FC Porto vs Real Madrid[R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Jankauskas going to come in the game,

Marselha winning dois a zero

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if it stays like this, the standings will be like this

Real Madrid 6 pts
    Marselha 3 pts
    Porto 1 pt
    Partizan 1

3. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Deco got an yellow card. He won´t play against Marselha.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    that's bad news,
    it looks like finally Real Madrid is controlling the game

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Casillas making the difference with 3 World class saves'

Casillas again

6. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Casillas makes a great defense again.

7. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Marselha is winning by 3 goals.

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    it look like Baia just made a good save,
    I believe Porto can beat Marselha and Partizan

9. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Me too, but after today´s results Porto will have a hard time to pass this round.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't think any of the three teams can take points away from Real Madrid

I want to thank you, stop by more often, we also have a Boavista forum, on the clubs forum

11. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Freis,

Porto just played the best team in the world. It sounds as if Casillas didn’t come up big, Porto could have come away with a point. Regardless, this group has always been a battle for second place. Porto needs to take care of business against Marseille and Partizan.

12. RuiJorge2002

RuiJorge2002 New Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Southeastern MA
    I think the worst part of this match was that Deco's yellow will keep him out of the Marseille game. I was expecting Real to dominate (I mean, they're Real Madrid), but losing Deco for the next game is big. They can't afford to lose to Marseille if they want to advance. It's going to be tough.

13. decobraziliant

decobraziliant New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    bro what are u talking about??? Deco is still there. He only got 2!!

14. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Thanks, i will stop by more often, but to be honest i am not much of "fanatic". I usually only watch internacional games, or portuguese "classics" (Boavista games i try to follow more often of course).

15. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    True, i have no doubt that if it wasn´t Casillas brilliant defenses the result could be very different. But with a draw in Belgrade, and a loss at home against Real (and Marselha result today) things are getting difficult for Porto.

16. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I agree.

But let's look at Porto's remaining games (not in order):

at Madrid (probable loss)
    Partizan (probably win at home)

It just is going to come down to what happens in its matches against Marseille.

17. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    It seems that the 2 next matchs OM-Porto will be the key for the second place, looks like a cup turn...

Is this true that Deco will not be there?It would be a good new for us.

18. decobraziliant

Aug 28, 2003
    Don't u need 3 yellows to get suspended from a game from european competion??? Deco only has 2 yellows he just has to pay attention in the next game...

19. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    I verified it's 3 yellows, so, Deco will be there, but it's not a big problem, Marseille will win this match against Porto with or without Deco...

20. decobraziliant

Aug 28, 2003
    are u crazy?? Porto is gonna beat Marseille pretty badly...I think it's gonna be another Porto vs. Lazio!! When we beat them 4-1. Sure Marseille beat Partizan but they were at home. Well see what happens I'm almost 100% sure Porto is gonna win. Anyway I believe Porto Played much better against Real then Marseille.

21. gento

gento New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Valencia(Spain)
    So true,Porto have no weakness,and Real are a bunch of overpaid and over the hill players.
    By the way,1-3.Good luck in the UEFA Cup.

22. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Oh, i don't know..but it seems like Porto this year just does not have the focus and determination of last year. Mourinho keeps saying the team is better this year but i personally don't think so. Having said that, i still think Porto has a chance of qualifying for the nockout rounds even though is gonna be really tough. They "must win against Marseille" if they are to have a chance, taking in consideration that they play 2 games at home in the second round and they win bolth, and Madrid wins everthing there is to win. I belive Porto can do it.

Btw, saying that Porto has no weakness is a bold statement just as bold as saying that Real Madrid's players are a bunch of over the hill overpaid players.
    The fact is Real Madrid is one of the best teams there is and i would take them as favorites against any other team, but that is not saying they won't loose after all, they are just human.

23. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    keep cool...
    I know that Porto has a best team than OM, but the diferrence is not so big, and OM can make it, our weakness at this time is the left back, I hope Dos Santos will come back soon, he really can increase our level...
    Another weakness is that most of our players play their first european competition, we have a team under construction, for exemple Drogba was playing in ligue 2, two years ago...
    I really think these matchs will be very close...

24. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Absolutly... the match in France will be very close even though Porto is a much more experient team in European competitions, but OM is playing at home and they also have to win the game because the second round is not on OM side.. you guys have two away games and get Real Madrid at home... not easy.

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    31,7 percent watch the Porto vs Real Madrid game, on RTP, over 2,2 million on a country less of 10million

SHARE» DE 31,7 POR CENTO
    FC Porto-Real Madrid coloca RTP em primeiro lugar

O FC Porto- Real Madrid de ontem colocou a RTP no primeiro lugar das audiências televisivas, com um "share" do outro mundo: 31,7 por cento.

O jogo europeu, que os espanhóis ganharam por 3-1, justificando o epíteto de "equipa galáctica", foi visto em média por 2,2 milhões de espectadores, ou seja 23,2 por cento de "rating", um valor muito superior aos habituais líderes diários de audiências.

Muito distante, mas em segundo lugar no ranking dos programas mais vistos, ficou a novela "Saber Amar" (TVI), com 15,1/36,1 por cento, exibida logo a seguir ao futebol da RTP.

Na terceira posição ficou a série da SIC "Os Malucos do Riso" (11,9/28,2), enquanto o "Telejornal" (RTP 1), que beneficiou do impacto do futebol, conseguiu chegar à quarta posição (10,8/25,5), enquanto a novela brasileira "Mulheres Apaixonadas" (SIC) regressou ao top, depois de alguns dias de ausência.