FC Metz

Discussion in 'Korea' started by FlashM11, Jul 11, 2005.

1. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    What **********ing kind of pretentious Korean bloke goes by "Andre"?

2. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    'Bloke'? Lol. Sebcoe, where are you from?

3. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    The Editors of French Catholique quarterly sincerely apologize for the misprint appearing in an earlier edition.

Here is the correct caption:

The newly converted South Korean International Ahn Jung-Hwan, has recently found his second calling as a choir boy for the newly-formed Asiatique boy choir, which will be administered and spiritually advised by the Achbishop of Nantes, Guy LaRoche (no relation to the designer of the same name) pictured at left. Ahn has been given special clauses within his contract allowing him to miss those Sunday games that he would likely be benched, especially after the recovery of Metz's injured strikers. Seated to Ahn's right is the newly-appointed choirmaster, Myung-whun Chung, former conductor of the Opera Bastille, who has recently recovered from a bout with cancer. "Ahn has a lovely counter-tenor voice, and he is has the potential to be a soloist someday, provided he undergoes an anatomical adjustment that would enable him to reach the higher registers," Chung enthused.

Ahn, however, has other more pressing concerns. "I only hope I don't have to cut my hair short."

4. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Another thing...

Why is he sitting on that guys lap?

jk

5. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ive seen similar photos of old dudes in Bankok, Thailand soliciting young boys.

6. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Andre Kim is a renowned fashion designer, often ridiculed for his eccentricities (but with good humour) but respected by many who know him. And knowing his original name, I don't blame him for assuming 'Andre' ;)

7. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    thanks for that, mate :)

8. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

MAN-CHILD!!!

9. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Lol :D
    And the joke Hong suk-chun made about him lol

10. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Haha that's a way to put it

11. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Thanks for the insight. What is his Korean name, just curious. And what are some of these eccentricities you mentioned? And what stars has he designed for other than our golden choir boy?

12. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    well, his attires are quite often outrageous, he 'looks' rather eccentric, and he speaks with this heavy nasal tone et c etc... If you can read Korean, you'll be able to find heaps of stuff on the net by searching for 앙드레 김, or 김봉남 ;) He has designed for many stars - I dunno if they wear his clothes, but they certainly walk on the stage with his clothes on for his fashion shows - the last one I remember featured Kim Tae-Hee and Kim Won-Rae, I think.

13. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    I can read Korean, but my vocab is quite limited. It takes me a long time to get through anything like a newspaper article, and I have to use my dictionary so much, that it's not worth the time.

Anyway, you're luckier than I am, living in Oz, because you can watch these games live right? I can't because it's 3AM here in Chicago.

14. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    ah, I see, it'd be like me trying to read Japanese - so I hardly ever bother :)

well, uh, the soccer coverage in Australia is rather poor, so I wouldn't really say ppl in Oz are lucky in terms of viewing accessibilty - webcasts help a bit to be sure, but otherwise, meh. It was quite convenient during WC2002 though, heh.

15. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Andre Kim is probably Korea's best civilian diplomat and despite his looks, there's nothing to laugh about him:)

16. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Hahahaha. You are off of my list as evidenced by my stop neg rep'ng you in rokfootball forum. I swear it is someone else who is neg rep'ng you in that forum. Right, Elliad?

17. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    [​IMG] ...... :)

18. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    well, in my defence most of his pos reps were given by me too ;)

19. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So it's a love/hate relationship?

20. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LMAO! you lot are killing me here :D. it seems my attempt at getting this thread back on track was for naught ;). thanks for the chuckles...

it's cuz a lot of these players come from former French colonies and they hold French passports. as a result, they speak French and their adjustment is that much easier. i'm not quite sure, but i don't think their import regs are any different than any other league.

with Hyok and K:theCore on this one, some of his stuff is hideous. that "thing/frock" Ahn is wearing? i liken it to that frilly pirate shirt Jerry had to wear when he went on the tonite show (Kramer's girlfriend had designed it - the low talker). do any of you remember when AK used to design the team uni's for the KOR Olympic teams? i wish i could find a pic for y'all. horrendous. but then again, clothing wise, i tend to sway to the Banana Republic side of things so...

:D

no worries, mate

21. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    kim, for his outfit at the korean movie awards, wore this white space-suitish with football pads underneath kind of thing. he kinda looked like some guy out of tron. definetely weird. and he powdered his face and hair and all of it seemed to flake everywhere. personally, i wonder if he went by some really korean name, like jin-suk or chul-soo, if he'd be famous. seriously, if the guy looks that ridiculous, how great of a designer can the man be?

22. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    perhaps it's his way of gaining recognition and fame, as it is with most other designers around the world. The world of fashion is often more about brand recognition rather than actual quality and practically, I seem to gather.

23. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    well...most of those "branded" designers actually make gorgeous stuff, that on the right body looks great. like, i got to meet tom ford once, he was impecabally dressed. very impressed. my uncle is also a fashion designer in japan and he's a bit famous i guess (i've seen some of his work in magazines). and he too dresses very well. i figure, they're in the business of making people look good, and, usually, they do as well (at least the clothes do, the face, that a different story)