FC Indiana Thread [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Tsunami, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I'm planning to post a lot in it - but the last thread I found for them was a month ago and it mentioned a signing.

This comes under the heading "the rich get richer", as there is an announcement on the WPSL thread that has this as the opening paragraph:

2. Bad Soccer

Bad Soccer New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Re: FC Indiana Thread

Apparently they're not as rich as you think this season. Not with these results.

Friday May 26 7:00 PM Tennessee FC Lady Blues 2 FC Indiana 1 TBA
    Saturday May 27 7:00 PM Memphis Mercury 1 FC Indiana 2 Britland Park
    Friday June 02 7:00 PM FC Indiana 2 Memphis Mercury 2 Goshen Soccer Park

1-1-1 in their first three games against these Tennessee powerhouses? They need Maribel.

3. oldgoalie

oldgoalie New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Midwest

Or maybe the Tennessee teams are better than you think. Surely you attended at least one of the games before posting your comments?

4. Bad Soccer

Bad Soccer New Member

Jan 12, 2006

OldGoalie - Have you been following women's soccer at all in the past year? :confused: Let me refresh you. After they won their four regular season games last year, FC Indiana had a great weekend in the playoffs in 2005 winning the WPSL Championship. Then they won the so-called "Open Cup" and all of a sudden they were the second best team in the world. I don't have to be anywhere near the field for these games to know that these results are not befitting a Top 5 team in the world. No disrespect to women's soccer in Tennessee but the best teams in the world should have no problem beating any team from Tennessee.

5. oldgoalie

oldgoalie New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Midwest

That's what I thought -- you don't watch soccer. You read about it on printouts of old archived webpages. Get over it. Go out and catch some games. Kick a ball around. Then write.

6. Bad Soccer

Bad Soccer New Member

Jan 12, 2006

You're completely missing the point and I will no longer discuss this issue with someone as foolish as you.

7. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Bad Soccer's main point got lost in this, and I have to agree with it. For one of the WPSL's poster organizations, a 1-1-1 start for Indiana is not what they (or anyone that has been following the praises of Indiana) expected, especially against two new expansion clubs in the league.

8. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the US Women's National Team lost to Costa Rica, tied Ghana, and narrowly beat Scotland, I don't think I'd need to attend the games to conclude that the WNT had some issues.

9. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP

Yeah, but it would make it more interesting to watch - than playing the powerhouses the USWNT usually play

10. oldgoalie

oldgoalie New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Midwest
    Yes, but you put it so much better.

11. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'd be interested to find out more about why FC Indiana is having such a disappointing season from someone who has actually had a chance to watch the club play this year.

12. Liz Alvarez

Liz Alvarez New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

F[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]C Indiana coach Shek Borkowski has talked with defender Corie Moore and said he expects her join the Lionesses for the 2011 season.
    Several reports revealed that Moore was interested in returning to Colorado Force where she played last season.
    However, Borkowski has insisted that Moore will be in Indianapolis next season and is not going anywhere else.
    The Lionesses boss said: "The conversation went well - I am confident she'll be at FC Indiana next season.”
    Moore helped FC Indiana to WPSL league title and US Open Cup title in 2007, and a second place W-League finish in 2008.
    She spent the 2010 season playing for Colorado Force where she appeared in all 10 games averaging 78 minutes per game.

Liz Alvarez
    lizalvarez@fcindiana.us
    [/FONT]

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So Shek is back. So who is the financial backing behind FC Indiana now?

FC Indiana, if it wants to be as good as the WPS teams, needs to go into the WPS. Otherwise it will get the WPS leftovers.
    Unless they have an owner that is willing to pay a lot of money to its players.

Why not try to get an ownership group to go into the WPS as an Indianapolis franchise?

14. Liz Alvarez

Liz Alvarez New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I will attempt to regularly, once a week or so, post updates here.
    Liz Alvarez
    lizalvarez@fcindiana.us[/FONT]

15. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If FC Indiana has a great business plan, a coach confident in profitability, solid investors, and plans to pay players, why aren't you bcming a WPS team?

16. Liz Alvarez

Liz Alvarez New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    kool-aid, I am not in the position to answer this question, sorry.

17. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Once a week updates???

Who would hang there hat on winning the wpsl??

The biggest self promoter--

18. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    As writer Jeff Kassouf of Sports Ilustrated and equalizersoccer.com stated "When Shek Borkowski talks, people should really listen,

Can someone state the source???

19. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Shek Borkowski, at least is committed to the women's game. I think he does know what he's talking about.

Looking back, I think maybe he should have been hired as the Chicago Red Stars coach at the beginning. Instead, Wilt hired Marcia McDermott as GM who in turn hired Emma Hayes and now you know the rest of the story.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, it was he who came up with the idea of a WPS team in Chicago. Shek contacted Peter Wilt and introduced him to Gary Weaver. That's how the ball started rolling from what I read.

He may be a self promoter, but aren't most people? The problem is that people may take that as arrogant and no one wants a percieved self promoting know-it-all on their organization. Rubs people the wrong way. Especially the insecure ones.

Personally, I find his comments refreshing and knowledgeable.

20. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Please tell me what he has done in women's soccer prior to FC Indiana?

Can you find anything on him?

Winning the WPSL means nothing--A very weak league that no serious team joined!!

Winning the Open cup- Again no one ever competed in this.

So take those Amateur gains away and you are left with what?

Now he then went into the W-League and was one of the couple pro teams in the league and lost to an amateur team!

Didn't he once promote himself to be the next National team coach of Ghana?
    the Ghana came out and said they knew nothing about that???

Mrad I hope you would want to know a coach better and also accomplish more then this guy to lead a pro team.

21. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006

Anyone? Also weekly updates??

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is the offseason. Wait a couple of months.

23. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    What is this WMLS they are playing in?

They stated they will be having updates......They are reading this you know that as well as i do!

24. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    I did write that in a piece from months back in which Shek shared his World XI with me. I didn't know that was up on the site, but it is an accurate quote from a column. I'll look to dig it up...the site is in transition right now, so I will need a bit to dig it up.

25. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    You are Jeff k?