FC Groningen [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 16, 2002.

1. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No he didn't sign.....According to him 'it didn't feel good'
    He was under the impression they (the management) were half hearted about it, only Martin Koopman (Ginde FC's dutch coach) wanted him real bad....

a day later there was a report that chinese soccer clubs have huge debts :rolleyes:

A foreign adventure might be nice but not if you get involved in a disaster

2. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Must be cause they're busy funding our huge national debt.

3. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Utrecht - FC Groningen

Allright!!!........[​IMG] Nevland [​IMG]

HT 1-2

'8 0-1 Nevland
    '18 1-1 Cornelisse
    '40 1-2 Nevland

v Gessel (FCG) and Cornelisse (FCU) off with injuries...

So far so good, we're razor sharp once we get up front, and look comfortable handling the Utrecht pressure.
    I just wish we would defend a little futher away from the box....

4. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    *Whew*......too close

FCU-FCG 1-2 FT

Same as the first half, except we weren't razor sharp in front of goal this time. Nevland and Seedorf missed good opportunities to seal the deal a little earlier. Krstev's missed chance in front of an empty net in the last minute will be nominated for 'Screw-up of the season'....
    Utrecht continued to play erratic, but they were able to put on a lot of pressure which created a lot of chaos in the Groningen box. At least that's what it looked like on 'tv', the players didn't seem to be bothered by it....

First win in Utrecht since 1996, and our fifth away win of the season.

5. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nice win for your boys there today, WG

6. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Most certainly........

I must say: now that my team is using it, i'm really starting to develop a taste for catenaccio :D

7. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Groningen- PSV

'44 0-1 Farfan

As I expected: a very dull game and a clean victory for PSV. They wanted to take it easy and therefore the pace of the game was extremely low. Groningen did well by not trying to play attacking football and hope for a lucky break up front.
    It nearly paid off, Drent's header in the last minute could've been a nasty surprise for PSV but it hit the post.....

8. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nice run of form at the moment. 5th place, one out of fourth.

9. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Damn damn!!!

Scoreless draw vs. Heracles, not good! :mad:
    I knew our stroke of luck would end sometime, but we should've netted at least one yesterday. Especially Cornelisse had the winner on his shoe a couple of times.
    To be fair, credit goes out to Heracles too. They are a well organised team and that japanese guy up front is a dangerous fellow.

10. nickeanderson

nickeanderson Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Lund
    How is Rasmus Lindgren performing? Is he a regular starter?

11. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's been a fine addition to our squad so far. Provides some much needed power on midfield and also has above average passing and vision. I really hope we can make a nice deal with Ajax and keep him. I don't think he's quite good enough for them, but fits perfectly in a growing team like ours....

12. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And now he's ours......:)

Rasmus Lindgres has signed a four year deal, starting next season. His contract with Ajax runs out this summer. Details concerning the transfer fee were undisclosed.

Perfect! Best solution for everyone..... He's not going to take Ajax to the next level (or the previous level, depending how you look at it ;) ) but he's certainly a great permanent addition to the squad.

13. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :mad:

Goddamn! that has to be the biggest meltdown since Chernobyl....
    A 5-0 thrashing at the hands of the league's no. 17.

Don't know what caused this apathetic 'performance' (arrogance, fatigue?) but this had better be an one off. Still not complaining about our overall situation this season, but losing in this fashion is unacceptable. No matter if you're in first or last place

14. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Hey, new member here. I was wondering if there were any news sites in English about the club, given that my Dutch is very poor :D . How exactly did the team lose 5-0 to such a low-tier team? Seems bizarre.
    Also, will the new 20Kseater stadium make a serious difference in revenue?
    In short, I'd like to learn more about the Trots van het Noorden. :cool:

15. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    First serious pre-season action today...

FC Groningen - FC Porto 2-2

13’ Nevland 1-0; 60’ Adriano 1-1, 65’ Nevland 2-1, 91’ Bosingwa 2-2.
    Yellow cards: 2’ Jorginho (diving), 70’ Buijs (late tackle on Anderson)

Not bad, considering Porto are current portuguese titleholders and a traditional top side. Judging by what i've seen today it looks like the FC can continue where they left at the end of last season.

16. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hi Groningen fans, just wondering if you could provide any information on Graham Ramalho and what kind of progress he's making at you club? thanks in advance!

17. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    3 young Canadians born in 1989 have signed with the Groningen U19 team after impressing when their Vancouver selects U18 team defeated them 4-0 last winter.

ROBBIE GIEZEN, midfielder
    Signed with FC Groningen under-19 team, Netherlands.
    Born in Vancouver, Giezen, 17, played with North Vancouver's Mount Seymour clubs until age 12. Member of under-14, under-15 and under-16 B.C. provincial teams, including the under-16 team that won Canadian all-star championship in 2005. He has participated at Canadian national training centres since the under-15 level and is a member of Canada's under-18 national team.
    MARCUS HABER, DEFENDER
    Signed with FC Groningen under-19 team.
    The 17-year-old Vancouver native played with the city's Dunbar soccer clubs until age 11. Haber also played with the Vancouver Selects as an underage player from the under-14 to under-18 levels. He was a member of the under-14, under-15 and under-16 B.C. provincial teams, including the 2005 team that won the national all-star championship. A former member of Canada's under-17 team, he currently plays for the national under-18 team.
    MICHAEL NONNI, WINGER
    Signed with FC Groningen under-19 team.
    Nonni, 17, played with West Vancouver youth clubs until age 12. He was a member of the Vancouver Selects under-14 through under-18 teams and has played in B.C. provincial finals every year since under-14. He was also a member of the B.C. provincial team that won the national all-star championship in 2005, and has participated in national training centre camps the past two years.

18. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Good stuff today! :D

19. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah,excellent!Thanks Groningen and congrats! :D

20. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heheh...good times :D

I was standing in the pit at a lost prophets gig when i received a text message from a friend of mine. The next few songs sounded extra great...

21. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ramalho is currently a starter in Jong FC Groningen, but he isn't exactly on the verge of breaking into the lineup of the first team....
    Then again, no one is. The influx of young players into the first team has been very low last couple of seasons altogether. As i never watch jong FCG i can't really comment on his performance and wether he's making progress or not...

22. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Almost kick-off time....

And I'm nervous as hell!! 1st european match since 14 years. Shame I couldn't afford to make the trip to Belgrade, but watching it on the telly will do fine, friggin' uefa cup man!!!

23. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough break today. To be fair, Partizan Belgrade away has to be one of the tougher fixtures in Europe. Hope you guys fare better on the home leg.

24. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks for the update! I also heard he might be injured right now?

25. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    4-2 final score....

Huge case of stage fright in the first half IMO. Bogus penalty kick for Partizan in the 6th and after that just 2 more chances, which unfortunately both resulted in goals. Roorda didn't look very good on those 2 really....

2nd half was much better. More fighting spirit, less fear and jittery players. First chance was immediately converted; a nice long cross to Nevland who put it on the edge of the box where Fledderus volleyed it just under the bar. The match was pretty equal from then on with Partizan footballing slightly easier and making less unforced errors.
    Groningen were playing a lot more opportunistic which resulted in a lot of offside calls, some of which were quite horribly judged by the Latvian linesman. I dare say we got a little shafted there....

Then 5 mins. before the end Partizan net the 4th from a scrimmage just inside the box, all seems lost. But in injury time substitute Suarez chases a hopeless looking long ball, yet he manages to squeeze himself in front of the Partizan defender and lift it over the goalie with his toe....

A very tough home game awaits us but beating a more talented opponent 2-0 or 3-1 is someting we've done before and I certainly see us doing it again.