proven striker at a middling club in a top league. Darren Bent etc. as a 2nd option

17. Randomhero31

Randomhero31 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    PDX via Buffalo
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It says a lot when someone chooses Shakhtar over playing with Tottenham or Arsenal.

18. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    As a CSKA fan, I must say I'm jealous of Shaktar. Bernard - real CL signing

Who do we sign? Milanov and Zuber.

*facepalm*

19. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Thanks for all the kind words. Here's a short video on him in Donetsk before the official signing http://video.shakhtar.com/en/v5365
    Lucescu on Bernard: "During our conversation, I explained to him that the players whom we have right now can win the league title and won it last season. His presence here should help us make a step forward in the Champions League. He must understand that well. This is the reason why we have acquired Bernard."

Meanwhile, Shakhtar tore currently weak Tavriya apart without any problem. Fred is making things happen again, scoring a goal (4th in the season), making an assist and making two other goals happen. The only succesful newcomer so far. On the other note, Volovyk made a Shakhtar debut, Sobol made all the 90 minutes at the pitch in official game for the first time in the club (still lacks ability to play vs. teams that better than Tavriya), Fernando were decent, Srna and Teixeira are the very reason why this Shakhtar team works so good, L. Adriano .
    http://video.shakhtar.com/en/v5376

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gio-13, just out of curiosity, not trying to troll or step on toes, but nearly all your attackers and roughly half your midfielders are Brazillian, but none of your defenders either fullbacks or centerbacks are Brazillian. Is there a reason for this or no?

21. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Ismaily (LWB) is brazilian actually (despite he's not nearly a starter yet), but you're right, we're not looking for brazilians at defensive line (but that doesn't means that we're necessarily neglecting them at defence completely), especially not for CB position. There's a limit on foreigners (no more than 7 on the pitch at all times) for instance. Also I must to say that soviet-ukrainian football has better tradition on defensive play than what they have in Brazil Serie A and maybe South America in general. Also Shakhtar Academy products (Rakitskiy and Chygrynskiy, both CBs) having creativity, passing and even flair (Rakitskiy just loves to join attack when opportunity arrives) adding to their defensive skills. So why go Brazil then? Also there's a new rule on the quantity of club-grown players on the season squad. Lucescu admitted there's "eastern europeans at defence, south americans at attack" formula at one occasion.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Shakhtar Donetsk have completed the signing of Anton Shynder. Tavriya’s former striker has signed a 4-year contract with Shakhtar. 8th newcomer this transfer window.

[​IMG]

http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27984

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How many strikers is that now 6??? Still none with true European class. What was the point of this, in case they need to meet the Ukrainian quota in the UPL cupcake matches? Good for him though, got out of Tavriya while the ship was sinking and ends up at a top 15 club in Europe lol he must be ecstatic. How much did they pay I wonder? Under $3-5M or got raped like you did to us with Hladkiy's $7M fee lol

24. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Actually, Shakhtar has more like 4.5 strikers now (L. Adriano, Ferreyra, Maicon, Eduardo, Shynder), as Eduardo plays as midfielder more often. I guess Shynder (who once were a Shakhtar player) signing could be a goodbye for Maicon. I can't see a reason behind this signing otherwise, besides his ukrainian passport, pure physical attributes and experience.
    Shakhtar announced him for undisclosed fee, as it happens with ukrainian transfers. But Tavriya CEO admitted that Shakhtar targeted his release clause, whatever that be.

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He had a release clause lmao?!what about that other Brazilian guy, something Nem, is he not a striker then?