FC Shakhtar Donetsk na temporada 2013/14: What would Mircea do?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Gio-13, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    I guess it's time to finally start this.

Fernandinho's out, Raț out (18 years in the club combined), Hübschman's contract ends at winter, Shevchuk and Gai (another 27 years in the club, three of them) not getting any younger, no Ilsinho nor Gai at preseason camp.

Lots of brazucas, unexpirienced youngsters, finally a potentially great destroyer at CM (Fernando), another flashy-pacy attacker talent (Wellington Nem), ukrainian for CB and LB positions (Volovyk) instead.

Rumours of Nacer Chadli and Fred (SC Internacional one), both wanted by top clubs.

So Lucescu could play "young, inexpirienced team" card once again. Cloudy prospects @ UCL group, limit on foreingners, need of homegrown players in 25-man squad in oversaturated Shakhtar squad.

Despite all this, I bet that this is going to be the most interesting and entertaining season in last years. Expect the unexpected.

2. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season, too. Shakhtar have probably the best academy in Ukraine at the moment too and it would be cool to see a few of them work their way up to the first team (instead of getting loaned out to every bottom of the table team).

The left back spot is interesting for me. Shevchuk is ooold. Razvan is gone. Will Ismaily get the nod? Will young Sobol (very talented) get any meaningful time at that spot?

Also, what is happening with Lucescu? Is he still being courted by Fenerbache? I really hope he sticks around.

3. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    There's lots of uncertainty around LB position.
    Sobol got 30-45 minutes constantly last season as medals were almost secured, he's great talent I believe (and also would fit in clubgrown rule in two and a half years if he's not hit Illichivets till that time), but he's nowhere ready to play in top fixtures. So I guess he might stick to bench for a while, but it depends on what his competition could do.

Ismaily, on the other hand, almost never played last half of the year (just 66 minutes and a goal in official games plus 45 minutes of obscure perfomance vs. dynamo reserves), affected by lots of injuries and general poor physical form. It's hard to predict if he fits in, he could be easily become a dropout or a new hope, that's tought to predict.

If anything, there's always good ol' Kobin. But chances are that 34 y.o. Shevchuk who prolonged a contract for a year might orchestrate a swansong season.
    Also there's something subtle in Volovyk signing. I bet he's also a backup plan if those 4 LBs manage to screw up, as he has some experience at the position.

I apreciate the gesture of bringing up to preseason camp someShakhtar-3 leaders (they had a very good season indeed). But they probably wouldn't stick around for long as there's too little of preseason friendlies before tournament with Spartak, Zenit and Dynamo.

Lucescu been courted by various of turkish clubs ever since his departure to Shakhtar from there, every other year, no exeptions. But he stays at least for a year I believe. He could easily end career at Shakhtar as he noted a few times. He's also not young enough to face a new beginning.

4. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    LB position will probably be between Ismaily and Shevchuk with Sobol making some appearances. It will really depend on the pre-season, who the regular starter will be. I would guess Ismaily is gonna get the nod because he was bought for that position to be a starter.

Also Mkhitaryan is close to moving to Liverpool.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Where is this Ismaily guy from?

6. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He's Brazilians, but he played mostly in Portugal. They bought him from Braga.

7. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Gai officially became a Chornomorets player after 10+ years in Shakhtar.
    So maybe Ilson also somewhere looking for a new destiny.

Without Heno it would be a brand-new Shakhtar. Too many experienced miners left the team.

Only Shevchuk and Srna came in Shakhtar before Lucescu. Also Slava has a yearly contract, Tomáš (among those who came in with Lucescu) just till winter.

There was just one disaster season under Lucescu. Vorobey, Laštůvka, Tolga, Aghahowa, Pletikosa, Marica, Tymoschuk, Matuzalem, Elano left during and aroung that time, so Mircea had to build a new team that eventually became a lot stronger.

Also, about Marica, there's a video interview where Lucescu seriously considering to bring him back (Ciprian riding a pine at Schalke atm). Strange.

8. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
  9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

I didn't really follow UPL yet when Marica was still at Shakhtar, only the scores. I remember watching him play for Romania (euro 2008 prolly) and possibly some club games. Shakhtar definitely need to improve at striker, given how much money they have and established some respect and credibility in world futbol its amazing they haven't made any moves to improve their strike force. Heard a rumor they are looking at Parma's striker btw

10. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    There's just loads of rumours this transfer window, I personally already got tired of this.
    But there definitely at least one more of newcomers.
    Despite holidays for NT players ended, Eduardo and Mkhitaryan (who under heavy link with Liverpool atm) are yet to join Shakhtar at preseason camp.

On bright side, Shakhtar have signed a 18 y.o. ex-Arsenal GK Bogdan Sarnavskiy. Kid did 4 first team appearances in official fixtures for them last season.

Some kid in Shakhtar jersey at Spain - Tahiti match.
    [​IMG]

11. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Also we defeated Russian FC Krasnodar http://video.shakhtar.com/ru/v5187
    with A. Teixeira and A. Patrick playing in Hübschman and Fernandinho positions respectively in the first half. Needless to say that was just terrible defensively.
    Surprisingly Luiz Adriano tore them real good.
    Ismaily played better than Sobol in the second half. Maybe he became that luck challenger on LWM place. Still a little weak defensively.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

THat jersey is mad official with the Inter sponsor logo on the sleeve lol!!! Prolly can't find a better one in Ukraine

13. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
  14. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Shakhtar defeated albanian champions 7 to 0 playing a youth squad mostly in the second half.
    Sergiy Bolbat featured himself as quite a dribbler and scored two consecutive goals from 'Willian position'.
    Tankovskiy also blend in as a CM-deep-lying-playmaker.

Video: http://video.shakhtar.com/en/v5194

With arrival of Eduardo, only Mkhitaryan missing at preseason camp. Lots of hype around this one.

15. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I watched the highlights online, Bolbat took his goals very well. Fun to see the young guys in preseason.
    Curious to see what will happen with Mkhitaryan now. Liverpool are obviously keen but the 3rd party ownership issue means its going to drag on a while. Now with Fred likely coming in, Shakhtar seem to be preparing for life without him.

16. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Some of them were Shakhtar-3 leaders that were tearing Druga liga apart, including Bolbat.

Henrikh published a statement in facebook page that among else has no Shakhtar mentions, said he were going to Paris instead. So I guess if he fail to join us at preseason in the next couple of days he's as good as gone.
    Now he should secure that Fred deal (at least similar position to Mkhitaryan's), as it seems only brazilians are keen to play there.

On the other note, Fernando made a debut at Confederations Cup (he got just around 17 minutes though), his tackle started a 4th goal attack in Brazil.

Also there's rumours that we might go for Bafétimbi Gomis, I guess that can be solid, but it looks more like a Dynamo kind of transfer.

17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So. The losses of Fernandinho and Willian respectively last season, with the addition of possibly Mkhitaryan, will likely hit hard this season. How do you see your new additions of Fernando, Wellington Nem, and Fred assisting Shakhtar this season? Do you see them as worthy replacements for the talent you have lost? Or will Shakhtar perhaps step down a level? How do you see this team as shaping up overall?

18. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Cheers.

Fred (been linked with Borussia in the media, no idea if it really had something behind) deal still not finalized yet, if it going to happen, it will be done in the next couple of days. He's the flashiest talent among everybody else, but he's rawest too.
    They are all definitely great talents and at least one going to become an essential part of the team. I personally fancy Fernando chances the most.

But you shouldn't expect them to blen in instantly, rather this years' UCL going to be played by the old school. Funny thing is both for Fernandinho and Willian it took 2 years to became leaders in Shakhtar. They didn't really get much minutes at the first years. Their game changed and became more solid by that time and adapted to ukrainian, european football, as it way more tough physically in the first place and there's more other details. I don't see why those rules can't apply to those newcomers. Also, only W. Nem at preseason now, while he has the better positional competition than the others. Fred still not signed yet while Fernando got just like 17 minutes at Confederations Cup and might be awarded with some holiday before joining Shakhtar. At it's hard for almost any player to get into Lucescu lineup without preseason. So basically I definitely admire all of them, but they more like next seasons things.

As Shakhtar as a whole, I don't see us doing better in UCL than last year, still we're capable to make it to 1/8 again or going far in UEL in we hit 3rd place. I'm not sure really. And also I expect a LOT more competition domestically, with Metalist joining the gold race and us doing some mistakes because of team refreshment.

We have some LWB, CM and AT problems, that's about all.

19. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It will be very interesting to see how the "new look" Shakhtar will blend this season. Big changes to the squad, but always lots of new talents coming in. Gio is spot on in his assessments I think. I saw the Gomis link as well, not sure if he will answer their striker questions altogether. Entering their first full season without Willian, Ferna and possibly Henrikh will put some extra strain on the attack, but I still feel like they won't struggle to create chances. If they can recruit a top class finisher to replace Adriano I think many of their growing pains could be masked.

Gio, have you heard of any other strikers linked with a move to Donetsk? In the past I have seen Gomis and Kadlec very tentatively linked.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Actually he got beaten on that play by a really nice move, it was Gustavo who made the tackle. Nevertheless I liked his style in the short time I saw of him. Good body type for a center mid too. Thanks for the insight on Shakhtar happenings, interesting period for them

21. Sergius64

Sergius64 Member

May 10, 2007
  22. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Mircea is displeased with Ismaily whom he gave much playing time as credit, but now he employs Shevchuk as a caretaker while giving some time to Sobol trying to escalate his development for the first team football.

Now we have Facundo Ferreyra and think that's it for now. The kid is a beast at FM, still not solved in real life. He could easily either flop or became a new star.

23. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Another great victory over Dynamo
    http://video.shakhtar.com/en/v5356

Today, 4 September, during Shakhtar’s game with Dynamo, the Pitmen’s defender has become a dad to a baby girl Stefania. Congratulations!

Vyacheslav, can we congratulate you on another very important event apart from the win over Dynamo?
    - Yes, right in the first half, the daughter was born to me! I learnt that during the break, on my way to the dressing room: the chief administrator approached me and said that everything is fine with the baby and the mother!

- Have you chosen the name for her?
    - We have named the girl Stefania.

- Have the teammates already congratulated you?
    - Yes, I immediately told that to the captain Darijo Srna. The lads congratulated me right on the field, in front of the fans. It was very delightful.

- How would you rate the opponents’ game today? At the open training session before the match Mister said that you were facing a brand new Dynamo ...
    - Yes, Dynamo has a lot of new players who played in good European teams. But they need time to adapt, get used to it. Although I would point out that Dynamo’s style has not changed. They play physical football: long pass, gathering, counterattacks. The games against Dynamo always turn out to be good and tough! And I'm glad that we won in this very difficult fight!

24. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Shakhtar made an offer to Khacheridi. Dynamo could got €12M. What a neat move from the Club. And we could get 2nd best dogfighter centreback in Ukraine after Kucher.

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Surkis already declined the offer. Not enough.