FC Porto - End of 2016/2017 discussion

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by BatatasFritas, May 13, 2017.

1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Benfica wins the tetra and we finish in 2nd. Seems like a small improvement over last season but we chocked in too many games in the final stretch.

How many teams out there that only lose one game and don't win the league? That right is it us. Too many ties in this up and down season.

NES has to go. Could not motivate the guys in crucial games. Seemed clueless most of the time

Bhrahimi needs to be sold and bring in another similar player and hope for the best.

Our defence was rock solid.

Casillas had a heck of a season. Kept us in the race.

Need a coach who can capitalize on the Andre Silva/Tiquinha partnership. They are the key to next season.

Danilo was a monster, not sure how we can replace him.

It's Saturday night and I'm on big soccer, I feel like a loser.

2. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011

What's there to say? You've pretty much summarized our season with what needs to be done.

What's frustrating about this season was that the championship was within our reach.
    We just couldn't capitalize.

Without a doubt, NES needs to go but who do we get to replace him????
    Do we take a gamble on another year with him or do we roll the dice on another coach???

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How about the Cagao Marco Silva? Should we risk it with him? I know we have talked about him for a while but I really don't know who we can go after this summer. We can't risk seeing Benfica win the Penta.

4. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    To analyze this past season's failures you really have to look at the way managers are being treated by the SAD

José Peseiro should've never been given the job but the way he was sacked was downright pitiful, Porto has more class than that.

For me Nuno had a squad that was capable but his decision making was woeful. I don't know if NES will get sacked or not

For me it's Marco Silva or bust

5. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Strongly believe that Jose Peseiro could've done a much better job than Nuno.

The season he was in charge the squad look like shit

6. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
  7. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Anyone have any idea on who might be coming in?

8. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    There are so many rumours.
    I think I even heard that Vic is being considered.

BatatasFritas repped this.
  9. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    That rumour was on Sol Portugues of Toronto. They overheard me talking about coaching Porto at Caldense bakery and ran with the story. I'm not confirming or denying this rumour.

10. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    #10 vaiamerda, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Funny, but seriously you'd do a better job than that stiff.
    NES owes me big time. I ate a crow for that prick.
    A crow and that prick lets me down.
    He had the title in his hands and all he had to do was grow a set a balls.

Whoever comes in next better have the motivational skills of a god.
    The fact is our team needs some $$$. We are for sure going to be selling a few players and add the fact we are going to have a new coach, we'll things don't look to optimistic.

As for names, we'll let's see. MS is rumoured to be in the mix but there are rumblings of him going to Watford for big $$$$$$. I've also heard of Carlos C. Folha which I think is silly, Sergio C. And Pedro E. Have I forgotten anyone?

11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    We will probably end up with Jorge Costa. My favourite Porto player of all time but he can't coach for sh!t.

Honestly, I have no idea who would be a good fit. I don't want another experiment, we need someone with big quelhoes.

I really don't want to see another rebuild year and watch Benfica get the Penta.

12. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I thought we were getting Marco Silva and now I read that he is in talks with Crystal Palace?

13. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    The silly season has begun.
    There's all sort of rumours.
    Heck like said earlier, even Vic is linked as the manager.
    He's even bringing me in as a co manager.
    I'll be in charge of putas and vinho verde.

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The media was even tracking his flights plans the other day. I also read about how Sergio Conceicao was in Portugal and could sign on with Porto. I hate all these stupid rumors.

Seriously, vaiamerda and I could run the team. We would also have to reinstate the now defunct cafe com leite program.

15. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    As co-manager my responsibility is to taste test all the fruita to make sure it is fresh, relatively speaking, and satisfying. Vic, you'll have to run the bloody team as I'll be permanently located in Brasil, ensuring that the fruita is FRESH!

On a serious note, Portuguese media is screaming that MS has signed with Watford for 2 years, fuc k me.
    http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/made-...63.648454128.1495844827-1675136708.1495590759

Watford over FCP, how the mighty have fallen.