FC Dallas v SKC 10/14

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by mschofield, Oct 14, 2020.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So this one starts at, uhm, 2:30 am here. That's 7:30 in KC, though, so Enjoy!
    The preview on the MLS has us trotting out Melia, Lindsey and Dia wide, Puncec and Reid in the middle on defense.
    They have a midfield trio of Sanchez, Busio and Kinda. Up top, they have Gerso, Shelton, Russell.
    I am not at all sure about that being the case, as I think they're just repeating the starting 11 from the weekend and we're playing a lot of games.
    I could see us reward Hurtado with a start for his wondergoal. I don't think that is overly beneficial, but it might be fair.
    Last 3 for us are three wins, while for Dallas two draws and a loss.Dallas is in a close fight for a playoff spot, they're in 6th but within 3 points of 11th and 4th. We're in third, which is the worst spot we can end the night, though with a win or a tie, we could be in first (tie for first with a tie). the MLS site notes that Dallas is +130 while we're +190. I've been trying to figure this out. Maybe it's a Vegas line, a dollar to win on SKC pays $1.90? That seems unlikely, especially as both are positive numbers. In the pointless power rankings, we're 7th and they're 11th.
    My prediction, 1-1.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting Fontas, awesome...

3. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Giving him a chance or is Besler that deep in the doghouse?

4. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was a straight garbage call at the end by the ref there. good god... could mls refs be any worse lately? it's just awful. that should've been a goal for us ... or at worst, a pk and a red card for their gk. how in the living ******** is that a foul on kinda?

kcfooty, mschofield and Uppa 90 repped this.
  5. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there's that instance in which the ball comes off the keepers hand, Kinda is heading straight at the ball, and the keeper wraps his arms around Kinda. It doesn't look to me as if Kinda is initiating contact, as he moving towards a ball which is now free behind the keeper's hand.The keeper clearly plays the man at that point, I believe. But does Kinda lower his shoulder in reaction to the contact, or before it?

6. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    yeah I think the ref will be mad at himself upon watching the replay. Imo there wasn't much need to call the play dead even if he thought there was a foul, he can always go back anyway.

that being said, ,a shitty result for a shitty game by us. don't know what we were trying to do in the first half..sitting so deep and having gerso and hurtado up front you would think you'd see balls over the top, but i cant remember any..

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a couple, I remember Dia had a great cross field ball to Gerso on one, otherwise no the low block we did in the first half didn't do much for us other than hide Fontas' faults.

8. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fontas - A guy who was in the 18 of the Barcelona teams that are talked about in Take The Ball, Pass The Ball as the best to ever play soccer, is now a KC area traffic cone who is so bad that starting him made PV do what he never does....adjust tactics.

Turd of a game. One in a series of turds. Many played against FCD.

So tired of hearing PV complain about refs or opponents tactics after a loss. Option 1, suck less. Option 2, shut up and revisit Option 1.

9. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Did you ever read the Athletic article about Demidov? He is 100% the same story as Fontas. Really eye-opening, and explains how players can be solid in one league and pitiful in another.

10. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There were moments in the CCL, before his total lack of pace was exposed, when Fontas looked pretty, pretty good.His ability to direct play from the back was top of the class.. Sadly, his ability to actually defend anyone who wasn't stationary was flunking that class.It's amazing that he's only 30, and that for a CB/DM he peaked at 20-24. I appreciate what Vermes was trying to do with him. It didn't work, but sometimes it doesn't.