FC Frisco Trip 09/30

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Art Vandaley, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woah, woah! We should drop our superiority complex? Look in a f*cking mirror when you say that next time.

2. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    my apologies.

and I agree with the above post. we shouldnt let it grow our heads, its not about the groups, its about the team.

and if you think about it the groups don't have the right to pat themselves on the back. EB wouldn't be here without TA and TA wouldn't be nearly as good as it is without EB.

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hush or he'll red card your ass :eek:
    Oh, wait. he can't do that here, can he?? :confused:

4. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    Simple...because we can...

Good...you enjoy watching FCD lose at home. Now head on back to your forum. I'm sure there is infractions to be given out.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Sorry, but I do have standards for common decency that I can't go below. If members of my group were commiting the kinds of acts that Houston fans have consistently done in their visits to PHP I would have a problem with it....and I would say so publicly. I wouldn't hide behind excuses or claim it wasn't really members of TA/EB doing it. Be a leader, not an excuse maker.

The Dallas board had a much more tolerant policy toward Houston fans posting up until this weekend...but nice strawman argument there.

6. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RE: Some movement in your group...
    I think he's talking about getting your bowels going. Or maybe he means getting bigger! I know it was hard to ask people to support the burn, I mean, they always responded, "There's a cream for that." so it should be easier now that it's the FC. Right?

Good laughs when I have to explain to non-soccer fans what F.C. stands for and that they're hoops and bulls involved, but their mascot might as well be Where's Waldo.

I like how from the visitor section that blow-up bull/tunnel player's entrance looks like a donkey.

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    My 4 year old thinks the mascot is supposed to be a pig, because the pink mouth looks likes a pigs snout. I gotta say, it never occured to me before he made the mistake, but, damn, he's right....that's the piggiest looking cow I've ever seen.

8. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    a pig with horns... seems like an egyptian diety.

9. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    ironic....:rolleyes:

10. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    And it's similarly effective.

11. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly wasn't but, whatever.

We have the ego because, well, in case you haven't noticed, you are Dallas and we are Houston. We are better in something than you. We have ego.

I'm sure Cowboy fans love to gloat over how "great" their POS team is compared to our even more POS team.

Just the way it is.

Btw, did god forgive all your sins during/after the game? :rolleyes::p

12. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    the biggest problem with ours is it looks consistantly coked up.

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    That's a problem?? Sounds like a major benefit, in regards to mascotism. The more freaked out the better, if you ask me.

14. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    laugh out loud.
    you know youre making nice with the lousy, no good waste of humanity that got arrested? proud of you, tex.

15. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    he seems to humble down when FCD is in their usual season ending suck-fest

16. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My crew was only there for toby mac as well. It was a no-brainer as they marketed it:

Toby Mac in concert! Free whack-a-fish t-shirt with pre-order.

17. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, my friendTexgator, is and always will be the reason you all have a "Cliche" or click, and not a vibrant growing supporters group.

You know when a body of water doesn't have a fresh supply coming into it, it will stagnate and dry up." Consider this when you guys whine about not drawing 'Hispanics to your merry band of overeaters anonymous candidates dwindle even more.
    Sorry, Tex somebody had to say it!!

18. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's it! The People's Elbow, and the Whack-a-Fish! :cool:
    Listen, Myself and others were blasting our, what you boys might call, questionable chants towards the crowd sitting beside/behind us. But no children in particular, infact, I smiled and gave out winks to all the kids who made some type of gesture at me. No one said anything offensive directly to any child, but there were kids there hearing it. I'm sorry, but if you're taking your kids to a pro match of any sport, and are expecting a completely family friendly environment, with 0 cussing...you're a dreamer. This is especially true for the world sport, which is notorious for being the most passion inspiring game. Not even that suburban hell you call the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex can save them from a few heard dirty words and insults. I have the common sense to know not to take my kids to a rated R flick if I don't want them to see tetas and hear "shit". I wont awlk them into a bar and be pissed because people had the nerve to drink infront of my kids. The same goes for matches. Si no quieren ver desmadre, alejense de la cancha!

19. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha! When we started up last year, we got nothing but a holier-than-thou attitude from Dallas fans both on the forums and in person, and an Inferno leader that spoke of 10 years of "worthy information" that he may or may not share with us and bragged about putting $50K of his own money into FCD. We got nothing but superiority complex from y'all.

Karma's a bitch ain't it? Now you know the other side of the coin.

As for your wonderful members, one of the biggest reasons for the strife between our SGs was one of your own throwing beer cans at female TA members last year, and Sunday another one spat at people and flipped us off when we were trying to leave the stadium in peace. You got problems of your own.

20. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I am. Maybe not texgator's specifically because I don't know him from Adam but I definitely question some of their supposedly more devoted fans. Just showing up every game doesn't cut it and I do wonder some times what they consider to be "committed" ever since the first Dallas/Houston game last year.

Just a heads up, it's a rivalry. We're supposed to belittle you...it's what we do and frankly, I have to take advantage of the fact we are dominating while we are because I know that at some point, the roles will be reversed.

Again, I'm pretty sure any fans in a rivalry will have a superiority complex in their mind over the opposing team's fans. It's the same reason why Dallas fans like to feel they are morally better people than Houston fans. The results on the field show you can't rely on your team to make you feel superior. The people in the stands show you can't say your support is superior. But you can create a superiority complex by smearing all Houston fans and building up Dallas fans as moral angels who support soccer "the right way".

21. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before you say that what we have done is worse (and it probably is), but relatively speaking to how big each teams fan base is, it is really about even ;):D

22. webfoot

webfoot Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Corpse in Houston, spirit in Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    This goes to Texgator--
    I knew there was a reason I hated Dallas even when I lived in Portland, Oregon for the first 37 years of my life. Your superiority complex is extremely annoying. Gotta love that "America's Crackwagon" err, team.
    Nice self gloss, assholes.

Next up is your sorry ass. What the hell are you doing posting in our forums after banning us in yours? Bored with the circle jerk? As far as the ban goes, LAME, very lame. I saw nothing that was over the top. You ************** just can't handle losing. After you guys lost to EXLAX I posted the following: "hahahahahaha, see you ladies sunday. And three of your human toilets decided to neg rep me. You ladies really need to keep your panties out of your garter belts.

Face it, Jack. In this rivalry, we are the windshield and you are the bug. That goes for on the field, in the stands, and in these forums.

You want us to lay off the microorganism that is the inferno? Then do this.
    No more wimpy ass bannings. This is an internet forum. We talk smack here.
    If you and your band of idiots can't handle words on a computer screen then god help you in real life. Next, can the moral superiority. We ain't nuns and priests and neither are you. Last thing, tell your front office to get a life. There is no correlation between spray paint and the banning of drums and banners. Last time I checked it is physically impossible to spray paint anything using a drum or a banner.

Have a horrible day.

23. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To be fair, if the tables were turned, the FCD poster would have gotten neg rep from posters on our forum. If you want to talk trash and laugh at a loss, start a new topic in the rival forum.

24. hahahahahahahahahahahaha... best post ever :D

25. webfoot

webfoot Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Corpse in Houston, spirit in Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Art--
    I can see what you mean, however, neg reps wouldn't come from me. I wouldn't waste my time. I view that in the same light as banning. Sure, it's within the rules of the forum, but is it really necessary?

My main problem with Texgator is the global banning, and then coming here to post. That is extremely weak across the board. Nothing that the Houston fans posted warranted banning from the Dallas forums.

It was a weak reaction by weak people. Coming in here to post on our forums makes him look even worse.